November 17, 2018, 01:50:50 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 52133 times)

November 03, 2017, 01:06:04 PM
Reply #15

GrantyBoy78

Almost all of those players fall into the past it or not ready category. The rest: good but have barely shown it in an Everton shirt or not for ages. In goal is the only positioned day we’re fine; good, young number 1 with experienced back-up.

November 10, 2017, 12:31:59 AM
Reply #16

GrantyBoy78

I’m beginning to hate all these threads...because I genuinely want to start looking forward, however, every time we put in another shite performance or get linked with a fucking grim manager or have to choose a starting 11 from an average/disinterested/ageing/out-of-form/unbalanced squad...it all comes back to this.

Which is ultimately the fault of the board.

Who are in charge.

And will make the next load of decisions.

November 25, 2017, 03:51:48 PM
Reply #17

GrantyBoy78

The average chief scout gets paid £100k a year - we’re paying ours £1.2m. Because that’s all he is, a scout that fluked his way into a DoF job.

November 26, 2017, 08:57:18 PM
Reply #18

GrantyBoy78

I said 5 games into the season that this squad needs a complete overhaul. Not being smug, I’d obviously like to see us win, just obvious.

November 27, 2017, 03:46:00 PM
Reply #19

GrantyBoy78

Lete get this on the record

Ronald Koeman rubber stamped EVERY 1st team signing including Rooney

FACT - he said so himself

The only 2 things go direct at Walsh are -

He signed the players for the U23 development squad

He didn't sign the striker and left sided defender that Koeman mentioned a few times before the window shut that he wanted
Fact - the Head of Recruitment is ultimately responsible for all recruitment.

January 15, 2018, 02:08:52 AM
Reply #20

GrantyBoy78

Someone at the AGM asked if Garbutt was going to be added to the squad. That was a start - they should’ve asked why we haven’t signed a first-team ready LB and if not who is responsible when even Koeman asked for one in his press conferences.

February 25, 2018, 09:31:48 PM
Reply #21

GrantyBoy78

Keanes pony isn't he?

Wouldn't mind seeing him next to a good cb rather than a procession of past it fellas who need to retire and total walking disasters like, but very unconvinced.
Agree; for that fee you’d want him to be ‘the main bloke’ but it looks like we can only hope he grows into the ‘bloke next to the main bloke’.

March 15, 2018, 03:10:36 AM
Reply #22

GrantyBoy78

I’ve never really rated Wiltshire but he’s a had a really good season. I still think we need a unit in CM a la Wanyama, Pogba and Can but Wiltshire would give us what we’re lacking; someone to receive the ball to feet from our CBs, turn whilst holding off a challenge, then play it forward. He’s deceptively strong and doesn’t get pushed off the ball.