August 15, 2018, 09:57:05 PM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 46938 times)

October 02, 2017, 05:49:56 AM
Read 46938 times

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Lack of accountability in regards to the window I have to say.

The failure to 'replace' Lukaku is borderline insane.

That has to go down as a failure for everyone concerned.

November 26, 2017, 09:32:25 PM
Reply #1

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
You could fire him for the fact that we were put in a position that we're playing Kenny at LB today alone.

November 27, 2017, 06:34:08 AM
Reply #2

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I find it a bit odd this notion that Sigurdsson prevented us working on all these other transfers of importance. I mean, on a day to day basis what was involved in getting Sigurdsson in? All the hard work would’ve been done (you’d hope) by the first approach, after that it was a slow back and forth on price and waiting for Swansea to get a replacement in. It’s not like everyone is sat around a negotiating table 12 hrs a day incrementally upping the bid.

The only possible reason would’ve been had we had no other funds after the pursuit to buy in anyone else of note. In which case, again that decision was made early in the summer to spend money that way. That would be a troubling situation if so though.

Anyhow, there is no reason signing a striker, left back etc couldn’t have happened alongside Sigurdsson.

So then it becomes a matter of did they think they genuinely had enough without getting these players in? That seems to be the case via statements from Koeman. That they didn’t want to spend money on 4th or 5th choice or whatever names on their list.

November 29, 2017, 06:30:03 AM
Reply #3

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If we're to believe Walsh is backing Allardyce in, and that is the scope of DoF's ambition, and that's his footballing recommendation to Moshiri (who will need some guidance)...I'll say yes he should go, albeit in the summer.

December 08, 2017, 04:25:37 AM
Reply #4

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Payet, new 10 is still top of his list.... although someone should teach Walsh how to strike through....

No way Payet is coming back surely. Aside from other issues.

January 14, 2018, 01:56:12 AM
Reply #5

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not seeing any sort of plan. We need better.

January 21, 2018, 09:44:48 PM
Reply #6

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

February 04, 2018, 07:50:10 PM
Reply #7

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Williams and schniderlin both signed under him. Watch this. Absolute disgrace, they don't care

https://twitter.com/petesimon16efc/status/959860556474830854

Williams in fairness was watching the guy to his other side mostly off camera. Schneiderlin on the other hand has jogged around with that sort of enthusiasm for ages. To a certain extent I can forgive a lack of talent if someone is at least trying, but not trying is one of the most infuriating things to watch.

March 15, 2018, 05:22:26 AM
Reply #8

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Steve Walsh will urge Everton to make a move for Leicester's 31-year-old England striker Jamie Vardy this summer - if he stays on as director of football. (Liverpool Echo)

Seriously, I’d get rid of him for this suggestion alone. It shows how completely short sighted he’s being and beyond that deeply unimaginative.

Why would you pay what would be an inflated sum for a player whose game is based largely off pace when they’d be turning 32 in the middle of next season? It shows no respect for the money being spent.

He’s got to go.

March 15, 2018, 05:24:11 AM
Reply #9

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't be so sure. People were saying Jags was done 2 years ago, now he's our best defender.

Says more about our options really. Jagielka in fairness has been great, but you’d question his ability to be anything more than a reliable back up at this point.

March 27, 2018, 08:07:53 AM
Reply #10

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Not just the imbalance the lack of imagination in some areas. I mean if we’re crediting him with Rooney and Sigurdsson and saying they’ve done ok, well sure...they’re proven players and they’ll contribute...but were they/are they what we needed to progress into the top 6 as was the aim?

That said, I personally thought Sigurdsson and Rooney were more Koeman...but who know maybe it was just collective responsibility.

March 28, 2018, 03:40:04 AM
Reply #11

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
If he brings me Jamie vardy then all is forgiven.

It'd be more of the same. Will be 32 midway through next season, we'd give him a silly contract I presume. For a player that relies on pace...that's not a great idea. We've got to get the age of the incoming transfers way lower.

If he's doing his job, he'll find the next Vardy.