May 21, 2018, 09:59:53 PM

Author Topic: [News]Klaassen: Adapting to English game has not been easy  (Read 17865 times)

February 04, 2018, 03:00:04 AM
Reply #285

Cozzie

If he's that shit in training that 3 managers (one of whom signed him for decent money) have seen fit to leave him out of most matchday squads, I really can't see what people wanting to "Give him a go" are expecting to see from him.

All variations of "he sees things that his teammates don't which makes him look bad" are just nonsense (that seem to stem from an Echo article months back) as based on his performances to date, nobody could have possibly come to that conclusion.

The only benefit to playing him would be to prove to every man and his dog how poor a signing he really is.

Things are shite anyway, it would at least be something different.

Got to the point where I don't care anymore and just want to see freshness.

February 04, 2018, 03:03:59 AM
Reply #286

Big Sams Little Pecker

if you watched Ajax the season they got to the Europa League final, then you would have seen his skill set, and what he is capable of. we played him in on the side of 3 in midfield (never in the middle) or one of the wide forward positions.  by the time we played him as a CAM, he was already out of form and off the pace,If he played along side Davies and Gueye, with 2fullbacks who bomb on, and with Walcott, he would have options.

Fans keep forgetting we had no attacking style of play for a long time this season.. some may say we still dont have one..

He was garbage in the EL final, I watched it.

A quick scan through various newspaper ratings of said final also backs this up with him being rated at 5 and 6 across the board.

February 04, 2018, 03:08:13 AM
Reply #287

SANA_DR0

He was garbage in the EL final, I watched it.

A quick scan through various newspaper ratings of said final also backs this up with him being rated at 5 and 6 across the board.

not the final, that whole season he was fucking epic.
are you just basing him off the final? had you ever seen him play before the final?

in that season he played 33 league games, scored 14 goals , in the europa he played 17 times scoring 6. his play was amazing.. but hes going to be shit as we had no pace in the team back then when we played him.

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

February 04, 2018, 03:11:24 AM
Reply #288

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
If...we actually settled on the team from Weds night we should be slotting him in when Rooney canít play.

We seem to have a list of players and base the team / formation on them rather than have a general plan that suits the majority and then picks players to fit that.

February 04, 2018, 03:12:49 AM
Reply #289

Big Sams Little Pecker

not the final, that whole season he was fucking epic.
are you just basing him off the final? had you ever seen him play before the final?

in that season he played 33 league games, scored 14 goals , in the europa he played 17 times scoring 6. his play was amazing.. but hes going to be shit as we had no pace in the team back then when we played him.

In a league that Steve McClaren won and Vincent Janssen looked quality...

Hmmmmmmmmm

February 04, 2018, 03:15:57 AM
Reply #290

SANA_DR0

so did  Robben, Nistelrooy, Van Bastan, Jan wouters, aaron Winters, Bergkamp,, Rijkaard, Gulliet ... Heitinga, Cruyff.. shall i continue?
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

February 04, 2018, 03:28:49 AM
Reply #291

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
If...we actually settled on the team from Weds night we should be slotting him in when Rooney canít play.

We seem to have a list of players and base the team / formation on them rather than have a general plan that suits the majority and then picks players to fit that.

I dont think he'd suit the Rooney role.  He could possibly start replacing Davies late in games in that role to get him back in the team.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

February 04, 2018, 03:29:28 AM
Reply #292

Big Sams Little Pecker

so did  Robben, Nistelrooy, Van Bastan, Jan wouters, aaron Winters, Bergkamp,, Rijkaard, Gulliet ... Heitinga, Cruyff.. shall i continue?

Different era and you know it, hence why they haven't even qualified for the World Cup lolol

Unlucky
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 03:33:47 AM by Big Sams Little Pecker »

February 04, 2018, 03:30:32 AM
Reply #293

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I dont think he'd suit the Rooney role.  He could possibly start replacing Davies late in games in that role to get him back in the team.

Yeah that might be ok too.

February 04, 2018, 03:33:13 AM
Reply #294

Cozzie

I'm sure when he signed Koeman said he was brought in to challenge Tom Davies place in the team.

February 04, 2018, 03:56:57 AM
Reply #295

TheTone

I said last summer that this fella would be like Paul Scholes

Creamed my kecks when I saw his first touch looking boss in a pre season game

What an absolute wanker I am

February 04, 2018, 04:03:17 AM
Reply #296

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Should be slotting in for Davies when he canít play imo. Canít do what rooney does and we donít have anyone else who can. Priority for me in the summer, followed immediately by a real LB.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 04, 2018, 04:44:27 PM
Reply #297

Jamokachi

February 04, 2018, 04:53:58 PM
Reply #298

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
and our great manager has just explained that Lookman went on loan as we had 2 players costing more than 20mill£ and had more experience (Bolasie and Walcott) That explains why he picks Davies and not Klaasen...My God our new manager is the worst I've seen and I've seen Walker Bingham Lee among others..

March 11, 2018, 06:11:22 AM
Reply #299

Jamokachi

Had a wee chuckle when the commentator on Optus Sport referred to him as "the lesser spotted Davy Klaassen" :)