December 11, 2018, 06:21:13 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 53306 times)

October 27, 2017, 08:23:07 PM
Read 53306 times

formerKHL

I think Walsh has got a major problem on his hands with Koeman going...
He's obviously been tasked with finding a striker....problem is not who he buys so much as will the new manager like/want whomsoever he ends up buying...

could end up with egg on his chin big time here......spends 40/50 million on X and the new guy wants Y......

on the flip side signing a striker in January could indicate that a new manager is imminent...

October 27, 2017, 09:02:00 PM
Reply #1

formerKHL

haven't you ever heard that before ?

over here in Yorkshire they say..."end up wi'egg under t'hat..."

January 23, 2018, 07:17:36 PM
Reply #2

formerKHL

for me the manager stands and falls by his team selections...

so he should choose and buy the players he wants...

why do we/any club need a DOF ? hardly any of them have worked out/been a success......

put the manager in charge and let him stand or fall by his own decisions....

January 23, 2018, 07:23:55 PM
Reply #3

formerKHL

I fancy a @kramer0 dossier on who we should replace Walsh with

1. The new manager

January 23, 2018, 09:39:21 PM
Reply #4

formerKHL

Fuck no. Not enough time in the day for that anymore. Managers need to focus on coaching the team. Plus, when the manager runs the show, the club loses everything when he goes.

We're still reeling from the transfer team Moyes built being torn down by Martinez/Reeves.

always and every time for me.......football has survived without these people for over 100 years.....
some smart ass brings one in and "its the way forward..." yet no one knows exactly what they do......what's the selection criteria when appointing one...anyone know?

February 07, 2018, 04:18:19 PM
Reply #5

formerKHL

Me personally after working in and around many clubs do not get this position of DOF.....

why do we/anyone need a DOF....

like ive said before I don't know one in any club that's worked out in this country...

February 07, 2018, 04:35:23 PM
Reply #6

formerKHL

Manchester City
Chelsea
Arsenal - Head of Recruitment (similar)

theres 3

Guardiola has final say on all transfers....I know this for a fact...
I would of accepted Chelsea however, I also know that all transfers are finalised initially by the conte at the moment although this has now become a bit precarious hence the friction in the club...
and everyone knows wenger has final say on players transfers....

so although I agree there's people in situ...do they actually have the final say?...like I've said most DOF's I know/know of seem to have more of a say around the youth set up/academies....and "manage" the scouting system......however, don't have the final say..so to speak....

February 07, 2018, 10:00:38 PM
Reply #7

formerKHL

Les Reed is a great example how you work through football at every level, learn the job from top to bottom then secure yourself at executive level....

He was a great visionary at the FA who took a back seat on most things he implemented and allowed others to take the credit..

most of the managers he worked with he led them by example...he set the tone and led the way....

some of his seminars were great visionary examples of how to move the game forward.....