November 23, 2017, 05:29:41 PM

Author Topic: Are Everton headed for a relegation battle?  (Read 5437 times)

October 29, 2017, 11:37:29 PM
Reply #150

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Most certainly yes

Simply simply lovely

deCoubertin

October 29, 2017, 11:52:11 PM
Reply #151

Robioto

We are in a relegation battle. Over a quarter of the season and in the bottom three, there is no other way to look at it.

October 29, 2017, 11:52:38 PM
Reply #152

Martip

Watford is now must win imo.

October 29, 2017, 11:52:58 PM
Reply #153

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Seems apparent now that it wasn't just a bad manager that put us in this position. It's such a monumental fuck up from the board and possibly Steve Walsh too.

Not strengthening in key areas (like LB) and most importantly not signing a half decent replacement for Lukaku could actually relegate our club.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 30, 2017, 12:00:15 AM
Reply #154

bluenuck

No idea how to put a tweet in here, but here's one from EFC Statto

#EFC's league record this season is W2 D2 L6. The last time they had that exact record after 10 games was 1950/51, when they got relegated.

October 30, 2017, 12:27:21 AM
Reply #155

terrydarracotsbaldpate

Seems apparent now that it wasn't just a bad manager that put us in this position. It's such a monumental fuck up from the board and possibly Steve Walsh too.

Not strengthening in key areas (like LB) and most importantly not signing a half decent replacement for Lukaku could actually relegate our club.
Luke Garbutt is looking good at the u23's

October 30, 2017, 12:32:59 AM
Reply #156

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Man I'm worried

We're gonna be there or thereabouts I think. At least there are lots of poor sides in the league

Us, Palace, Brighton, Bournemouth, West Ham , Swansea, Stoke, Huddersfield, West Brom

Realistically it's 3 of these that are going down. We need to sort things out quickly
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

October 30, 2017, 12:35:15 AM
Reply #157

BlueNoseMike

No idea how to put a tweet in here, but here's one from EFC Statto

#EFC's league record this season is W2 D2 L6. The last time they had that exact record after 10 games was 1950/51, when they got relegated.

Trying to be positive here but here is another stat. Everton have conceded 20 in their opening 10 league games. The most they've conceded since 94/95.

The last time we won anything. Come on you fucking blues

October 30, 2017, 12:39:04 AM
Reply #158

Mayor Farnum

At least we'll have something to play for in May for a change.

October 30, 2017, 12:39:30 AM
Reply #159

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think we'll be fine eventually but the reality of our situation right now is that we need a big upturn in form and performance.

October 30, 2017, 12:44:41 AM
Reply #160

Bluedylan

Even at this stage, we're 2 wins away from 8th. Far too early to panic. Ok, admittedly we haven't looked like winning games so 2 wins seems far away at the moment but still, I think we should keep perspective.

We need any sort of win and confidence boost in that Watford game and can still get things back on track.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

October 30, 2017, 12:45:05 AM
Reply #161

Heisenberg

The single worst summer I can ever remember. Including the one were we got nobody!

Walsh is about 75% to blame for this. Fucking shite

October 30, 2017, 12:46:47 AM
Reply #162

Lxxx

Luke Garbutt is looking good at the u23's

Not registered for the Premier League.

October 30, 2017, 12:48:25 AM
Reply #163

Lxxx

I think we'll be fine eventually but the reality of our situation right now is that we need a big upturn in form and performance.

I think we're in danger of being a bit too glib about things because we've not been in this situation for years. We're bang in it, we don't score goals, we don't keep clean sheets. We're no better than anyone else in the league. Time to start facing reality.

October 30, 2017, 12:49:09 AM
Reply #164

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
I think part of Unsworth's problem right now is he's tried to revert back to what he has seen work for us. Lennon, Mirallas etc. There's nothing wrong with that and it may well grind us out some results hopefully but he needs to find a way to integrate newer players even if it's just one a game. You have to find room in the side for Siggurddson (who we know is a good player) more often to find some form. You also have to start giving Sandro some opportunity somewhere given how impotent we look.