August 18, 2018, 07:42:33 PM

Author Topic: [News]Klaassen: Adapting to English game has not been easy  (Read 23998 times)

January 23, 2018, 02:16:52 AM
Reply #195

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Donít think you should write anyone off until they have had a year at a club to find their feet, particularly if itís a new county. That goes double if itís a club in turmoil which tbf we have been.

Signs have not been great, but wouldnít want to lose him, especially at a loss.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 23, 2018, 02:53:35 AM
Reply #196

UnsyisaRhino

I think he showed signs of intelligent play early on, but suffered badly as a result of the entire teams lack of confidence and lack of movement.

I think we'd see a different player if he was at arsenal or even Bournemouth

January 23, 2018, 03:02:14 AM
Reply #197

Gash

Global Moderator
He's had 6 months to get up to speed and still Sam said he's not showing enough in training to warrant a place in the squad. I suppose he's a Rooney/Sig-lite and if he can't find a place for both of them at once then he's not going to find a slot for Klaassan.

He's not really had 6 months to get up to speed though, you can only do so much in training to try and impress but the only way he's really going to get sharp is playing games. He hasn't even been given a game by Allardyce other than Limassol and Allardyce wasn't even at that one. A total of ten games at an average of 43 minutes per game isn't really getting the chance to learn the league and get any sort of match sharpness.

January 23, 2018, 02:52:51 PM
Reply #198

Jamokachi

I hope he's been locked in the gym.

January 23, 2018, 03:04:23 PM
Reply #199

Lincs Toffee

I really think we have a slick player here who would be able to release the ball quickly to the likes of Walcott and Tosun, he wasn't the captain of Ajax just for having nice blonde hair and a cute face. We have lost the ability of the one touch football that we had with the likes of Ossie, Baines and Pienaar, the type of football that doesn't allow the opposing side to mark every player making us pass backwards and sideways. Fuck me our players have the skill set to do this, its so infuriating that we are scared of trying to play attacking football anymore, if we could then that's when Davy would shine, I'm pretty sure of it.
ďI used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.Ē - Dixie Dean

January 23, 2018, 04:20:17 PM
Reply #200

Lxxx

To play Klaassan would mean dropping Sig/Rooney. Isn't gonna happen when these boys have proven themselves as great players in this league. Just a very poor signing, completely unnecessary and needs to be moved on so we can find players we need.

January 23, 2018, 05:24:52 PM
Reply #201

bigmanbob

To play Klaassan would mean dropping Sig/Rooney. Isn't gonna happen when these boys have proven themselves as great players in this league. Just a very poor signing, completely unnecessary and needs to be moved on so we can find players we need.
I'm not advocating playing Klaassen but that's a strange statement IMHO. Both Rooney and Sig  have proven themselves as great players in this league, but neither have performed well enough in the no 10 role to say they should consistently play there

January 23, 2018, 05:30:45 PM
Reply #202

Lincs Toffee

Well yes they have proved to be great players, but from here on in they (especially Rooney) will be on the decline due to age, we can't keep hold of these ageing players and not replace them, we need to change our style of play which will then allow changes to be made, until then sadly we are going nowhere fast and the likes of Davy will stagnate along with Sandro et al.
ďI used to stick the ball in the net and bow three times to the Kop. They never liked me doing that.Ē - Dixie Dean

January 23, 2018, 05:34:41 PM
Reply #203

formerKHL

football like most sport is a game of fine margins....

klaassen had a couple of goal opportunities in those early games, which to be fair he was only inches away from.....but still there...

easy with hindsight...but if those chances had been converted I believe we'd be looking at a different player who would be a regular in our first team.....

unfortunately...chances not taken..team in turmoil and the manager who buys him gets sacked....result = where is the klaassen we bought ?

January 23, 2018, 05:36:49 PM
Reply #204

Lxxx

I'm not advocating playing Klaassen but that's a strange statement IMHO. Both Rooney and Sig  have proven themselves as great players in this league, but neither have performed well enough in the no 10 role to say they should consistently play there

I agree but it looks like from Sam's perspective, with an 18 month contract, that he's going to rely on proven experience. It's a consequence of the board's short term appointment I'm afraid.

January 23, 2018, 06:05:43 PM
Reply #205

formerKHL

I agree but it looks like from Sam's perspective, with an 18 month contract, that he's going to rely on proven experience. It's a consequence of the board's short term appointment I'm afraid.

and this is the very reason for the poor brand of football we're currently playing..

January 30, 2018, 11:43:44 PM
Reply #206

Gash

Global Moderator
Napoli apparently interested in Klaassen.

January 30, 2018, 11:53:21 PM
Reply #207

everton1952

Great, take a cut and sell quick.  Koeman must solely to blame for fellow Dutchman Klassen; he must have known the risks taking players from the current Dutch league. Their game is in a deep slump at the present time, as is reflected by their crap national team.

January 31, 2018, 12:07:59 AM
Reply #208

kramer0

I haven't seen enough of him to feel comfortable forming a strong opinion but what little I've seen suggests that he needs to play in a team that has the ball a lot. He's not really a dribbler and he doesn't really want to make things happen from deep. His strengths are movement off the ball and quick, one-or-two touch passing, and we don't look capable of taking advantage of either.

I think it would be a worthwhile experiment to see him in midfield three w/ Gana and Rooney (or Sigurdsson) but I don't think Allardyce has any interest in that.

Sarri is a great coach and Napoli are excellent with the ball. Probably a good fit for him if there's any truth in the rumour.

January 31, 2018, 12:21:03 AM
Reply #209

Macca77

Napoli apparently interested in Klaassen.

Joyce has confirmed this on twitter