July 23, 2018, 09:07:22 PM

Author Topic: [News]Klaassen: Adapting to English game has not been easy  (Read 23298 times)

November 25, 2017, 04:44:04 AM
Reply #135

sam of the south

He was made to look a Tit by our selection and the players around him.
He would go press by himself and nobody would go with him so they passed around him. The  he was out of position.

Us being shite and having not arsed players is making him look a lot worse.

I don't think the players aren't arsed.

I just think they've been coached cluelessly, particularly when it comes to pressing.

It takes real synchronisation and planning to get it right, and I think Koeman just told them to "preshh" without actually knowing how to coach it. 
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

November 25, 2017, 03:53:10 PM
Reply #136

Bob Sacamano

Oh my god is that how we lined up?

Is unsworth trying to intentionally not only not get the Everton job but not get any job in the future?

Ha.  Thought the same. A line-up so outlandish I thought @GLewis was just making shit up.

November 25, 2017, 10:44:59 PM
Reply #137

arteta4spain

Just said to a mate he reminds me of a cross between Andy Johnson and Steven Naismith!

November 26, 2017, 03:08:44 PM
Reply #138

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Just said to a mate he reminds me of a cross between Andy Johnson and Steven Naismith!

Bants.

November 26, 2017, 03:34:28 PM
Reply #139

everton1952

What has happened to Stevie Naismith? He never seems to be in the Norwich first team.  Perhaps they transferred him.

November 30, 2017, 01:59:51 AM
Reply #140

BlueBeagle

This bag of shite not even on the bench again

November 30, 2017, 02:12:45 AM
Reply #141

kramer0

I can see him as a useful source of goals, scoring off of knockdowns from whatever big lump of a forward we sign in January.

It's a role that requires good anticipation and the ability to finish (both of which he has) but doesn't require him to get on the ball regularly (which is clearly not his style).

November 30, 2017, 06:09:24 PM
Reply #142

piggypop

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon he's our new Bilyaletdinov. You can see he has talent but I just don't think he is suited to the Premier League. Until he leaves the club we'll probably want him to play in the position he doesn't seem to get much of a chance in.
It's a shame as we'd all love to see a midfielder arriving late and scoring hatfuls of goals like lampard.
And I certainly can't see him suiting an allardyce team, which is all about stats and productivity.

November 30, 2017, 08:35:52 PM
Reply #143

everton1952

Well if he does not or cannot take this great chance to impress and start with a clean slate with a new manager and coach, then he should be binned  in January along with Sandro and one or two others. Klassen may join the list of the most expensive flops in our history. I hope somehow he can turn his fortunes around.

December 19, 2017, 03:24:40 AM
Reply #144

BlueBeagle

9th PL game on the bounce this fella hasn't even made the squad.

Was an unused sub in the 3 games prior to that.

Bye bye January I think.

December 19, 2017, 03:52:21 AM
Reply #145

Lxxx

9th PL game on the bounce this fella hasn't even made the squad.

Was an unused sub in the 3 games prior to that.

Bye bye January I think.

15m+ and I'd snap your hand off. Put the money towards a replacement for Baines.

December 19, 2017, 04:10:34 AM
Reply #146

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Wayne Rooney is so socially awkward.

December 19, 2017, 04:13:09 AM
Reply #147

Mac934

Klassen did the exactly set the world alight with the young 'uns in the dead rubber either, so no great loss I don't think.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one!

December 19, 2017, 04:23:26 AM
Reply #148

Risky

NSNO Subscriber
I kind of hope that the solidity and improved form we're building will actually be the foundations to start reintegrating the likes of Klaassen and Sandro back in to the squad.  It's pretty hard to judge them based on what's happened so far this season, and perhaps taking them out of the firing line is actually going to do them a world of good.  Much easier for these players to adapt playing in a team that's in form and playing well, rather than the absolute shambles they were trying to find their feet in.

I really don't see any benefit in getting rid in January, unless Allardyce has completely made his mind up already.

December 19, 2017, 04:27:35 AM
Reply #149

Lxxx

I kind of hope that the solidity and improved form we're building will actually be the foundations to start reintegrating the likes of Klaassen and Sandro back in to the squad.  It's pretty hard to judge them based on what's happened so far this season, and perhaps taking them out of the firing line is actually going to do them a world of good.  Much easier for these players to adapt playing in a team that's in form and playing well, rather than the absolute shambles they were trying to find their feet in.

I really don't see any benefit in getting rid in January, unless Allardyce has completely made his mind up already.

Or unless it's sell to buy, which wouldn't be unreasonable in January.