December 11, 2017, 08:18:11 AM

Author Topic: Are Everton headed for a relegation battle?  (Read 5766 times)

October 02, 2017, 01:32:36 AM
Reply #45

eyesalwaysblue

After today's shite how many nailed on games do you think we have?
I still despise Clive Thomas..

deCoubertin

October 02, 2017, 01:34:26 AM
Reply #46

Realist

None

October 02, 2017, 01:51:18 AM
Reply #47

SANA_DR0

I would say no, as to battle you must be strong enough to have a chance...

currently.. we have no chance.. lol
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 02, 2017, 02:13:50 AM
Reply #48

benny

NSNO Subscriber
No, we'll eventually find some form, and come January, sign attacking options. It won't be pretty, but we won't be in a relegation battle

i`ll go along with this

October 02, 2017, 02:39:53 AM
Reply #49

Lxxx

It's easy to say no because we have lots of decent players but we haven't played well yet in about 13 games this season, we concede goals with alarming ease and we don't score many. In fact I can't think of a team that I would definitely back us to beat at the minute, even Palace.

We look shot of any confidence and as soon as we go a goal down the arses fall out. That's how teams get sucked into an area which becomes difficult to recover from. A few more defeats on the bounce in the next few games (very likely against Chelsea, Lyon and Arsenal ) and all of a sudden you're writing your season off and any new manager is coming in and looking at setting up games to make sure you don't get beat to not fall further down the league, instead of coming into a club and trying to put your stamp on it.

I hope the club use this international break to put a few contingency plans in place.

October 02, 2017, 02:55:53 AM
Reply #50

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
No but I do think we are destined for mid table boredom this season now and that's not good enough.

October 02, 2017, 03:03:00 AM
Reply #51

Toddacelli

Such a fucking tedious thread.

Just two posters needling the shit out of each other.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 02, 2017, 03:04:56 AM
Reply #52

Toddacelli

But in the spirit of not just adding to the negativity and answering the OP I guess I should also say that no - I don't think we're in for a relegation battle but if I had to stick a fiver on where we'll finish this season I think I'd go 12th. Maybe 14th.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 02, 2017, 03:06:04 AM
Reply #53

TheTone

we're lucky to even have 7 points, shocking start to the season

October 02, 2017, 04:03:53 AM
Reply #54

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
The bookies think no. Given we have 7 points from 7 games, I'm going to agree with them. It's been a long, long time since we've gone a whole season playing complete shite, even if the board sticks with Koeman and we keep playing shite for a while, it's highly likely we will have a good spell at some point, which will keep us clear of the bottom three.

However, despite the already polarised opinions about the OP and his thread starting, it's probably no longer fair to dismiss some of his stronger negative assertions out of hand, yet alone with abuse. Personally, I find it depressing to admit that his opinions have been more accurate than I expected, but that's not his fault. While believing we are going to be in a relegation battle is still fairly extreme for me, his concerns about Koeman are gaining credence.

October 02, 2017, 04:41:48 AM
Reply #55

terrydarracotsbaldpate

October 02, 2017, 05:04:10 AM
Reply #56

plowman2

Right now we are closer to relegation than Europe
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

October 02, 2017, 05:14:54 AM
Reply #57

Shogun

Administrator
The fact we finished as high as 11th under Martinez tells you how much utter dross there is in this league.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

October 02, 2017, 03:47:45 PM
Reply #58

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Is that yes or no?

Remind me again, what was the question ?

October 02, 2017, 04:07:23 PM
Reply #59

indiantoffee1975

I see us possibly getting a point at brighton and defeats against Arsenal and Leicester. Wonder if Moshiri is still backing him then.