October 18, 2018, 06:17:38 PM

Author Topic: [News]Klaassen: Adapting to English game has not been easy  (Read 25505 times)

September 30, 2017, 01:33:37 AM
Read 25505 times

everton1952

I am encouraged by his statement. Although players from other countries might say they know about the premier league and what it is like, most if not all do not know until they play in it. A very few will start like a house on fire, but they are the great players. The Shite had one until he bit one player too many. Others adapt and eventually catch up, others fall by the wayside. I really hope Klassen will catch on, if not this season, then next. Koeman knows what the Dutch league consists of. It has happened this way because of other crucial failings in recruitment, and Klassen is consequently in at the deep end up to his neck and struggling; maybe 6 months too early for him.

October 17, 2017, 08:37:40 PM
Reply #1

everton1952

Clubs like us can't afford top world players so we have to dip into the pool of lesser foreign players and take a chance. That is where the "skills/knowhow" of Walsh is supposed to come into play. The fact that Klassen is currently useless in our present situation, indicates it is a risky business. Klassen given time may turn out to be an adequate squad player and eventually justify most of the big fee paid for him. Ajax like Swansea later, held all the cards and we paid the asking price. Looking around the lower regions of the PL, probably there are many players of Klassen's level who struggle to survive if pitched straight in over their heads. The euphoria on this site when Klassen was signed was probably because coming from a big name like Ajax, he must be good, but sadly he isn't. If the other fella Sandro ever turns into a decent player that would be a major coup for Walsh considering he cost so little.  The jury is still out on both.

October 17, 2017, 10:26:10 PM
Reply #2

everton1952

Everyone especially Walsh will hope you are right. His time may come but perhaps not yet.

October 20, 2017, 05:33:06 AM
Reply #3

everton1952

Moshiri is loaded so just quietly move Klassen back to Holland at a loss. He will be forgotten in one year.

October 20, 2017, 05:36:02 AM
Reply #4

everton1952

You must be worse than silly if you think Klassen is worth persevering with. After Koeman goes next week the next manager will bin Klassen toute suite as the Russians say.

October 20, 2017, 05:44:44 AM
Reply #5

everton1952

Tranmere?  or if that is too hard maybe Southport. Probably too physical though for his dainty style.

October 20, 2017, 03:33:05 PM
Reply #6

everton1952

Ajax would be delighted to have him come home and make a fat profit with it. That would not be so bad an outcome. He saves his career and we can stop pretending he is what he clearly isn't. I suspect Koeman wanted him which is a bad sign of his judgement considering he knows Dutch football backwards..

November 11, 2017, 10:08:32 PM
Reply #7

everton1952

Not sure about technically gifted but I think he's a clever footballer. Passes and moves. Links play sees things apparently scores goals. Like a shit frank lampard

What worries me is that while everyone has been shit some have been completely dropped from the 18 while others continue to keep their places. Id like to see him and sandro get more chances now.
I would play both in the remaining meaningless European games along with any other reserves we can put out to lessen the strain on the main squad. Otherwise I would not let either near the present squad, we have enough problems without adding to them. Of course if those two wipe the floor with Atalanta and the Cypriots etc then maybe give them a chance next month.

November 11, 2017, 11:39:28 PM
Reply #8

everton1952

A new manager might just try them and we may or may not suffer the consequences. It doesn't look good for them but who knows? Different manager different tactics may be the salvation of one of these two if not both.

November 26, 2017, 03:34:28 PM
Reply #9

everton1952

What has happened to Stevie Naismith? He never seems to be in the Norwich first team.  Perhaps they transferred him.

November 30, 2017, 08:35:52 PM
Reply #10

everton1952

Well if he does not or cannot take this great chance to impress and start with a clean slate with a new manager and coach, then he should be binned  in January along with Sandro and one or two others. Klassen may join the list of the most expensive flops in our history. I hope somehow he can turn his fortunes around.

December 19, 2017, 04:56:46 PM
Reply #11

everton1952

Koeman must take most of the blame for Klassen. He surely knew Dutch football levels and their top players more than anyone at Everton. Who knows, Klassen may be found a role here but probably will go down as one of the biggest wastes of money for a long time.

January 30, 2018, 11:53:21 PM
Reply #12

everton1952

Great, take a cut and sell quick.  Koeman must solely to blame for fellow Dutchman Klassen; he must have known the risks taking players from the current Dutch league. Their game is in a deep slump at the present time, as is reflected by their crap national team.