July 21, 2018, 03:37:03 AM

Author Topic: [News]Klaassen: Adapting to English game has not been easy  (Read 23201 times)

November 25, 2017, 01:52:51 AM
Reply #120

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Canít believe anyone thought 4-4-2 with a left side of Martina and Klaassen was ever going to be good...

November 25, 2017, 01:59:43 AM
Reply #121

terrydarracotsbaldpate

I think he's just a good player that has made the wrong move at the wrong time.

He played in a system at Ajax that made every player look even better than they actually were. They were dynamic, moved, short quick passes, made runs, and were well drilled and knew every move every player was going to make.

Then he came here....
One thing we are not is dynamic. Diabolical yes.

November 25, 2017, 02:00:14 AM
Reply #122

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
The lad has no chance of shining right now. That's not on him

November 25, 2017, 02:02:31 AM
Reply #123

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Canít believe anyone thought 4-4-2 with a left side of Martina and Klaassen was ever going to be good...

Oh my god is that how we lined up?

Is unsworth trying to intentionally not only not get the Everton job but not get any job in the future?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 25, 2017, 02:03:03 AM
Reply #124

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
We'll have to wait and see whether a different approach by another manager will help him, given up trying to assess him right now. The problem is for me the only other time I've seen him play was the EL final versus Man Utd and he was anonymous then too. I'd feel a bit more confident had I seen more of him.

I do think he'd be better getting in and around the box though. I do think he can finish.

November 25, 2017, 02:33:16 AM
Reply #125

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Oh my god is that how we lined up?

Is unsworth trying to intentionally not only not get the Everton job but not get any job in the future?

Unsworth disappointing me saying things like lads making his job easier with performances last night. Some of those players have had far less time to impress than players Unsworth and people to that Koeman persist with no matter how shite they play.

November 25, 2017, 02:38:04 AM
Reply #126

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah, worth pointing out he started on the left.

I reckon in a team that plays how he likes to play he can be a very good player.

Unfortunately he's playing in a team that create two chances a game and one that can't pass the ball so he has no chance.

November 25, 2017, 02:40:56 AM
Reply #127

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I donít think his game is based on constant involvement; so if the team is rubbish itís very hard to build up possession and positions that will enable him to get up around and in the box.

November 25, 2017, 02:42:00 AM
Reply #128

Lxxx

He just ainít very good. If you need to be playing with players who are at the top of their game, against poor opposition and to always be playing with confidence to play your game then youíre no baller.

Youíve got to have some individual attributes to make it at the top level and not have to rely on everyone else around you to shine. Granted no-one has looked decent this season but thatís because the squad is filled with average players and we might just have to accept that to a man this squad is very, very average. Klaassan included.

November 25, 2017, 02:42:01 AM
Reply #129

Thornton_19

He was made to look a Tit by our selection and the players around him.
He would go press by himself and nobody would go with him so they passed around him. The  he was out of position.

Us being shite and having not arsed players is making him look a lot worse.

November 25, 2017, 02:44:53 AM
Reply #130

Major Clanger

He was made to look a Tit by our selection and the players around him.

Also by the fact that he's shit.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

November 25, 2017, 03:05:01 AM
Reply #131

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Unsworth disappointing me saying things like lads making his job easier with performances last night. Some of those players have had far less time to impress than players Unsworth and people to that Koeman persist with no matter how shite they play.

Donít worry about the fat PE teacher mate, wonít be here much longer.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 25, 2017, 03:24:19 AM
Reply #132

BlueBeagle

Donít worry about the fat PE teacher mate, wonít be here much longer.

Meow!

November 25, 2017, 04:25:43 AM
Reply #133

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber

November 25, 2017, 04:41:12 AM
Reply #134

sam of the south

Christ 😳

As @brap2 suggested, I don't think anyone dreamed we would have a left side like that.

Surely Unsworth/Royle are a bit insane 🤔
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them