October 22, 2017, 12:38:31 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 2602 times)

October 02, 2017, 12:52:33 AM
Reply #30

Ravardo

Who told you that?

Just guessing like

deCoubertin

October 02, 2017, 12:53:38 AM
Reply #31

Azz

It's a no brainer surely.   The guy is a fraud.

October 02, 2017, 12:55:08 AM
Reply #32

Realist

October 02, 2017, 01:00:22 AM
Reply #33

Realist

Then you are a self delusional egotist.

But let's look at it logically

Are you complaining about the quality of the player, the fee or both?

Firstly the players - two are both established Prem players and international players, the third has just broken into the England side and is highly rated. Schneiderlin was excellent when he came in. Don't know what's up with him at the minute but he's not a bad player. Sigurdsson needs to play the number 10 role, not be out on the wing. Keane has the attributes to be a top draw centre half, he needs someone quick beside him.

The fees, as has been said before, are ridiculous but that is the climate we are in.

So, that leaves looking st players from abroad - how good is your scouting network? Do you know some players who you would take a punt on?

I'm complaining about the quality & the fees
Keane hasn't just "broken" into the England side at all, is he gonna be a regular from now on? No. You say he's highly rated - by who?

Infact I'd say I'm almost certain I could've done better with the money, we can throw Bolasie in too if you want? That gives me 128m for four players

October 02, 2017, 01:02:31 AM
Reply #34

dazfrancis

October 02, 2017, 01:16:30 AM
Reply #35

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I'm complaining about the quality & the fees
Keane hasn't just "broken" into the England side at all, is he gonna be a regular from now on? No. You say he's highly rated - by who?

Infact I'd say I'm almost certain I could've done better with the money, we can throw Bolasie in too if you want? That gives me 128m for four players

So he didn't play for England against Germany then? I must have imagined it. Quite a few pundits last year were talking about him highly on football shows and in newspaper or magazine collumns. Many saying he'd be at a big club in the not so distant future.

I thought you were just being flippant at first but if you genuinely think that you, Mr joe public, with no experience of anything regarding football transfer at the elite level, then that is hilarious.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 02, 2017, 01:29:18 AM
Reply #36

toffee_scot

We don't really know what Walsh's full remit is at the club. I understand that he and Koeman meet often to discuss transfer targets and the kind of players that the manager wants to work with for the Everton squad. With regards to the actual negotiations and trying to get the players to come in, it sounds like Kenwright is still very much involved especially as it was him that was involved in bringing Sigurdsson to Everton - a player that Koeman has wanted since he was Southampton manager.

Players like Keane, Pickford, Klaassen, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Rooney, Schneiderlin and Gana are meant to be very good, if the manager does not know what to do with these very good players (that he wanted) and get them to play well with their natural ability then something is seriously wrong on the coaching side.

October 02, 2017, 01:31:49 AM
Reply #37

Realist

So he didn't play for England against Germany then? I must have imagined it. Quite a few pundits last year were talking about him highly on football shows and in newspaper or magazine collumns. Many saying he'd be at a big club in the not so distant future.

I thought you were just being flippant at first but if you genuinely think that you, Mr joe public, with no experience of anything regarding football transfer at the elite level, then that is hilarious.

A friendly - in March? Has he played since? No, so he's hardly broken into the team has he?
Articles, columns blah blah blah - he'll never play for a big team - he's nowhere near good enough

And yes I was deadly serious - 128m to find 4 better players than Keane, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson & Bolasie?
No danger and I'd probably have change too

October 02, 2017, 01:37:46 AM
Reply #38

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I've got massive questions marks over the whole structure of the club at the moment

From boardroom to the Koeman/Walsh axis.

I'm kinda thinking it's been a massive mess since Moshiri come in tbh.

Not calling for his head or anything like that, but it's been a bit chaotic, hasn't it?

October 02, 2017, 01:49:57 AM
Reply #39

sirblue57

when i went to the match on Thursday, my mate said that i play better than Evertons players.. lol

i dont care on the value of the players. its all arbitrary.. its the players koeman wanted,
I disagree with the Walsh comments, but over all, Koeman said no to a few signings.. regardless Koeman is the one who works with the players, regardless who buys them.
Even if you bought better players, Koeman needs to fit them into a system that is productive.

Don't we need a system first?
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

October 02, 2017, 01:53:52 AM
Reply #40

eyesalwaysblue

That last Sky phone in was mad like, but someone said the Mosh was just trying to win a VW Polo and 25 grand but phoned the wrong pemium number, so he's sane as apparently.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 02, 2017, 01:57:35 AM
Reply #41

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
A friendly - in March? Has he played since? No, so he's hardly broken into the team has he?
Articles, columns blah blah blah - he'll never play for a big team - he's nowhere near good enough

And yes I was deadly serious - 128m to find 4 better players than Keane, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson & Bolasie?
No danger and I'd probably have change too

You know when you go blah blah blah? That's really petulant and you lose all credibility in any discussions that you enter into. You asked me who rated him, I told you where to look. If you want to debate properly do it. If not don't ask questions you either don't like the answers to or don't fit your agenda.

Again, if you think it's so easy To go and buy these superstars, chuck your CV into the club. I'm sure they'll be glad to get it. It's not an easy job though. I was doing a bit of transfer dealing in the summer to get a centre down from one of the Valley clubs to play for us. That was fucking hard work and we were only dealing with a budget of 10k.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 02, 2017, 02:04:16 AM
Reply #42

Realist

That last Sky phone in was mad like, but someone said the Mosh was just trying to win a VW Polo and 25 grand but phoned the wrong pemium number, so he's sane as apparently.

Eh?

October 02, 2017, 02:07:19 AM
Reply #43

Mayor Farnum

Does anyone know if Leicester replaced Walsh?

October 02, 2017, 02:07:40 AM
Reply #44

Realist

You know when you go blah blah blah? That's really petulant and you lose all credibility in any discussions that you enter into. You asked me who rated him, I told you where to look. If you want to debate properly do it. If not don't ask questions you either don't like the answers to or don't fit your agenda.

Again, if you think it's so easy To go and buy these superstars, chuck your CV into the club. I'm sure they'll be glad to get it. It's not an easy job though. I was doing a bit of transfer dealing in the summer to get a centre down from one of the Valley clubs to play for us. That was fucking hard work and we were only dealing with a budget of 10k.

I just meant it's just journalists, sports writers etc they're irrelevant really. I don't think I really lose credibility
But yeah I could've bought better players for less money