November 13, 2018, 11:42:45 AM

Author Topic: Are Everton headed for a relegation battle?  (Read 10655 times)

October 02, 2017, 02:39:53 AM
Read 10655 times

Lxxx

It's easy to say no because we have lots of decent players but we haven't played well yet in about 13 games this season, we concede goals with alarming ease and we don't score many. In fact I can't think of a team that I would definitely back us to beat at the minute, even Palace.

We look shot of any confidence and as soon as we go a goal down the arses fall out. That's how teams get sucked into an area which becomes difficult to recover from. A few more defeats on the bounce in the next few games (very likely against Chelsea, Lyon and Arsenal ) and all of a sudden you're writing your season off and any new manager is coming in and looking at setting up games to make sure you don't get beat to not fall further down the league, instead of coming into a club and trying to put your stamp on it.

I hope the club use this international break to put a few contingency plans in place.

October 02, 2017, 04:25:10 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

We'll still finish 7th even after this shite start. If you look at who is up their in our place, Burnley and Watford, you realise we actually have quite a shite league with half a dozen good teams with money at the top. Tempted to say even if we had a decent start we'd only finish 7th anyway which makes you realise where we are in the pecking order and will be for as long as I can see.

October 20, 2017, 04:23:11 PM
Reply #2

Lxxx

If at any stage you find yourself in a relegation position (which will probably be us on Sunday) you have to assume you're in a relegation fight. It'd be silly to think otherwise, until you start to climb the table.

October 23, 2017, 04:35:59 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

Think some people (not just you NC) need to chill, we are 4 points from mid table, 5 points behind Liverpool with over 6 months and 29 games to go, I personally would give Koeman the next three league matches.

At what point would you pull the trigger? How low do we have to go before we do that.

October 23, 2017, 07:09:01 PM
Reply #4

Lxxx

Remember when the talk was that it had started to become a top 7?

October 30, 2017, 12:46:47 AM
Reply #5

Lxxx

Luke Garbutt is looking good at the u23's

Not registered for the Premier League.

October 30, 2017, 12:48:25 AM
Reply #6

Lxxx

I think we'll be fine eventually but the reality of our situation right now is that we need a big upturn in form and performance.

I think we're in danger of being a bit too glib about things because we've not been in this situation for years. We're bang in it, we don't score goals, we don't keep clean sheets. We're no better than anyone else in the league. Time to start facing reality.

October 30, 2017, 12:50:54 AM
Reply #7

Lxxx

I think part of Unsworth's problem right now is he's tried to revert back to what he has seen work for us. Lennon, Mirallas etc. There's nothing wrong with that and it may well grind us out some results hopefully but he needs to find a way to integrate newer players even if it's just one a game. You have to find room in the side for Siggurddson (who we know is a good player) more often to find some form. You also have to start giving Sandro some opportunity somewhere given how impotent we look.

Massively fucked up today for me. Seemed like he was making a point and it backfired.