December 19, 2018, 02:05:56 PM

Author Topic: [News]Klaassen: Adapting to English game has not been easy  (Read 27231 times)

February 01, 2018, 01:20:22 AM
Reply #255

TheTone

I find it impressive how many people seem to know how shit him and sandro are despite them playing about a combined 14 minutes between them.

All we need is 5 mins to judge whether someone is shit or not

Tosun is shit too by the way

February 01, 2018, 01:21:07 AM
Reply #256

Hesmenos

I don't think its so much about him adapting to the English game, as he has been wank in Europe as well. I think that we just don't play to his strengths. I had watched him a few times last season and he seemed a very good player. But in all the matches I watched, Ajax played possession football. They did a lot of small passes, a lot of 1-2s, they had a lot of movement off the ball and Klaassen was at the heart of it.
I'm not sure if Koeman bought him thinking that he wanted us to play like this only to bottle it when he saw it wasn't working, or if he thought that Klaassen could adapt to a different style. But if Sam wants to carry on playing the way we are then the only choice is to let him go somewhere else. He'd be brilliant at Napoli as they seem to play a faster version of what Ajax where playing.

February 01, 2018, 01:25:00 AM
Reply #257

bigl1cks

I don't think its so much about him adapting to the English game, as he has been wank in Europe as well. I think that we just don't play to his strengths. I had watched him a few times last season and he seemed a very good player. But in all the matches I watched, Ajax played possession football. They did a lot of small passes, a lot of 1-2s, they had a lot of movement off the ball and Klaassen was at the heart of it.
I'm not sure if Koeman bought him thinking that he wanted us to play like this only to bottle it when he saw it wasn't working, or if he thought that Klaassen could adapt to a different style. But if Sam wants to carry on playing the way we are then the only choice is to let him go somewhere else. He'd be brilliant at Napoli as they seem to play a faster version of what Ajax where playing.

I totally disagree with this. In his few appearances for us he was totally incapable of reviving the ball and passing it to a teammate. How long do you give someone who just isn't doing the business?
anything but long ball!

February 01, 2018, 01:32:55 AM
Reply #258

Hesmenos

I totally disagree with this. In his few appearances for us he was totally incapable of reviving the ball and passing it to a teammate. How long do you give someone who just isn't doing the business?
If by reviving you mean winning the ball back, then that is one of his biggest weaknesses. Its just not part of his skillset. As for passing it on, at Ajax there always seemed to be easy passes on for him. Whether that is better understanding his teammates moves or better movement from teammates. There was a lot of 1 or 2 touch passes. With us he seemed to be running with the ball more and often getting dispossessed. He can't dribble and he can't hold the ball up. If that is what we want from him we might as well get rid.

February 02, 2018, 07:15:55 PM
Reply #259

Lazarou

Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

February 02, 2018, 07:32:32 PM
Reply #260

Cereal Killer

February 02, 2018, 07:40:48 PM
Reply #261

Ross

So basically his agent was going to lose out on a few quid and pulled the plug

The irony of Allardyce complaining about people in football being greedy.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

February 02, 2018, 07:50:35 PM
Reply #262

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
So its a missed trick of other teams not picking a player of this calibre up yet Sam wont even put him on the bench for us?
The fucks he chatting
Simply simply lovely

February 02, 2018, 07:51:29 PM
Reply #263

hannu

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/02/davy-klaassen-everton-football-money-allardyce

so Big Sam says Klsassen pulled out of the deal because of money, it can be equally said Nopoli pulled out over money

the lad does not want to hand over his image rights, its up to him

February 02, 2018, 08:03:30 PM
Reply #264

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
So its a missed trick of other teams not picking a player of this calibre up yet Sam wont even put him on the bench for us?
The fucks he chatting

To be fair the situation would be that Napoli would like to play him more than us atm but it was the image rights issue that stopped that.

He’s obviously down the queue here so it’s disappointing that he’s not out somewhere playing, and unless massive injuries or some drastic improvements here, wasting a year of his career.

February 02, 2018, 08:04:14 PM
Reply #265

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Also some players suit different types of football.

Kroldrup being a good example.

February 02, 2018, 08:55:37 PM
Reply #266

Nicco

Also some players suit different types of football.

Kroldrup being a good example.
And no one knows what types that suits Sam, neither players or football, least Sam.
Jönköpings Södra IF

February 02, 2018, 09:04:30 PM
Reply #267

Hawkandro

"He’s a super professional and a super lad, and he comes in and tries his best in training every day. I just think the opportunity for him to go out on loan was missed by everybody that wanted a player of his calibre.”

Meanwhile, Schneiderlin continues in the First Team.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 02, 2018, 09:14:15 PM
Reply #268

KoemansNumberTens

"He’s a super professional and a super lad, and he comes in and tries his best in training every day. I just think the opportunity for him to go out on loan was missed by everybody that wanted a player of his calibre.”

Meanwhile, Schneiderlin continues in the First Team.

Maybe he's just better.

February 02, 2018, 09:22:03 PM
Reply #269

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Been long enough for me to forget how bad he was and I’m all behind him starting in a midfield 3.

He has played less than 500 mins like, but obviously his own fault if nobody has rated him at all.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.