December 17, 2018, 10:35:30 AM

Author Topic: [News]Klaassen: Adapting to English game has not been easy  (Read 27164 times)

June 10, 2018, 05:12:30 PM
Reply #360

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
I'm sure Besiktas were done for FFP a few years ago and where given some form of transfer limitations as punishment. Maybe due to those sanctions this is the only way that they can structure this deal.
Brands probably knows what Klaassen is capable of better than anyone else at Everton. If he believes that he is not a good fit for Everton and Silva then getting rid quickly is the best thing for us. This will then free up space to bring in a player which is better suited for us.

Sounds reasonable. Koeman would have just taken his locker off him.

If Besiktas are the only club willing to cover enough of his wages so we can manoeuvre through FFP then this kind of creative think By is exactly the reason we employed Brands.

June 10, 2018, 05:14:27 PM
Reply #361

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I don't really like the idea but if that's the decision then so be it

June 10, 2018, 07:51:46 PM
Reply #362

dunkster

I think it's shit.
If you want his wages off the books then sell him. And don't tell me he won't leave because he's on too good a wage. If it's keep your wages but play zero football or get sold to a different club for less wages but playing regularly I think know which one he'd choose.
And to say he's worth 6-10 mill now is bollocks. This guy went back to Ajax just for a standing ovation for what he did for them. Just cos it hasn't worked for him doesn't mean hes become crap.
Teams like spurs still seem to get very decent fees for players who have barely featured.
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

June 10, 2018, 08:01:26 PM
Reply #363

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Flopzilla, wonder if weíll ever see him in the shirt again
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

June 10, 2018, 09:18:35 PM
Reply #364

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
It hasnít worked out. Thankfully we didnít spend big on him.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

June 10, 2018, 09:26:22 PM
Reply #365

KoemansNumberTens

It hasnít worked out. Thankfully we didnít spend big on him.

He was 25m plus wages. Heís cost us about 600k a week

June 10, 2018, 10:04:10 PM
Reply #366

kramer0

I don't really have any good footballing reasons -- there's not a whole lot to hang on to from his limited appearances last season -- but I like him.

Whether it was delusion or ignorance on the parts of Koeman and Walsh (this is the player you want for your cross heavy, long ball approach?) he found himself in a tough situation last season. I wish him the best whether he stays or goes.

June 10, 2018, 10:47:57 PM
Reply #367

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He was 25m plus wages. Heís cost us about 600k a week

25 mill isn't much for a player these days. The wages we gave him were ridiculous though.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

June 10, 2018, 10:59:10 PM
Reply #368

Lxxx

Has anyone actually got any decent info on this deal or are we all running on a bit of gossip from Turkey, the most reliable of places for football gossip.

June 10, 2018, 11:17:32 PM
Reply #369

Bluedylan

Has anyone actually got any decent info on this deal or are we all running on a bit of gossip from Turkey, the most reliable of places for football gossip.

The second one.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 10, 2018, 11:50:08 PM
Reply #370

KoemansNumberTens

25 mill isn't much for a player these days. The wages we gave him were ridiculous though.

It is when heís barely done anything and now we are talking about taking 3M over 2 seasons for him. Heís been a spectacular waste of money if this is the end of him here

June 11, 2018, 12:09:14 AM
Reply #371

Ross

I doubt his stock has fallen that low outside of the premier league he nearly got a move to Napoli only a few months back.

If either Klaassen or Everton think itís time to part I reckon thereíll still be a few clubs interested in him considering his pedigree pre Everton. Heís not the first player to struggle in with the physical side and speed of this league and he wonít be the last.

Having said that I expect weíll have to supplement his wages elsewhere if he does move on thereís not many clubs who can afford those sort of figures abroad.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 11, 2018, 01:42:48 AM
Reply #372

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I don't really have any good footballing reasons -- there's not a whole lot to hang on to from his limited appearances last season -- but I like him.

Whether it was delusion or ignorance on the parts of Koeman and Walsh (this is the player you want for your cross heavy, long ball approach?) he found himself in a tough situation last season. I wish him the best whether he stays or goes.

Think the idea was that the target man would be laying the ball off/ knocking it down to him and his runs from deep into the box.

Probably the biggest casualty from not signing the striker.

June 11, 2018, 03:53:30 AM
Reply #373

Waltzer

What doesn't help us in all this is everyone knows were keen to offload.  It makes him a prime target to get on the cheap,  why would you spend 20+ million on an unknown quantity outside of Holland,  he's failed to adapt with us so what are the guarantees he'll succeed anywhere else? A loan move is the most logical solution all round if we want to recoup a majority of what we spent, the wages and fee involved will make him far too high a risk outside the premiership to take a punt on.

June 11, 2018, 03:55:47 AM
Reply #374

MmmblueBernard

Cheers Davy.

Sorry it didnít work out.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama