November 18, 2017, 12:24:45 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: It's not as negative as everybody is thinking  (Read 2632 times)

September 30, 2017, 08:46:27 PM
Reply #45

plumber

how do you equate Koeman as one of the best Premier league managers?

do you mean in the Premier league right now? or in the history of the Premier league?  or during a set time period?

again, how have you come to that conclusion? What has he won? whats his win loss %?

He has finished 7th, 6th and 7th in his three seasons in the prem. So yes, he is definitely above the average.

I never was his biggest fan, he's not a top manager and considering his age will never be, but some people's jumping from one extreme to another is ridiculous. From "we are his stepping stone to Barcelona" to comparisons with Walter Smith and Unsworth shouts. All that in about 6 weeks.

deCoubertin

September 30, 2017, 08:57:06 PM
Reply #46

gizzblue

He has finished 7th, 6th and 7th in his three seasons in the prem. So yes, he is definitely above the average.

I never was his biggest fan, he's not a top manager and considering his age will never be, but some people's jumping from one extreme to another is ridiculous. From "we are his stepping stone to Barcelona" to comparisons with Walter Smith and Unsworth shouts. All that in about 6 weeks.
Unfortunately the similarities are drawn due to the manager's inept ability in seeing his own errors due to ego blindness. ..like Martinez etc etc ....
Most nsno'ers expect the same (failed four defenders two DM and three no 10s) system against Burnley tomorrow and will probably be justified .

September 30, 2017, 09:10:05 PM
Reply #47

SANA_DR0

Finishing 7th.6th and 7th doesnt make you anywhere near the best, bang on average to me, if your going by those stats, Moyes was world class, he finished 4th 5th 6th 5th 5th 6th.. etc

i only say Unsworth as he will bring some passion to our team and he his team actually play some football.  he isnt too arrogant to make changes.. ive never said Koeman was going to Barca.. others think its stepping stone.. but i guess they expected Koeman to be better.
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 30, 2017, 09:12:19 PM
Reply #48

ally2

September 30, 2017, 09:16:06 PM
Reply #49

SANA_DR0

"Passion"

Oh pur-lease.

??

did you see Unsworth play for us? do you see his youth teams team spirit?

or do you rate Koemans passion and his team spirit in the 1st team?
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 30, 2017, 09:25:47 PM
Reply #50

eyesalwaysblue

He just talks fuckin shite, but why should he worry? he's minted if he stays or goes.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

September 30, 2017, 09:30:00 PM
Reply #51

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
He just talks fuckin shite, but why should he worry? he's minted if he stays or goes.

So is every Premier League manager.

And footballer.

In fact, why should any of them care about anything eh?

September 30, 2017, 09:35:03 PM
Reply #52

SANA_DR0

So is every Premier League manager.

And footballer.

In fact, why should any of them care about anything eh?

Pride, Ego, wanting to be remembered in decades time...bettering themselves, learning.. etc etc..

I guess Koeman knows his managerial record wont come anywhere close to his playing record.. He actually seems like he is waiting for his next job ;/

& Unsworth kicking ass.

September 30, 2017, 10:42:17 PM
Reply #53

plumber

Finishing 7th.6th and 7th doesnt make you anywhere near the best, bang on average to me, if your going by those stats, Moyes was world class, he finished 4th 5th 6th 5th 5th 6th.. etc

i only say Unsworth as he will bring some passion to our team and he his team actually play some football.  he isnt too arrogant to make changes.. ive never said Koeman was going to Barca.. others think its stepping stone.. but i guess they expected Koeman to be better.
Moyes' record was great with the resources he had actually.
And what do you expect from the sides like Everton and Southampton? 3rd, 1st, 2nd?
Or you care about "passion", not results?

September 30, 2017, 11:11:48 PM
Reply #54

SANA_DR0

Moyes' record was great with the resources he had actually.
And what do you expect from the sides like Everton and Southampton? 3rd, 1st, 2nd?
Or you care about "passion", not results?
Still doesnt come anywhere near to a great manager.

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 01, 2017, 12:52:24 AM
Reply #55

ally2

??

did you see Unsworth play for us? do you see his youth teams team spirit?

or do you rate Koemans passion and his team spirit in the 1st team?

I did.  Good chap but generally a bit of a barrel and not very cultured (to put it kindly).  I just don'y think 'passion' really means anything in these days of elite professional sport, and even if it did, it's not something that endures.  You'll eventully regress to what you were.

October 01, 2017, 02:08:14 AM
Reply #56

everton1952

The calls for Unsworth are ludicrous. Koeman might get us into the top half. 7th will be a very good achievement with this unbalanced squad.  Otherwise maybe we should go for Uncle Roy after he is sacked at Palace?

October 01, 2017, 04:43:42 AM
Reply #57

SANA_DR0

The calls for Unsworth are ludicrous. Koeman might get us into the top half. 7th will be a very good achievement with this unbalanced squad.  Otherwise maybe we should go for Uncle Roy after he is sacked at Palace?

Roys an even worse shout than my piss take Unsworth shouts.

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 01, 2017, 05:30:23 AM
Reply #58

Bluedylan

He fashioned the 'unbalanced squad' with 220 million nicker. 7th is the absolute bare minimum, not 'a very good achievement'.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 05:33:15 AM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 01, 2017, 05:47:12 AM
Reply #59

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
We were the 7th best team in the league before he spent a penny, just an underperforming one. For me it's too early to pull the trigger but expectation wise I'd be hoping for a manager that shoots higher than to maintain 7th given the money he has to spend.