December 18, 2017, 08:56:11 PM

Author Topic: Are Everton headed for a relegation battle?  (Read 5916 times)

October 03, 2017, 01:59:49 PM
Reply #75

Toddacelli

The hysteria on here sometimes is ridiculous though. Nobody dies if we don't win

I do.

A little.

Inside.

Only to be reborn again midweek in time for the next match! COYB!

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

deCoubertin

October 03, 2017, 06:39:45 PM
Reply #76

themilkycoffees

I don't think we will go down, but we're far from being too good to go down. Current situation is dire, no real plan or shape and a worrying lack of effort from the players. 

October 04, 2017, 06:16:00 PM
Reply #77

Evertonian in NC

"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 04, 2017, 07:09:39 PM
Reply #78

SANA_DR0

I wouldnt mind if we did.. least we would have something to play for this season.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 20, 2017, 02:37:22 AM
Reply #79

Realist

Reviving this because we're dog shit

October 20, 2017, 04:43:16 AM
Reply #80

everton1952

October 20, 2017, 04:58:15 AM
Reply #81

Macca77

October 20, 2017, 04:58:37 AM
Reply #82

ally2

October 20, 2017, 05:00:07 AM
Reply #83

Coyb12

October 20, 2017, 05:05:06 AM
Reply #84

Mayor Farnum

Can't imagine the kind of prices other teams are going to asking us for their strikers in January.

October 20, 2017, 05:11:36 AM
Reply #85

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 20, 2017, 03:22:44 PM
Reply #86

everton1952

Relegation deniers think again. We all have opinions on this and  that but one thing overrides opinion and that is the mathematics of relegation. Nothing changes the fact that our target must be 40 points to avoid the drop. That means 8 wins and 8 draws from Sunday onwards. Call it 4 wins before and 4 wins after New Year. If we do get 4 wins before New Year that would constitute a recovery by our standards. If we don't get 4 wins before New Year then we face a hell of a relegation scrap afterwards. Surely Koeman is capable of scrapping us through to safety? The PL future of the club cannot be handed over to an unknown or an inexperienced coach. We might do  worse than keep Koeman until next May.

October 20, 2017, 03:38:28 PM
Reply #87

Redartin

Relegation deniers think again. We all have opinions on this and  that but one thing overrides opinion and that is the mathematics of relegation. Nothing changes the fact that our target must be 40 points to avoid the drop. That means 8 wins and 8 draws from Sunday onwards. Call it 4 wins before and 4 wins after New Year. If we do get 4 wins before New Year that would constitute a recovery by our standards. If we don't get 4 wins before New Year then we face a hell of a relegation scrap afterwards. Surely Koeman is capable of scrapping us through to safety? The PL future of the club cannot be handed over to an unknown or an inexperienced coach. We might do  worse than keep Koeman until next May.

I don't agree with your suggestion, but if YOU want to run with your theory why not fuck him out as soon as you get 40 points? why wait til May? or is it going to take to May to reach the 40?

October 20, 2017, 03:39:28 PM
Reply #88

Bluedylan

Bizarre logic. Koeman got us in this position, and you think he's the most viable candidate to sort things out? Based on what?

If we get a vaguely competent manager in soon, we'll fly up the table. We have loads of good players, and a better squad than most of the other squads, outside of the Top 6. Your commitment to Koeman borders on the delusional.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 20, 2017, 03:43:03 PM
Reply #89

BlueForYou

I am delusional, always have been

Hang in there, Ron

If not, here's to your delusional successor

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick