November 20, 2017, 03:51:15 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 9275 times)

November 03, 2017, 03:07:32 AM
Reply #240

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Was it even a necessary appointment in the first place at the time we made it? A new manager and a new DoF at the same time wasn't the greatest move, especially when the more senior appointment is a step up and the manager is a Hollywood name with a strong personality.

I suppose hindsight is a wonderful thing but when you run large businesses you need to be employing the best brains at the top of the tree to spot any potential issues before they arise. Knowing the historic issues that have arisen in English football with this structure it needs to be a very careful appointment.

Koeman has always worked with a DoF so donít see a way around that.

Plus his role will be beyond player recruitment.

deCoubertin

November 03, 2017, 03:11:46 AM
Reply #241

Lxxx

Koeman has always worked with a DoF so don’t see a way around that.

Plus his role will be beyond player recruitment.

My point was about Walsh. Was/is this role too big for him? Was it the right appointment at the wrong time? Something has gone horribly wrong somewhere and the blame can't be lay solely at any one individual.

November 03, 2017, 03:12:05 AM
Reply #242

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I need a Mane, a Pelle, a VVD and Vic the Brick.

Also looking at Evertonís squad over the last 15 years, Iím going to need a new Leighton, a new Seamus and finally a new Lukaku.

do you mean THE Wayne Rooney? Of course I would like to sign him and none of the above.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 03, 2017, 03:24:28 AM
Reply #243

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
My point was about Walsh. Was/is this role too big for him? Was it the right appointment at the wrong time? Something has gone horribly wrong somewhere and the blame can't be lay solely at any one individual.

Yes but you can always get two individuals who donít get on.

Maybe thereís an issue that BK is still doing the final negotiations.

If Sigurdsson has been done in a week (weíve probably lost £5m on league positions) surely weíd have had time to get after a back plan for Giroud etc.

Think it would be massively rash to get shut of both and be faced with a double change again.

I would have been much more confident if Monchi hadnít been emotionally blackmailed into to staying at Sevilla for another year though!

November 03, 2017, 03:32:54 AM
Reply #244

Lxxx

Yes but you can always get two individuals who don’t get on.

Maybe there’s an issue that BK is still doing the final negotiations.

If Sigurdsson has been done in a week (we’ve probably lost £5m on league positions) surely we’d have had time to get after a back plan for Giroud etc.

Think it would be massively rash to get shut of both and be faced with a double change again.

I would have been much more confident if Monchi hadn’t been emotionally blackmailed into to staying at Sevilla for another year though!

I agree, I think we need to look at how and why we buy players, which ironically is probably what Walsh's appointment was in part to do.

Anyway, onwards and upwards now. Hopefully.

November 03, 2017, 03:43:50 AM
Reply #245

Juanito

We have Southampton reject who is a right back having to play left back, no replacement for ageing Baines.

Williams was 12 million and now his legs have gone after a season.

Klaassen was 25 million and plays like an inhibited Scott Gemmil.

Sigurdsson for 45 million, need I say more.

No striker

Rooney as our highest earner who plays where he wants, gets drunk, breaks the law and walks back into the side because he is Wayne Rooney.

Walshís and Koemanís tenure at Everton is like a 7 year olds first go on Championship Manager.  Say what you like about Moyes but he would do a lot more with the money that these no marks. Yes, we have some good young player signed but Everton did that before him and we have a reputation for giving young kids a chance.

November 03, 2017, 03:54:35 AM
Reply #246

Lxxx

We have Southampton reject who is a right back having to play left back, no replacement for ageing Baines.

Williams was 12 million and now his legs have gone after a season.

Klaassen was 25 million and plays like an inhibited Scott Gemmil.

Sigurdsson for 45 million, need I say more.

No striker

Rooney as our highest earner who plays where he wants, gets drunk, breaks the law and walks back into the side because he is Wayne Rooney.

Walsh’s and Koeman’s tenure at Everton is like a 7 year olds first go on Championship Manager.  Say what you like about Moyes but he would do a lot more with the money that these no marks. Yes, we have some good young player signed but Everton did that before him and we have a reputation for giving young kids a chance.

To be fair with money comes the higher likelihood of making a mistake when you're buying more players at a higher level. Although I take your point that even so, the recruitment appears to have been done without much thought to how they will be integrated and into what system.

November 03, 2017, 04:09:58 AM
Reply #247

Ross

Heís been onto a loser from day one. His authority and position has been undermined from the start with the club employing a manager who some people were clearly in awe of and who they gave carte Blanche to from the very beginning. The relationship between the DoF and manager should be symbiotic but thatís near impossible with an egotist like Koeman when heís been given such free reign.

Thereís a reason Walsh is still around and Koeman isnít, the club know the facts and the dynamics of whatís gone on. Now theyíve thankfully came to their senses itís fresh start and Walsh should now be given the right backing and power to form a mutual respected relationship with the next manager when heís brought in, whoever he is or whatever his background.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

November 03, 2017, 04:23:38 AM
Reply #248

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
He's been onto a loser from day one. His authority and position has been undermined from the start with the club employing a manager who some people were clearly in awe of and who they gave carte Blanche to from the very beginning. The relationship between the DoF and manager should be symbiotic but that's near impossible with an egotist like Koeman when he's been given such free reign.

There's a reason Walsh is still around and Koeman isn't, the club know the facts and the dynamics of what's gone on. Now they've thankfully came to their senses it's fresh start and Walsh should now be given the right backing and power to form a mutual respected relationship with the next manager when he's brought in, whoever he is or whatever his background.
Yet koeman and Reed worked well.

Simply simply lovely

November 03, 2017, 04:33:48 AM
Reply #249

kramer0

Reed was there first. He had well-defined power.

Walsh? We barely know what he's been responsible for.

November 03, 2017, 04:35:36 AM
Reply #250

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber

They had their fair share of fallouts.

Reed wanted him sacked at one point.

November 03, 2017, 04:36:00 AM
Reply #251

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
They had their fair share of fallouts.

Reed wanted him sacked at one point.
True
They still worked tho

Simply simply lovely

November 03, 2017, 04:36:12 AM
Reply #252

Hawkandro

We have a striker that we spent money on but won't play. This season is maddening. Genuinely starting to think this is the season we go down.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 03, 2017, 04:36:39 AM
Reply #253

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Reed was there first. He had well-defined power.

Walsh? We barely know what he's been responsible for.
The thing with Walsh for me is.... Is he a dof or a scout?

Simply simply lovely

November 03, 2017, 04:37:02 AM
Reply #254

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We have a striker that we spent money on but won't play. This season is maddening. Genuinely starting to think this is the season we go down.
Who?

Simply simply lovely