November 20, 2017, 09:23:10 PM

Author Topic: Kroenke buying Usmanov's shares  (Read 2641 times)

September 29, 2017, 07:08:57 PM
Read 2641 times

plumber

Would be interesting.

As yet the 64 year old oligarch has not accepted the bid, and is holding out for improved terms. However, the temptation that he could sell and immediately reinvest into Everton, teaming up with Moshiri once again, is obvious.

http://news.arseblog.com/2017/09/kroenke-turns-the-tables-and-makes-bid-for-usmanovs-shares/

deCoubertin

September 29, 2017, 07:15:10 PM
Reply #1

SANA_DR0

Just what we needed today, some trolling..

in all fairness tho, if this actually happens we should go up a few gears in all aspects of the business.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 30, 2017, 02:14:41 AM
Reply #2

Mayor Farnum

I've heard the first thing he will do is put Unsworth in charge of team affairs.

September 30, 2017, 07:10:41 AM
Reply #3

SteB

That link's not working, here you go... 

http://news.arseblog.com/2017/09/kroenke-turns-the-tables-and-makes-bid-for-usmanovs-shares/

(this one's not working for me either now but I don't know how to delete the bugger!)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 07:13:27 AM by SteB »

September 30, 2017, 07:22:01 AM
Reply #4

SANA_DR0

just did a quick search

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4578688/stan-kroenke-take-over-arsenal-alisher-usmanov/

express is carrying this too, but their page is glitchy as fuck

sorry for the sun link :/
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 30, 2017, 01:31:18 PM
Reply #5

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
That was a very interesting post to check this morning @plumber Perhaps we will se name changes everywhere and not only at Finch Farm  ;)

September 30, 2017, 01:37:24 PM
Reply #6

Cozzie

Can only be good for the club.

Hope it happens.

September 30, 2017, 04:38:54 PM
Reply #7

phillyt

The articles in the nationals are just picking up the arseblog comments, no extra info as far as I can see.

I imagine as a fan site they detest kroenke, a bit like the brighter evertonians donít like kenwright being involved at our club. So they are running with an article they may know or at least suspect is speculation/rumour/Chinese whispers. There may be a modicum of truth in it but itís either done and dusted, or in the very early stages of negotiation.

The purpose? To whip up anti kroenke feeling and mobilise protests against the ownership/board.

Even if this does go the way we want it to we are looking a while into the future.
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

September 30, 2017, 06:12:42 PM
Reply #8

74Blue

I imagine as a fan site they detest kroenke, a bit like the brighter evertonians donít like kenwright being involved at our club.
Are you accusing me of being a little thick here?
I am far from stupid, yet I have no issue at all with Bill Kenwright having an involvement at Everton Football Club.
Over the years, he has been absolutely lambasted for trying to run the club on a shoestring. However, lets not forget the state of the club when he took over control from that massive Park Foods Fucktard Peter Johnson. Kenwright said from day one that he was merely a custodian until the right person came along to take over. I admire his bravery in sticking to his guns & not just selling out to any fool with a few quid, who fancied a bit of a vanity project. Farhad Moshiri has invested heavily in the club and obviously must see something in Kenwright that makes him feel comfortable having him around the place.
It is quite well documented that executives at other clubs don't particularly enjoy dealing with Kenwright as he is apparently a very tough negotiator. The fact that he is not a multi-billionaire, who wants to put all of his spare cash into the club does not mean that our club is not dear to him. He is an Everton fan, who had the opportunity to run the club and seized it with both hands. He gave it everything that he had, but didn't have the financial clout to bankroll signing after signing.
When you look at the bigger picture, Kenwright's tenure has not been a complete disaster, more a slow steadying of the ship. There have been a lot of mistakes made, and a fair few failures, but we are certainly stronger now than we were under the fucking "Love to Shop" voucher king. Now he was a complete and utter fucking bellend!
BK's detractors will constantly use the failed stadium bids as their stick to beat him with. It's true, those bids did fail and at the time it did feel like a disaster. However, wait until we are sat in our seats overlooking the Royal Blue Mersey in our brand new dock home and tell me then was it such a disaster that we didn't get a generic bowl in Kirkby town Centre or a stadium on the site of the Echo Arena. If anything, BK was perhaps naiive in giving us the opportunity to vote on whether or not we wanted a stadium move ahead of the Kirkby fiasco. Most owners would have just announced that the club were relocating to a new stadium and done it anyway.
In terms of stuff that he's got absolutely spot on over the years. We do things with class and dignity:
Appointing David Moyes. He was exactly what we needed at the time and did a fantastic job here. The only criticism of this is that BK kept him here a little too long and maybe should have got shut of him long before he resigned.
Everton in the Community.
Anytime that he has made any sort of speech related to Hillsborough - one that he made at the memorial service at Anfield a few years ago springs immediately to mind
The way that the club did something a little different to everybody else and instead of playing "You'll never walk alone" played "He ain't Heavy, he's my brother". That captured the mood and summed up the class and dignity of our great club perfectly and I guarantee that there was not a dry eye in the house that evening.

September 30, 2017, 06:43:03 PM
Reply #9

phillyt

I am far from stupid, yet I have no issue at all with Bill Kenwright having an involvement at Everton Football Club.
Over the years, he has been absolutely lambasted for trying to run the club on a shoestring. However, lets not forget the state of the club when he took over control from that massive Park Foods Fucktard Peter Johnson. Kenwright said from day one that he was merely a custodian until the right person came along to take over. I admire his bravery in sticking to his guns & not just selling out to any fool with a few quid, who fancied a bit of a vanity project. Farhad Moshiri has invested heavily in the club and obviously must see something in Kenwright that makes him feel comfortable having him around the place.
It is quite well documented that executives at other clubs don't particularly enjoy dealing with Kenwright as he is apparently a very tough negotiator. The fact that he is not a multi-billionaire, who wants to put all of his spare cash into the club does not mean that our club is not dear to him. He is an Everton fan, who had the opportunity to run the club and seized it with both hands. He gave it everything that he had, but didn't have the financial clout to bankroll signing after signing.
When you look at the bigger picture, Kenwright's tenure has not been a complete disaster, more a slow steadying of the ship. There have been a lot of mistakes made, and a fair few failures, but we are certainly stronger now than we were under the fucking "Love to Shop" voucher king. Now he was a complete and utter fucking bellend!
BK's detractors will constantly use the failed stadium bids as their stick to beat him with. It's true, those bids did fail and at the time it did feel like a disaster. However, wait until we are sat in our seats overlooking the Royal Blue Mersey in our brand new dock home and tell me then was it such a disaster that we didn't get a generic bowl in Kirkby town Centre or a stadium on the site of the Echo Arena. If anything, BK was perhaps naiive in giving us the opportunity to vote on whether or not we wanted a stadium move ahead of the Kirkby fiasco. Most owners would have just announced that the club were relocating to a new stadium and done it anyway.
In terms of stuff that he's got absolutely spot on over the years. We do things with class and dignity:
Appointing David Moyes. He was exactly what we needed at the time and did a fantastic job here. The only criticism of this is that BK kept him here a little too long and maybe should have got shut of him long before he resigned.
Anytime that he has made any sort of speech related to Hillsborough - one that he made at the memorial service at Anfield a few years ago springs immediately to mind
The way that the club did something a little different to everybody else and instead of playing "You'll never walk alone" played "He ain't Heavy, he's my brother". That captured the mood and summed up the class and dignity of our great club perfectly and I guarantee that there was not a dry eye in the house that evening.

Why shouldnít the stadium moves be used to criticise kenwright. Thatís like me asking a bird if she fancies me but demanding she ignores the fact Iím fat and ugly. Itís a key consideration.

did he have the foresight or any of the boards he was involved in to buy up land around GP to build a bigger footprint. The likes of spurs/United/Chelsea/Liverpool have all done that. Instead they have let Goodison Park to fall to into a state unacceptable level of disrepair. They couldnít even build the annexe because of the interesting way he was funding the club.

no matter how you look at it the kings dock is a far superior location for a football stadium than bramley moor. Donít forget how bill lied to us about having the money for this (£30m, yes £30 fucking million pounds). We would have been in there in 2005/6 I think. So 12 years of stadium revenue missed out on. Itís proximity to the city center, itís ease of access from all directions, it would have been the new heartbeat of the city. Also donít forget how he chased Paul gregg out because he was going to borrow the money, borrowed the money anyway on a ridiculous mortgage and bought us some pretty blue stones.

Then we have the totally unacceptable situation of Kirkby. The lies about it being free, the taking us out of the city boundary. The lies about GP safety certificates. He was going to destroy the foundations of this club All for a potential 5/6m a year extra.

Leading us to the disastrous, and also apparantly free new stadium. Not worth commenting any further on tbh.
Why on earth would you not use this as a stick to beat him with?

He allowed Phil green to become an integral part of the club, he gave him control all because he stayed as the figurehead. Years of financial mismanagement lead to that situation, and more followed it.

David moyes had to sell a promising young player once to cover the repair/relaying of the pitch. Had years of negative net spend because kenwrights inability to generate funds, coupled with increasing and crippling repayment on wongaesque loans and the blue pebble mortgage.

Bill kenwright took this club to the brink of administration more than once. To a position that the club could only operate with loans from shady high interest year to year borrowing.
His legacy is one of abstract failure.

He nearly sold to a fella in a Bedsit, he turned away cities sheiks and (I think I read somewhere) abromovich.

You mention Johnson and yes he was a kopite twat. He did however build the park end which is more than billy the blue has ever done for this club.

The sooner that man is a distant memory to this club the better. If it wasnít for his ego we would be sat in a nice dockside stadium already.

L
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 06:44:21 PM by phillyt »
I'm fat, but it's not my fault I have a genetic condition resulting in me retaining burgers.

September 30, 2017, 06:55:54 PM
Reply #10

BlueBeagle

The sooner that man is a distant memory to this club the better. If it wasnít for his ego we would be sat in a nice dockside stadium already.

L

He stood in the boys pen though

September 30, 2017, 07:00:51 PM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Awesome, finish fourth and win the odd cup would be so much better than this.
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
- Walt Disney

September 30, 2017, 10:05:20 PM
Reply #12

Realist

Kenwright is a cunt

September 30, 2017, 10:26:11 PM
Reply #13

Macca77

Its not happening lads

September 30, 2017, 10:44:08 PM
Reply #14

74Blue

Why shouldnít the stadium moves be used to criticise kenwright. Thatís like me asking a bird if she fancies me but demanding she ignores the fact Iím fat and ugly. Itís a key consideration.
I did quite clearly state that it hadn't all been rosy and that there had been mistakes made and failures during his tenure. It just seems that the haters are simply too blinkered to look beyond the failed Stadium moves and see that the club has moved forward in other ways.
did he have the foresight or any of the boards he was involved in to buy up land around GP to build a bigger footprint. The likes of spurs/United/Chelsea/Liverpool have all done that. Instead they have let Goodison Park to fall to into a state unacceptable level of disrepair. They couldnít even build the annexe because of the interesting way he was funding the club.
Did Peter Johnson have the foresight to build a new Park End stand that was capable of being extended in the future? That stand was funded mostly from FA grants to bring clubs into line with the all-seated stadia ruling. The club were given some options at the time and Mr Park Foods went for the cheapest option that was pretty much fully funded because he didn't want to spend any cash on it. He also had plans to put the away fans right up in the very corner of the top balcony, out of the way. Now that would have been fun wouldn't it? Yeah, Peter Johnson was a genius.
You mentioned Liverpool buying up land. Any idea how long that took, and how much assistance they needed from the local authority to get that done? Any idea how much discontent it caused in the area around the stadium? Liverpool were also redeveloping bits of their stadium long before BK took the reins at Everton, so perhaps you should also be aiming your vitriol in this respect at previous custodians of Everton Football Club. For instance, what was formerly the Kemlyn Road stand at the shit-pit is now 25 years old. Built in 1992, hence the "Centenary Stand".
no matter how you look at it the kings dock is a far superior location for a football stadium than bramley moor. Donít forget how bill lied to us about having the money for this (£30m, yes £30 fucking million pounds). We would have been in there in 2005/6 I think. So 12 years of stadium revenue missed out on. Itís proximity to the city center, itís ease of access from all directions, it would have been the new heartbeat of the city. Also donít forget how he chased Paul gregg out because he was going to borrow the money, borrowed the money anyway on a ridiculous mortgage and bought us some pretty blue pebbles
Is it really? I  take it that you don't ever venture along the surrounding routes when there's a concert on for 9000 people. Now take that chaos and multiply by six, then add in the normal city centre shoppers on a typical Saturday afternoon and you may just reconsider that comment. This time around with the Bramley More Dock, there are already massive plans in place for infrastructure around the development that were happening anyway because of the multi-billion pounds worth of investment that Peel holdings have been working on attracting into this area as part of their Peel Waters project. Not only does this impact the Liverpool City region, but will also have a massive impact on South Sefton and will potentially see hundreds of millions of pounds worth of investment attracted to Bootle, which is in dire need of development. Sefton Council have already rendered their vision for Sefton 2030 and much of this is based upon the development of the dock area spilling into South Sefton. Everton building a stadium on the dock is merely a catalyst to bring some of the already planned development along. This time around, it would seem that everybody has done their homework and can see that a move to Bramley More will bring Everton a shiny new home, with additional revenue and will deliver benefits to North Liverpool and South Sefton. I don't  believe that similar plans were in place already for Kings Dock.
Then we have the totally unacceptable situation of Kirkby. The lies about it being free, the taking us out of the city boundary. The lies about GP safety certificates. He was going to destroy the foundations of this club All for a potential 5/6m a year extra
The "lies about GP safety certificates, I wouldn't be shouting too loud about tbh. I have a sneaking suspicion that there are more and more compromises reached with the council every year to get that safety certificate through. We have wooden stands on one side of the ground and a stand that is far too steep to pass current building regs on the other side, along with the other issues that go with a pretty old structure and you think the council just come along and tick the box every year? I'm pretty sure that the club have to spend an absolute fuck-ton of cash every year on maintenance and repairs just to get GP through the Safety Certificate, so I think that calling it lies is possibly a little strong tbh.
Leading us to the disastrous, and also apparantly free new stadium. Not worth commenting any further on tbh.
Why on earth would you not use this as a stick to beat him with?
I was not too keen on the idea of a non-descript Tesco box on the middle of Kirkby either. The area where I live is not really my idea of paradise either, but it's where I can afford to live. Sometimes we all have to cut our cloth to suit our finances. I don't disagree that there were failings where the Kirkby project was concerned, but I also think that Tesco were just as culpable as Everton in this regard.
He allowed Phil green to become an integral part of the club, he gave him control all because he stayed as the figurehead. Years of financial mismanagement lead to that situation, and more followed it.

David moyes had to sell a promising young player once to cover the repair/relaying of the pitch. Had years of negative net spend because kenwrights inability to generate funds, coupled with increasing and crippling repayment on wongaesque loans and the blue pebble mortgage.

Bill kenwright took this club to the brink of administration more than once. To a position that the club could only operate with loans from shady high interest year to year borrowing.
His legacy is one of abstract failure.
The club's financial mismanagement was there long before BK took over. The previous custodians had fucked Everton's finances over good and proper long before BK took the helm. You don't pull a business out of financial shit in a day. It can take years.