November 21, 2017, 01:32:13 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 9375 times)

October 29, 2017, 12:09:10 AM
Reply #180

Ravardo

He wouldnt have been signed for his goals, his record in general shows that

1 Goal in 12 and no assists this year,,last year 6 goals no assists..... we wernt buying him for his assists either i gather

deCoubertin

October 29, 2017, 12:24:26 AM
Reply #181

Mayor Farnum

So the question to follow on would be, just how much of negotiating is Steve Walsh responsible for.

If he identifies the individual, conducts some due diligence on the quality of his data, who is responsible for getting the negotiations over the line.

Because if they are shit, and I am specifically looking at Kenwright and his team, Steve has no control over that.

We have no doubt all had incompetent bosses who no matter the quality of info you give them still fuck it up. And IF Steve is in the same position, then I feel for him.

Surely a major part of Walsh's job is to indicate what is a fair price for the players he identifies.

October 29, 2017, 01:28:54 AM
Reply #182

Toddacelli

Stay out of the who should we go for thread. Theyíre talking about fighting Katie Price for some reason.

Brilliant.

It has gone a bit 'my dad's bigger than your dad' in there, weirdly.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 29, 2017, 01:54:14 AM
Reply #183

Ridge

Walsh has bought some very good players and we certainly have some youngsters who can go all the way. My issues with him are:

1. Allowed too much turnover of playing staff
2. Hasnít addressed glaring issues such as striker and LB
3. Hasnít signed a low profile Ďwho the fuck is he? Oh, heís really fucking good!í player from abroad - whereís the scouting genius?

As much as not getting a striker grabs the headlines, itís only having one LB at the club which really pisses me off. Itís bordering on gross negligence. And itís not like weíre short of money? If Walsh canít find a young LB that can share Bainesí workload with a view to establishing himself as a starter, then whyís he here?

1. That's more Koeman. He probably wanted Niasse, McCarthy, Barkley sold as well and is complaining about not getting others. Koeman didn't have to change entire first team, we only sold a couple of key first team players, yet he played 7-8 new ones each game.
2. We have more options than last year in those places, Lukaku was always going to be difficult to replace. DCL, Sandro, Niasse and Rooney offer strength in numbers and options. We were never going to be able to find a like for like replacement for Lukaku, there isn't one. Garbutt might be a decent left back given a chance and we only signed Lewis Gibson few months back.
3. Most hadn't heard much about Sandro. Nobody really noticed Vlasic, even when he played against us. Lookman was not someone I was aware of. Onyekuru was someone I knew was highly rated, but a fair bit obscure.

I thought first summer we didn't actually get that many of the type of exciting young player you wanted, Sambou in under 23s. But this year I thought we definitely did. DCL, Lookman in January, Vlasic, Sandro, Pickford, Klaassen, Keane, Onyekuru in summer. Then we also added 5 more players to under 23s, Adeniran, Bowler, Gibson, Mathis, Markelo.

At Leicester it wasn't overnight that Mahrez, Vardy were success stories, it takes time to settle and talent to emerge. Walsh is able to attract young talented players from higher up the chain, but whether he is right on some or wrong on them all, we'll have to see.

Just think a lot of the players need to be thought of as not finished article, but with potential to grow into. This summer I think there is a lot of that, it's just not reached the surface yet, and that's to be expected initially. But Vlasic, Pickford look ready and I think we'll start to see others coming through over the season and some further in future than that. Onyekuru for example will probably need next season to settle and adjust, so probably looking 2 seasons down the line before performances justify faith and expectations.

October 29, 2017, 01:54:54 PM
Reply #184

Buck76

I know it comes from the sun but if itís true Walsh wants Allardyce then Sack him IMMEDIATELY!... at least Moshie seems to have the right idea with Silva & Tuchel, if unsies not ready.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/10/29/report-steve-walsh-wants-everton-to-appoint-allardyce-and-shakes/
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 02:01:16 PM by Buck76 »

October 29, 2017, 01:58:27 PM
Reply #185

Lxxx

Me thinks someone is putting two and two together there and getting some random shit.

October 29, 2017, 02:10:05 PM
Reply #186

Buck76

Me thinks someone is putting two and two together there and getting some random shit.

Hope so for his sake, he needs to set the record straight thou and stop hiding away like a propa soft shite. Director of Football wedge and hasnít said a fuckin word.

October 29, 2017, 03:09:38 PM
Reply #187

Lxxx

Hope so for his sake, he needs to set the record straight thou and stop hiding away like a propa soft shite. Director of Football wedge and hasnít said a fuckin word.

What would you like him to say?

October 29, 2017, 03:57:03 PM
Reply #188

Hesmenos

I know it comes from the sun but if itís true Walsh wants Allardyce then Sack him IMMEDIATELY!... at least Moshie seems to have the right idea with Silva & Tuchel, if unsies not ready.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/10/29/report-steve-walsh-wants-everton-to-appoint-allardyce-and-shakes/

I know this won't be a popular opinion, but if we can't find the manager we want now, then I wouldn't mind Allardyce until the end of the season. It won't be pretty to watch but he will get us a top half finish. Then in the summer there will be a lot more managers for us to choose from. I'd rather we wait till the summer and get the next manager right than make do with a Dyche type now just because he is what's available.

October 29, 2017, 03:58:59 PM
Reply #189

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I know this won't be a popular opinion, but if we can't find the manager we want now, then I wouldn't mind Allardyce until the end of the season. It won't be pretty to watch but he will get us a top half finish. Then in the summer there will be a lot more managers for us to choose from. I'd rather we wait till the summer and get the next manager right than make do with a Dyche type now just because he is what's available.
I've backed him at 12/1

I can see unsworth staying I'm charge for 6 games, we will win some and lose some and still be around the bottom 6 and moshiri will brick it and go for Allardyce

Simply simply lovely

October 29, 2017, 04:10:13 PM
Reply #190

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
We donít have a forward to lump it to so his standard formula wouldnít work anyway.

October 29, 2017, 04:13:16 PM
Reply #191

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We don't have a forward to lump it to so his standard formula wouldn't work anyway.
First signing in January

Simply simply lovely

October 29, 2017, 04:16:38 PM
Reply #192

Hesmenos

Is Carlton Cole no longer available?

October 29, 2017, 09:46:34 PM
Reply #193

Buck76

What would you like him to say?

Explain the transfer master plan, the Italian task force achievements....

October 29, 2017, 09:47:49 PM
Reply #194

Lxxx

Explain the transfer master plan, the Italian task force achievements....

Why should he have to? He'll explain that to the people who pay his wages.