November 18, 2017, 08:09:06 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: It's not as negative as everybody is thinking  (Read 2639 times)

September 29, 2017, 09:03:37 PM
Reply #15

everton1952

Ha Ha, dredging up past nightmares to terrify us? Ronald seemed to say that if we had won 2-1 instead of 2-2 then we would all have gone away "happy". This is Everton not Carlisle Utd. Gone away relieved at winning yes, but still appalled at our standard of football.

deCoubertin

September 29, 2017, 09:17:02 PM
Reply #16

gizzblue

Its bad, im not entirely sure its Mike Walker, Kendal MK 3 or even Walter Smith levels of bad tho
Early days yet ...do you really wanna be in a worse situation come Christmas.

September 29, 2017, 09:21:06 PM
Reply #17

Evertonian in NC

The problem is, aside from Palace, the level of top-to-bottom competitiveness is much improved from Walter Smith days.

We can't just assume a relegation battle is out of the question.  It's certainly not inevitable.  But I don't think it's straightjacket territory to consider, either.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

September 29, 2017, 10:06:53 PM
Reply #18

Realist

September 29, 2017, 11:31:18 PM
Reply #19

SANA_DR0

Haha he's taking the piss right?

nope he's seriously that arrogant/stubborn/deluded/egotistical*

*delete the ones you dont agree with.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 30, 2017, 12:15:41 AM
Reply #20

eyesalwaysblue

Haha he's taking the piss right?
Starting to think he is seriously taking the piss.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 30, 2017, 12:24:28 AM
Reply #21

eyesalwaysblue

Koeman walsh and Rooney at the quiz..

September 30, 2017, 01:21:58 AM
Reply #22

everton1952

Somehow I suppose he has to make positive noises, otherwise the owner would assume he had "lost it".

September 30, 2017, 04:02:45 AM
Reply #23

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
It's bad but I'm not even sure it's Roberto at his worst bad, never mind Smith or Walker

September 30, 2017, 06:08:05 AM
Reply #24

SANA_DR0

Somehow I suppose he has to make positive noises, otherwise the owner would assume he had "lost it".

The system is phenomenal, but ok, they had ten men, phenomenal i said, but ok, the players where scared of the phenomenal system.

Imagine better players in this phenomenal system. I still need to bring my own players in, I had 8 players missing from the team yesterday, we could be phenomenal, but ok.

The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 30, 2017, 02:32:28 PM
Reply #25

eyesalwaysblue

If we're not sure which particular bad period this is as bad as, then it's at least as bad....

September 30, 2017, 04:42:43 PM
Reply #26

ally2

People are going to have a pop whatever he says so it really doesn't matter.

If he blames the players it's out of order. If he blames himself he's accused of not doing anything about it. If he changes the team he's accused of meddling. If he doesn't he's accused of being stubborn.

Better off not talking to the media or fans but of course he has to.

September 30, 2017, 05:28:15 PM
Reply #27

74Blue

Its bad, im not entirely sure its Mike Walker, Kendal MK 3 or even Walter Smith levels of bad tho
They were truly dark, dark days!

September 30, 2017, 05:36:10 PM
Reply #28

Bluedylan

Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

September 30, 2017, 06:02:17 PM
Reply #29

everton1952

220M what? Koeman has just said we spent 54 - 50M - look at the Echo report of his statement that we spent only a little more than Huddersfield. I cannot find an Echo interview video to show him talking about this and his own job. The one described as a preview of the Burnley game is not the one. If someone can find the interview which talks about what was spent and about himself feeling like "shit" after the game and whether he might be sacked or not, I would like to see it.