November 21, 2017, 03:26:29 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 9386 times)

October 02, 2017, 06:53:04 AM
Reply #90

eyesalwaysblue

Wether players are good enough or not they didn't ask to be targeted by Everton, lack of shape,or not looking like there is a plan, the look of confusion generally as to what individual players are supposed to be doing within the team is all down to the manager,when it looks so easy for teams to move right through us with such ease is down to him there is just no redeeming features to this team, and there are some good players in there but they have a manager who dosen't know how to fix what he has caused.

I still despise Clive Thomas..

deCoubertin

October 02, 2017, 06:55:55 AM
Reply #91

Ridge

I don't think there is much wrong with the purchases individually or collectively from his position. Last season I'd think it's be likely Walsh was responsible for signing Lookman, DCL, Gueye, this season I'd only say Onyekuru, but maybe Pickford or Keane, maybe identified Sandro, but Koeman certainly did the romancing if memory serves me correct. I think Rooney would have been unanimous, I look at Sigurdsson as more of a manager buy, given the eventual outlay, but think both probably wanted him.

There has been oversight in terms of the requirements. Our 2 main objectives in summer surely must have been replacing the 2 players who got the most goals and assists for us, 2 most central players to how we attacked. I think on paper we signed players who got more goals and assists last season, there just doesn't seem any logic about who is supposed to be doing what or how they fit together. That's more to do with the coaches domain, in terms of requesting certain types of players. We got virtually all the players we wanted and could get. If the manager was that worried about where the goals will come from, he had opportunity to make that a priority.

From our summer midfield signings, it's only really Vlasic who looks capable of running at opponents with the ball, think he'll become more central to our play because of necessity. But I also like DCL and I think he's been unlucky to not score a few and the supply has been pretty poor, compared to the level of service we gave Lukaku last year. I understand the logic in surrounding a striker with goal scoring midfielders, but we don't have the same presence up front, and I noticed increase in just aimless selfish hopeful shots from range. Whether it's desperation, lack of options or players competing against each other rather than working together, it's not a good habit.

In a world of Kevin Mirallas', Niasse is king.  :whistle:

But I think Walsh's remit is more about identifying players and making sure the business makes financial sense. It was Koeman's prerogative about what types of players he wanted, the priorities for the first team and how it fits together.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:00:00 AM by Ridge »

October 02, 2017, 06:58:57 AM
Reply #92

Realist

The difference being, when I express an opinion I usually do based on logic, reason and experience, and if I'm wrong I usually admit it - whereas you just like to make nouse and then hide behind the old 'it's my opinion, sorry if you don't like it.' Which is fine, but as I tell the kids an opinion is only valid with good and reasoned explanation, which I don't often see from you. Next time I'm up I'm going to make sure that I get to meet you. It would be fascinating to see the man behind the misery

I think I've explained my opinions pretty thoroughly to be fair, not really sure what else you'd like?

October 02, 2017, 06:59:55 AM
Reply #93

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
I think I've explained my opinions pretty thoroughly to be fair, not really sure what else you'd like?

Well if the term 'shit' is now the benchmark for thoroughly then yes you have. 
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

October 02, 2017, 07:04:01 AM
Reply #94

Realist

Well if the term 'shit' is now the benchmark for thoroughly then yes you have.

We're going around in circles here Mr. Brown - I'm off to bed, have a nice night 👍

October 02, 2017, 07:04:46 AM
Reply #95

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
We're going around in circles here Mr. Brown - I'm off to bed, have a nice night 👍

Raising the white flag are we? 😉

October 02, 2017, 07:11:10 AM
Reply #96

Realist

Raising the white flag are we? 😉

Not really mate you've offered nothing in the way of an argument against anything I've said, just "they're not shit they're just underperforming"

I'm just bored & tired so I'm off to bed. Night mate 🛏

October 02, 2017, 07:17:28 AM
Reply #97

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
Not really mate you've offered nothing in the way of an argument against anything I've said, just "they're not shit they're just underperforming"

I'm just bored & tired so I'm off to bed. Night mate 🛏

It was just a joke

October 02, 2017, 07:29:12 AM
Reply #98

Ravardo

Thinking about all the players weve signed and vlasic seems to be one of the best of the bunch so far,,a player which came from a team

we played twice in quick succession so absolutely fuck all to do with walsh or koeman....shame we never played atalanta first as their

winger gomez looks really good with 16 goals and 91 chances created last year and 3 goals and 21 chances created so far this year

our ross last year scored 5 and created 82 chances

October 02, 2017, 07:46:30 AM
Reply #99

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
The difference being, when I express an opinion I usually do based on logic, reason and experience, and if I'm wrong I usually admit it - whereas you just like to make nouse and then hide behind the old 'it's my opinion, sorry if you don't like it.' Which is fine, but as I tell the kids an opinion is only valid with good and reasoned explanation, which I don't often see from you. Next time I'm up I'm going to make sure that I get to meet you. It would be fascinating to see the man behind the misery

This might help - usually in Lower Gwladys but does tend to blend in with the croed

« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:48:10 AM by Shropshire Blue »
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

October 02, 2017, 07:55:18 AM
Reply #100

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
This might help - usually in Lower Gwladys but does tend to blend in with the croed

Looks like most of the women from the Rhondda valleys

October 02, 2017, 01:25:30 PM
Reply #101

KoemansNumberTens

Not blaming Walsh cos I think they might be koeman signings but Sigurdsson is a dreadful buy at the price and we overpaid on Pickford and Keane too. The market is inflated but we still paid too much

October 02, 2017, 02:26:25 PM
Reply #102

sirblue57

Ok so we got rid of players like Cleverly, Barry, Kone, Deulofeo and McGeady and brought in Pickford, Keane, Rooney, Ramirez, Sigurdsson, Vlasic and Onyekuru for what is not a massive net spend.

I would say that the state of the team is massively improved and money well spent largely on youth with great potential futures and a couple of established star performers in the premier League. Massive improvement.

I do not include Lukaku in this and neither should you because Lukaku was not a 'decision' to get rid of - otherwise he would still be here - the fact of the matter was we simply could not hold on to Lukaku any longer and that was no-one's fault.

The 'state of the team' as you put it - is I think the responsibility of the manager - not Walsh.

So considering he has improved personnel (unless you want to swap and get Cleverly and the others back instead?) and have not spent loads (according to some posters on here - me I don't give a shit it's all Monopoly money at this stage) - tell me how you think he's done?

Good points apart from the obvious...we knew Lukaku was going, so why was that position not the highest priority? Why spend so much time and effort on siggurdson?

This is a major failing. Whoever made that decision should take the responsibility for it.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

October 02, 2017, 02:56:18 PM
Reply #103

GrantyBoy78

Hardly anyone he's bought is shit. We've just got no thought out system for any of them to perform in. That's the managers fault.
We were all fucking made up when we signed Pickford, Keane, Klassen, Sandro, and Rooney and with good reason. All the right age (bar rooney) and all had great seasons last season (bar rooney). Rooney made sense for experience in Europe and for the younger players.
Signing Sigurdsson created more problems for the team than we could ever have known, and we doubled that up by not replacing Lukaku. Add the lack of a system to no pace or width and Ashley Williams being picked every fucking week and there you have it. A big fat list of fuck ups, that Koeman is totally to blame for.
...or the manager had a system planned but the head of recruitment didnít buy him the players he needed to implement it

October 02, 2017, 02:58:38 PM
Reply #104

sirblue57

...or the manager had a system planned but the head of recruitment didnít buy him the players he needed to implement it

Can you see ANY evidence of a system?
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.