September 25, 2018, 01:50:24 PM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman: It's not as negative as everybody is thinking  (Read 4986 times)

September 30, 2017, 06:51:54 PM
Read 4986 times

plumber

Positive thing is the knowledge and intelligence of Everton fans. Random Twitter or NSNO poster seems to know his football better than one of the best Premier league managers.

September 30, 2017, 08:46:27 PM
Reply #1

plumber

how do you equate Koeman as one of the best Premier league managers?

do you mean in the Premier league right now? or in the history of the Premier league?  or during a set time period?

again, how have you come to that conclusion? What has he won? whats his win loss %?

He has finished 7th, 6th and 7th in his three seasons in the prem. So yes, he is definitely above the average.

I never was his biggest fan, he's not a top manager and considering his age will never be, but some people's jumping from one extreme to another is ridiculous. From "we are his stepping stone to Barcelona" to comparisons with Walter Smith and Unsworth shouts. All that in about 6 weeks.

September 30, 2017, 10:42:17 PM
Reply #2

plumber

Finishing 7th.6th and 7th doesnt make you anywhere near the best, bang on average to me, if your going by those stats, Moyes was world class, he finished 4th 5th 6th 5th 5th 6th.. etc

i only say Unsworth as he will bring some passion to our team and he his team actually play some football.  he isnt too arrogant to make changes.. ive never said Koeman was going to Barca.. others think its stepping stone.. but i guess they expected Koeman to be better.
Moyes' record was great with the resources he had actually.
And what do you expect from the sides like Everton and Southampton? 3rd, 1st, 2nd?
Or you care about "passion", not results?

October 01, 2017, 05:19:15 PM
Reply #3

plumber

Amazed anyone thinks Koeman will get top half this season

I remember some people who thought Martinez could get top half in the 15/16 season. Isn't it even more amazing?