December 18, 2017, 08:55:52 PM

Poll

Have you changed your mind on Rooney?

Author Topic: Have you changed your mind on Rooney?  (Read 1692 times)

September 30, 2017, 09:38:40 PM
Reply #45

Ross

Who's arsed about that honestly?

Incredibly some people did use that as a reason that Rooneys Return was a good thing.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

deCoubertin

September 30, 2017, 09:49:51 PM
Reply #46

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
On the surface it seems like the majority of people's opinions haven't changed (roughly 80% right now). People who wanted him back still think he's been a good addition, those who didn't who were unsure basically feel the same.

Pretty glaring, somewhat divisive split in the fanbase it'd seem at this point.

September 30, 2017, 09:57:26 PM
Reply #47

BlueBeagle

Pretty glaring, somewhat divisive split in the fanbase it'd seem at this point.

Not really proving to be divisive is it, not exactly battles breaking out on the terraces over it.

September 30, 2017, 10:00:02 PM
Reply #48

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Not really proving to be divisive is it, not exactly battles breaking out on the terraces over it.

Well no, wasn't suggesting that. There are a fair few levels below that. Just doesn't help with Koeman viewpoints also diverging.

October 01, 2017, 01:03:49 AM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon he's been sound.

As I've mentioned before, he's been a part of most of the goals we've scored and always looks the make a difference.

Totally take on board his lack of positional discipline though.

He'll hit double figures for both goals and assists this season and that'll be some feat in this team.

That would be a phenomenal return, although obviously it depends on how he effects those around him a bit as well.

Thought in the second half that gylfi had moved more central and looked bit more lively..
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 01, 2017, 01:33:19 AM
Reply #50

MmmBlueRamirez

Has done better than I thought to be fair.
Considering the cost and quality he's a much better signing than Klaassen, Sandro and Sigurdsson.....

Put together.

Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

October 01, 2017, 04:30:23 AM
Reply #51

Realist

Rooney is still a good player who can have an impact on games for us as we've already seen this season
It's easy to fix too, Koeman just has to grow a set of balls and tell him if he won't stick to the position he's given he gets dropped

October 01, 2017, 04:43:09 AM
Reply #52

Redartin

If he wasn't a local lad would the Liverpool contingent think any different?

Edit:
@Bally a question for your podcast, and the same applies to Barkley, Davis etc.
Are local lads under more pressure to perform or do they get away with more than outsiders?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 01:51:25 PM by Redartin »