November 17, 2017, 11:51:23 PM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 8886 times)

October 02, 2017, 05:40:20 AM
Reply #75

Realist

Sack him for what? The poor guy is probable having to work with his hands tied behind his back while Koeman ruins the club.
There's 1 guy in charge of what's happening on the pitch and all hope of getting rid of him seems to have been removed tonight.
The board seem to be happy to kiss goodbye to our season hoping he can turn this shit around.

The "poor guy" has blew a fortune on shit players, he's responsible as is Koeman
They're also both responsible for not replacing Lukaku & not signing a back up / replacement for Baines
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 05:50:15 AM by Realist »

deCoubertin

October 02, 2017, 05:43:31 AM
Reply #76

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
The "poor guy" has blew a fortune on shit players, he's as responsible as Koeman is

They are not 'shit' players. They are underperforming players. There is a big difference
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 02, 2017, 05:44:52 AM
Reply #77

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Lack of accountability in regards to the window I have to say.

The failure to 'replace' Lukaku is borderline insane.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 02, 2017, 05:49:56 AM
Reply #78

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Lack of accountability in regards to the window I have to say.

The failure to 'replace' Lukaku is borderline insane.

That has to go down as a failure for everyone concerned.

October 02, 2017, 05:50:22 AM
Reply #79

D_murph0278

The "poor guy" has blew a fortune on shit players, he's as responsible as Koeman is

Hardly anyone he's bought is shit. We've just got no thought out system for any of them to perform in. That's the managers fault.
We were all fucking made up when we signed Pickford, Keane, Klassen, Sandro, and Rooney and with good reason. All the right age (bar rooney) and all had great seasons last season (bar rooney). Rooney made sense for experience in Europe and for the younger players.
Signing Sigurdsson created more problems for the team than we could ever have known, and we doubled that up by not replacing Lukaku. Add the lack of a system to no pace or width and Ashley Williams being picked every fucking week and there you have it. A big fat list of fuck ups, that Koeman is totally to blame for.

"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

October 02, 2017, 05:51:11 AM
Reply #80

Realist

They are not 'shit' players. They are underperforming players. There is a big difference

That's your opinion

October 02, 2017, 05:52:47 AM
Reply #81

nwatson

Moshiri given his full support

October 02, 2017, 06:02:40 AM
Reply #82

Realist

Hardly anyone he's bought is shit. We've just got no thought out system for any of them to perform in. That's the managers fault.
We were all fucking made up when we signed Pickford, Keane, Klassen, Sandro, and Rooney and with good reason. All the right age (bar rooney) and all had great seasons last season (bar rooney). Rooney made sense for experience in Europe and for the younger players.
Signing Sigurdsson created more problems for the team than we could ever have known, and we doubled that up by not replacing Lukaku. Add the lack of a system to no pace or width and Ashley Williams being picked every fucking week and there you have it. A big fat list of fuck ups, that Koeman is totally to blame for.

Hardly anyone he's signed is shit is debatable. Schneiderlin, Keane, Bolasie & Klaassen have a really long way to go to justify their hefty price tags (110 ish million!), Walsh was here when all those players arrived so he was involved in those deals

We were all made up because Everton have never made an early splash in the market like we did this time. That's the reason everyone was made up not because of who we signed like you've made out

How did signing Sigurdsson "create more problems than we could've known"?

You're clearly blaming Koeman over Lukaku, they knew months before that he was leaving so between them that was a colossal fuck up

I don't rate Walsh (or Koeman)

October 02, 2017, 06:07:48 AM
Reply #83

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
That's your opinion

Yes it is, but deep down you know they are not 'shit' players. You just like to be dramatic and deal in hyperbole quite a bit. If you genuinely think they are 'shit' then I can't wait to see the names you are going to buy for us when you get your new job. I hope you're thick skinned though

October 02, 2017, 06:20:01 AM
Reply #84

Realist

Yes it is, but deep down you know they are not 'shit' players. You just like to be dramatic and deal in hyperbole quite a bit. If you genuinely think they are 'shit' then I can't wait to see the names you are going to buy for us when you get your new job. I hope you're thick skinned though

Those are also just your opinions. We've established you like expressing your opinions
I'm expressing mine, sorry you don't like them 🤷🏻‍♂️

October 02, 2017, 06:20:16 AM
Reply #85

D_murph0278

Hardly anyone he's signed is shit is debatable. Schneiderlin, Keane, Bolasie & Klaassen have a really long way to go to justify their hefty price tags (110 ish million!), Walsh was here when all those players arrived so he was involved in those deals

We were all made up because Everton have never made an early splash in the market like we did this time. That's the reason everyone was made up not because of who we signed like you've made out

How did signing Sigurdsson "create more problems than we could've known"?

You're clearly blaming Koeman over Lukaku, they knew months before that he was leaving so between them that was a colossal fuck up

I don't rate Walsh (or Koeman)

Keane and Klassen have been here 5 minutes. Bolasie has had a major injury which might take another 6 months to get over and Scheiderlin does need to improve I agree, but we've certainly seen glimpses of his class especially at the tail end of last season. The fact that we've had inconsistent performances from him is because the manager is getting next to nothing out of him, like the majority of the team.

There's no way we were all made up just because we signed a lot of players early either. A fair few bigger clubs than everton were after the likes of Keane, Pickford and Sandro, so we knew were going for quality players with potential for plenty more years. Remember the agonising wait for us to sign Sandro on here? Over 100 + pages.... and all because he looked absolute class in Spain.

Chasing Sigurdsson for the best part of 2 months was ridiculous because after signing Klassen and Rooney, Koemans priority shouldve been making sure we had a presence up top to help the team and more notably Sandro and DCL through the season. Sigurdsson has now become a bit of a target due to his value and average performances. Koeman should've pulled the plug on the deal and realised we weren't desperate for another no.10. He doesn't answer to Walsh.... it's the other way around. Which is why the buck stops with him for no Lukaku replacement too and the general lack of quality performances, results and team spirit throughout this team.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

October 02, 2017, 06:21:03 AM
Reply #86

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
The "poor guy" has blew a fortune on shit players, he's responsible as is Koeman
They're also both responsible for not replacing Lukaku & not signing a back up / replacement for Baines
Do you think Chizzy got a fair chance on 'Strictly'  tonight? Only two appearances and then dropped and probably hasn't got a locker either. We've never replaced Rachel Riley up front and two windows have passed since then. That's where the fault lies.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

October 02, 2017, 06:32:01 AM
Reply #87

Realist

Keane and Klassen have been here 5 minutes. Bolasie has had a major injury which might take another 6 months to get over and Scheiderlin does need to improve I agree, but we've certainly seen glimpses of his class especially at the tail end of last season. The fact that we've had inconsistent performances from him is because the manager is getting next to nothing out of him, like the majority of the team.

There's no way we were all made up just because we signed a lot of players early either. A fair few bigger clubs than everton were after the likes of Keane, Pickford and Sandro, so we knew were going for quality players with potential for plenty more years. Remember the agonising wait for us to sign Sandro on here? Over 100 + pages.... and all because he looked absolute class in Spain.

Chasing Sigurdsson for the best part of 2 months was ridiculous because after signing Klassen and Rooney, Koemans priority shouldve been making sure we had a presence up top to help the team and more notably Sandro and DCL through the season. Sigurdsson has now become a bit of a target due to his value and average performances. Koeman should've pulled the plug on the deal and realised we weren't desperate for another no.10. He doesn't answer to Walsh.... it's the other way around. Which is why the buck stops with him for no Lukaku replacement too and the general lack of quality performances, results and team spirit throughout this team.

That was the sole reason people were excited because we looked like we meant business not because of who we were signing

Did Bolasie look like a 30m player before he got injured?

Schneiderlin is playing in his preferred position, your argument would work if we were talking about say Sigurdsson who is a CAM and is being shunted out to left mid, Schneiderlin is useless

Keane & Klaassen are not worth what we've bought them for, it's obvious, infact bookmark this thread and I guarantee I'll be proven right at the end of the season

Sandro is garbage don't get me started on him

You don't know who answers to who out of Koeman & Walsh - you're just assuming so the buck resting with him comment is based off an assumption

The Sigurdsson deal - I agree we maybe didn't need him or if we did then we shouldn't have bought Klassen, the need for a striker was greater than the need for Sigurdsson but did Koeman know that we still wouldn't buy a striker even after we signed Sigurdsson?

I also agree that the performances & spirit are Koemans issues but to say Walsh is the poor blameless guy in this mess is ludicrous

They're equally to blame for the state of the squad

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:07:37 AM by Realist »

October 02, 2017, 06:46:29 AM
Reply #88

gizzblue

Nuff said 😅

October 02, 2017, 06:47:48 AM
Reply #89

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Those are also just your opinions. We've established you like expressing your opinions
I'm expressing mine, sorry you don't like them 🤷🏻‍♂️

The difference being, when I express an opinion I usually do based on logic, reason and experience, and if I'm wrong I usually admit it - whereas you just like to make nouse and then hide behind the old 'it's my opinion, sorry if you don't like it.' Which is fine, but as I tell the kids an opinion is only valid with good and reasoned explanation, which I don't often see from you. Next time I'm up I'm going to make sure that I get to meet you. It would be fascinating to see the man behind the misery