December 15, 2017, 01:08:15 AM

Poll

Have you changed your mind on Rooney?

Author Topic: Have you changed your mind on Rooney?  (Read 1671 times)

September 30, 2017, 02:04:11 AM
Read 1671 times

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
A lot of opinions before he came in, just wondering where people are now.

deCoubertin

September 30, 2017, 02:05:12 AM
Reply #1

SANA_DR0

my option, Didnt care, Still don't care.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

September 30, 2017, 02:09:05 AM
Reply #2

Martip

Didn't want to sign him based on what id seen in his last year's at utd. He's playing in exactly the same way with us.

September 30, 2017, 02:10:35 AM
Reply #3

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Done exactly as I thought he would so no, not at all

Simply simply lovely

September 30, 2017, 02:12:10 AM
Reply #4

Mayor Farnum

Can't be faulted for effort but he is suffering with the rest of the team. The season will even out in the next couple of months and he'll play a part in our improvement.
Be nice if we could encourage and support the team in the meantime.

September 30, 2017, 02:13:12 AM
Reply #5

sam of the south

Head didn't want to sign him, heart did, when he signed I got genuinely emotional, now I wish he would stay as a number 10 or as the main striker, as his lax approach to positional discipline is doing us no favours.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

September 30, 2017, 02:14:43 AM
Reply #6

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Can't be faulted for effort but he is suffering with the rest of the team. The season will even out in the next couple of months and he'll play a part in our improvement.
Be nice if we could encourage and support the team in the meantime.

Has your attitude changed before and after he came in though?

This oddly isn't meant as a thread to delve into his performances, just seeing as it was a pretty divisive topic before he came in (and lots of people stated a position one way or another) if that position had changed at all.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 02:20:08 AM by blueToffee »

September 30, 2017, 02:15:04 AM
Reply #7

TheTone

I thought he would be coming in as a second choice forward and we had a main striker lined up at the time

Didn't expect him to be starting all the games

September 30, 2017, 02:16:01 AM
Reply #8

Mayor Farnum

I was happy to see him back and am still happy he is here.

September 30, 2017, 02:18:14 AM
Reply #9

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I was happy to see him back and am still happy he is here.

same
I have to return some videotapes.

September 30, 2017, 02:21:50 AM
Reply #10

Ravardo

He either needs to play as a striker in a 4-4-2 giving some much needed support for DCL or sandro which should stop him roaming all over the gaff or as cm next to either gana gueye or schneiderlin as long as its not as a no. 10....playing our top scorer in cm is just shoe-horning him into a postion thats for someone else tho so for fuck sake start playin 2 upfront and play him where he should be

September 30, 2017, 02:25:00 AM
Reply #11

plumber

Has done better than I thought to be fair.
Considering the cost and quality he's a much better signing than Klaassen, Sandro and Sigurdsson.

September 30, 2017, 02:27:15 AM
Reply #12

KoemansNumberTens

Shite for a couple of seasons at Utd..... oddly still shite. Without sentiment we wouldn't have touched him. Not helped that we've overstocked his position to the point you can argue any of our bit crap number 10s weren't actually needed
I'd sooner him than Sigurdsson least he was cheap

September 30, 2017, 02:29:01 AM
Reply #13

Hawkandro

Happy he is here, just wished he was either used up top with Sigurdsson behind him as his No.10, or coming off the bench.

Spending 50m on a No.10 then forcing him out wide to accommodate Rooney is another annoyance this season.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

September 30, 2017, 02:33:28 AM
Reply #14

Evertonian in NC

Changed my mind for a bit when saw he had something left physically and conditioning was very good.

But we are using him wrong and not meshing with other players so I'm back to "bad fucking idea that we won't let go of easily."
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin