December 12, 2018, 07:42:18 AM

Poll

Have you changed your mind on Rooney?

Author Topic: Have you changed your mind on Rooney?  (Read 3530 times)

September 30, 2017, 05:31:08 PM
Read 3530 times

toffee_scot

I'm still happy that he has signed for us and think he could be a very useful player for us, however Everton needs to come up with a system to best utilise him whilst getting the most out of other players. Plus, just because he's Wayne Rooney, it doesn't mean he has a God-given right to start every game and play the full 90 minutes - at least during the Bournemouth game Koeman had the guts to take him off when things weren't working.

September 30, 2017, 05:43:09 PM
Reply #1

toffee_scot

He took him off in the Bounemouth game because of an eye injury.

Wayne Rooney continued to play on with the eye injury, he could have come off at half time but he didn't come off until 10 minutes into the second half, Koeman subbed off Davy Klaassen at the same time because he could finally see that his starting system for the umpteenth time wasn't working so he changed the shape and brought on Niasse and Davies who brought more energy in the attack.

Although the eye incident did get Wayne Rooney quite wound up so that might have also been a factor in Koeman taking him off. 

September 30, 2017, 08:49:23 PM
Reply #2

toffee_scot

Then he proceeded to play the original system again in the Limassol game

Indeed and this is what really pisses me off about the current manager and I am expecting the same against Burnley.