November 24, 2017, 10:04:42 AM

Author Topic: Are Everton headed for a relegation battle?  (Read 5459 times)

October 20, 2017, 03:43:26 PM
Reply #90

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
Nah. But Iím really quite bored of watching us. Even the good bits arenít that good at the moment.

deCoubertin

October 20, 2017, 04:23:11 PM
Reply #91

Lxxx

If at any stage you find yourself in a relegation position (which will probably be us on Sunday) you have to assume you're in a relegation fight. It'd be silly to think otherwise, until you start to climb the table.

October 20, 2017, 04:26:14 PM
Reply #92

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
A defeat against Arsenal and Leicester definitely puts us in one.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 20, 2017, 09:25:41 PM
Reply #93

everton1952

Bizarre logic. Koeman got us in this position, and you think he's the most viable candidate to sort things out? Based on what?

No, I am not delusional about Koeman, but I will counter your valid question with this. Who are the viable candidates you have in mind who you might offer a contract to? You can trot out a list of foreign managers that probably neither of us have a clue about, or you can list the few available British managers. Or you can as some have suggested, offer the salvation of our club to Unsworth with zero managerial experience perhaps on a temporary contract.  Any of these will be a step into the unknown. Maybe stay with nurse for fear of something worse? 

October 20, 2017, 09:30:22 PM
Reply #94

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 09:34:01 PM
Reply #95

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If at any stage you find yourself in a relegation position (which will probably be us on Sunday) you have to assume you're in a relegation fight. It'd be silly to think otherwise, until you start to climb the table.

That's how teams sleepwalk into trouble.

I don't think the goals tally lies either. If we can't score regularly then we're going to seriously struggle there is no two ways about it. The difference in recent years is that even when we were bad under Martinez I was confident with Lukaku up front we'd get goals (the things you need to win games, and turn 1 point into 3).

Now, we have nothing and that is more scary than having Martinez in charge to me.

I think we're going to have to change the manager but I think we're going to have to pay a shit ton for probably only a half decent striker come January in an attempt to course correct. The money we should've spent earlier to get a better calibre of player we'll probably waste (value wise) again this next window.

Unless we really sort out of scouting network.

October 20, 2017, 09:41:49 PM
Reply #96

Rodenplav64

We won't go down but we wouldn't have gone down under Martinez either . The point is we are in a battle to stay out of the relegation zone and that is not good enough given Koeman has had a shit load of backing so far and really has done nothing to deserve more in January . With or without the Cheesehead we will stay up . So much for all the expectations ..........................

October 20, 2017, 09:43:44 PM
Reply #97

Evertonian in NC

That's how teams sleepwalk into trouble.

I don't think the goals tally lies either. If we can't score regularly then we're going to seriously struggle there is no two ways about it. The difference in recent years is that even when we were bad under Martinez I was confident with Lukaku up front we'd get goals (the things you need to win games, and turn 1 point into 3).

Now, we have nothing and that is more scary than having Martinez in charge to me.

I think we're going to have to change the manager but I think we're going to have to pay a shit ton for probably only a half decent striker come January in an attempt to course correct. The money we should've spent earlier to get a better calibre of player we'll probably waste (value wise) again this next window.

Unless we really sort out of scouting network.

Without Big Rom, we definitely would have been in a relegation scrap when the wheels came off for Roberto.

Well, we are without Big Rom now, aren't we?  Ross as well.  Where are the random saving goals coming from?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 20, 2017, 09:51:12 PM
Reply #98

BlueForYou

Not Klaassen or Sandro

And not Mirallas or Lookman

Rooney and DCL, if we're lucky

Oumar, if we're very lucky
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 20, 2017, 09:55:00 PM
Reply #99

everton1952

Difficult to say where the goals will come from with only Rooney capable of an odd goal and DCL threatening occasionally.  If Koeman fails to get 4 wins before New Year then the trap door opens and we would have to bin him and maybe offer a short term contract to someone like Big Sam. How we would attract a couple of big players in January is beyond me; not for lack of money, but for lack of a credible manager.

October 21, 2017, 01:19:35 AM
Reply #100

nwatson

October 21, 2017, 01:25:42 AM
Reply #101

blue slug

We're right in the shit now as far as I'm concerned, the longer koeman stays the deeper the shit becomes imo

October 21, 2017, 01:35:40 AM
Reply #102

indiantoffee1975

Be a few more games before he is fired. Think we need to get to that 20 point mark before the turn of the year though otherwise we are in serious trouble.

October 21, 2017, 01:43:29 AM
Reply #103

American Evertonian

Difficult to say where the goals will come from with only Rooney capable of an odd goal and DCL threatening occasionally.

This is exactly what scares me. We look toothless in every match so far. Now it feels like every goal we score is a gift from God and borderline miraculous with our finishers on the pitch.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

October 21, 2017, 02:00:19 AM
Reply #104

eyesalwaysblue

we are better than nobody in the prem and what league the Cyprus FC Flip Flop lot would be in over here really should give perspective.
I still despise Clive Thomas..