November 23, 2017, 09:10:22 PM

Author Topic: [News]Klaassen: Adapting to English game has not been easy  (Read 4155 times)

September 29, 2017, 11:03:31 PM
Read 4155 times

Everton News

Klaassen: Adapting to English game has not been easy

Everton's Dutch international Davy Klaassen says he needs to improve his game and admits he has struggled to adapt to the Premier League so far.

Source: Klaassen: Adapting to English game has not been easy

deCoubertin

September 30, 2017, 01:22:26 AM
Reply #1

Realist

We know Davy, in your defence the jump from the Dutch league to the prem is similar to going from Sunday league to the prem

September 30, 2017, 01:33:37 AM
Reply #2

everton1952

I am encouraged by his statement. Although players from other countries might say they know about the premier league and what it is like, most if not all do not know until they play in it. A very few will start like a house on fire, but they are the great players. The Shite had one until he bit one player too many. Others adapt and eventually catch up, others fall by the wayside. I really hope Klassen will catch on, if not this season, then next. Koeman knows what the Dutch league consists of. It has happened this way because of other crucial failings in recruitment, and Klassen is consequently in at the deep end up to his neck and struggling; maybe 6 months too early for him.

September 30, 2017, 01:43:37 AM
Reply #3

Martip

Less talk more goals please davey

October 17, 2017, 04:48:23 PM
Reply #5

ally2

I don't know why but I have zero doubt that Klaasen and Sandro are both going to be top drawer for us. It's impossible to come to any conclusions at this stage so some patience is required.

October 17, 2017, 05:14:37 PM
Reply #6

JordanianEmbassy

Another one who is being played out of position. He's not a Number !0 - he's a box to box midfielder.

Not been impressed at all by him so far, but it took Bergkamp a long time to settle, and plenty of others... so not actually that worried about him. Could def still come good.

October 17, 2017, 05:18:51 PM
Reply #7

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
We know Davy, in your defence the jump from the Dutch league to the prem is similar to going from Sunday league to the prem

Bit of an over exaggeration there mate don't you think.

October 17, 2017, 06:13:41 PM
Reply #8

Lazarou

No point buying a player who has done well in a specific position/role then not playing him in that position/role. It's just shit management all round not just for him but many of the players.

DCL was wide left on Sunday ffs, it's just bad management.

October 17, 2017, 06:39:56 PM
Reply #9

Hawkandro

Less talk more goals please davey

Are you motivational speaker?
Another one who is being played out of position. He's not a Number !0 - he's a box to box midfielder.

Not been impressed at all by him so far, but it took Bergkamp a long time to settle, and plenty of others... so not actually that worried about him. Could def still come good.

Bingo! Play him alongside MS or IGG, not both together.

Another tactical failing from our Master Technician.

Also, isn't it worth giving Sandro a shot on the left of a 3 man attack, with Lookman/Vlasic or Mirallas on the right?

Argh, getting wound up here. Bloody Koeman.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:41:25 PM by Hawkandro »
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 17, 2017, 06:45:35 PM
Reply #10

SANA_DR0

I don't know why but I have zero doubt that Klaasen and Sandro are both going to be top drawer for us. It's impossible to come to any conclusions at this stage so some patience is required.
I agree, i dont understand why they're not in the U23 team. give them some game time/confidence and experience in england,
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 17, 2017, 06:47:50 PM
Reply #11

BlueBeagle

I agree, i dont understand why they're not in the U23 team. give them some game time/confidence and experience in england,

Are you for real?

October 17, 2017, 06:49:45 PM
Reply #12

SANA_DR0

Are you for real?

as opposed to what? sticking him the first team while he has no confidence, he hasnt got to terms with the pace.. he needs to adapt.. what better way than in a situation where the pressure if off him?

are you for real?
The only real things in this reality are how perspective is perceived and eventual death...

& Unsworth kicking ass.

October 17, 2017, 06:57:46 PM
Reply #13

Waltzer

Wasn't he the actual number 10 for Ajax? And when you look at all his goals hes either right up there with the centre forward or playing just off, so I dont think theres much weight to that argument?

I agree he hasnt looked great so far but it was too much too soon I think, Im not confident that he will get the chance to come good if im honest, the Premiership waits for no man and its about taking your chances and hes slipping further down the pecking order.

October 17, 2017, 07:09:13 PM
Reply #14

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Wasn't he the actual number 10 for Ajax? And when you look at all his goals hes either right up there with the centre forward or playing just off, so I dont think theres much weight to that argument?

I agree he hasnt looked great so far but it was too much too soon I think, Im not confident that he will get the chance to come good if im honest, the Premiership waits for no man and its about taking your chances and hes slipping further down the pecking order.

No, he was a midfielder for Ajax.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin