September 26, 2018, 06:02:00 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 49308 times)

March 16, 2018, 06:12:02 AM
Reply #795

Jamokachi

He rejected us once, therefore not good enough now.

Behave.

March 16, 2018, 10:17:27 AM
Reply #796

Juanito

It's Wilshere ye melts

I'll lose my shit if we sign him

I'm not having Walcott too by the way

Who's next? Aaron fucking Ramsey?

Had a wiltshere Ham and egg baguette with mustard, so nice. I will call him Wiltshere.

Walcott is our best winger for me, has goals in him too and can play upfront.

Aaron Ramsey is a goal scoring central midfielder we all wanted Klaassen to be and at the prime of his career. He is playing alongside Ozil at the moment, see the player alongside the Welsh national team and he might appeal to you.

Piennar and Arteta are two players who were not doing so well at their previous clubs and ended up being pivotal for us and the way we played. I don’t agree with Walsh but see the logic in Wilshere and Walcott. 

March 16, 2018, 04:39:00 PM
Reply #797

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
 Walcott was an absolute no brainer for the price we paid.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

March 16, 2018, 06:07:23 PM
Reply #798

Lxxx

Walcott was an absolute no brainer for the price we paid.

True. The lad looks a level above with his movement and desire to get in the box and on the end of things. Imagine if that was the model we recruited against; mobile, quick, athletic. We can dream hey.

March 16, 2018, 06:11:35 PM
Reply #799

dazfrancis

The signing of Walcott was a bit meh and seem uninspired but he has shown to be a shrewd bit of business. You can tell he's has played at a higher level than the rest of the team for most of his career.

Maybe this is the area of the market we have identified will offer most value, similar to some Moyes gems, buying players who haven;t quite made it at the top level and rejuvenating their careers

March 16, 2018, 06:16:50 PM
Reply #800

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
When you consider Bolasie was close to 30 million with minimal end product as well. Amazed Arsenal let him go so cheap.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

March 21, 2018, 02:22:32 AM
Reply #801

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

March 21, 2018, 02:20:43 PM
Reply #802

Hawkandro

How will a change of DoF at this time affect the Summer window? It is already looking tough with the World Cup going on, and the change in the dates the window is now open. We really need to get this resolved ASAP.

Saying that, the story in the Echo is interesting; shifting policy towards younger players and looking at the South American markets? The footballing hipster in me is aroused...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 02:22:38 PM by Hawkandro »
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 21, 2018, 02:53:23 PM
Reply #803

Cereal Killer

How will a change of DoF at this time affect the Summer window? It is already looking tough with the World Cup going on, and the change in the dates the window is now open. We really need to get this resolved ASAP.

Saying that, the story in the Echo is interesting; shifting policy towards younger players and looking at the South American markets? The footballing hipster in me is aroused...

My extensive knowledge of football via FM informs me that South America is the only place to pick up a promising youngster without having to pay £20m+, so I'm in!  :woohoo:

March 21, 2018, 02:56:03 PM
Reply #804

Hawkandro

"The new Mauricio Salas"

SOLD.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 21, 2018, 03:04:43 PM
Reply #805

Cereal Killer

Any improvement on our previous South American players would be a start....

Stracq
Jo
Alcaraz
Castillo
Valencia
Rodrigo
Anderson
Rodriguez
Funes Mori

March 21, 2018, 10:20:49 PM
Reply #806

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
My extensive knowledge of football via FM informs me that South America is the only place to pick up a promising youngster without having to pay £20m+, so I'm in!  :woohoo:

Africa too. Untapped goldmine
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

March 21, 2018, 10:46:28 PM
Reply #807

Evertonian in NC

Africa too. Untapped goldmine

South America and Africa are where we can find creative diamonds.  That's what we lack.  Allardyce will want no part of that, thank fuck.

This also sounds like a regime that would value Lookman and Onyekuru, yeah?
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 21, 2018, 10:59:51 PM
Reply #808

Heisenberg

Stracq
Jo
Alcaraz
Castillo
Valencia
Rodrigo
Anderson
Rodriguez
Funes Mori

Was probably because I was younger. But I was beyond excited about rodrigo just because he was brazilian

March 22, 2018, 07:10:52 AM
Reply #809

Tony Clifton

Stracq
Jo
Alcaraz
Castillo
Valencia
Rodrigo
Anderson
Rodriguez
Funes Mori

Did you really have to go and make a compilation?!  I definitely won't sleep now!

I'll be honest and admit I warmed to a few of those...  well, ok, two - Stracq and Valencia.  Jury still out on RFM.  Still, a pretty miserable compilation tape isn't it?

Let's call it 'Viva Las Everton', or some such shit.  And then burn it.