November 18, 2017, 08:55:35 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 8923 times)

October 29, 2017, 10:45:38 PM
Reply #195

Buck76

Why should he have to? He'll explain that to the people who pay his wages.

Nah ya right, why should he have to explain himself! DOF must be a Banker/Politician role then, my bad.

deCoubertin

October 29, 2017, 11:53:44 PM
Reply #196

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yes.

Everyone involved in that shambolic summer should be gone

October 30, 2017, 03:53:38 AM
Reply #197

GrantyBoy78

Yes.

Which one? We had two, donít forget.

October 30, 2017, 04:00:59 AM
Reply #198

KoemansNumberTens

Yes.

If he had any real say in the building of that first team squad he should go. The 3 10s and the massive holes at left back and striker are just unacceptable. i can understand getting it wrong and signing a bad player. An idiot knows you need a striker though. An idiot knows we need at least cover at left back. I'm genuinely not sure what they were thinking. Its unexplainable. 100 times worse than what Spurs did with the bale money. Least they signed players for the positions they actually needed. We'd still be fucked if our signings were individual successes

October 30, 2017, 04:48:54 AM
Reply #199

Stumpy

Without a shadow of doubt he should be sacked.To be left with the pathetic powder puff strikers that we have is a fucking disgrace.None of the crap that we have leading our line would get in any other premiership team.It's beyond belief that this is the best that him and koeman could do,the level of ineptness is fucking staggering.God help the guy that gets the job full time because whoever it is stuck with this dross until Janruary.I'm scared whitless and there's nobody to blame other than them two clowns.For the first time in decades we have had real money to spend,and we've pissed it away.

October 30, 2017, 05:28:13 AM
Reply #200

Hawkandro

What really fucking winds me up is; we signed 3 No.10s yet we are the least creative football team I think I have ever witnessed. Absolutely pathetic standard of football on offer today. I was happy to give Walsh the benefit of the doubt, but the more I think about it, the more I think he should fall on his sword like Koeman has.

To not address the massive holes in the squad is not just footballing suicide, it is an actual dereliction of duty.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 30, 2017, 06:04:28 AM
Reply #201

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yes.

For the squad to be in the shape that it is - if I left my company looking at a key trading period as woefully under armed I would be sacked I think.

Borderline negligent, amateur-hour stuff.

Get a real stats dept, get someone who trusts that kind of work, get a real DOF and lets set out from day one what everyone does and why...we shouldn't be sat here saying who did that who did this why sign him where was the blah blah - unreal that it was allowed.

Tell you what this root and branch analysis I've heard Moshiri wants to conduct better involve a hefty bit of introspection.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 30, 2017, 06:09:34 AM
Reply #202

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
There is also the rumour that the only signings that were 100% start to finish from Walsh were Vlasic, Sandro and Onyekuru. Apparently all the rest were from Koemans list.

Could be complete bollocks, but them 3 signings in particular do seem to stand out from all the rest.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

October 30, 2017, 01:56:04 PM
Reply #203

Waltzer

I think we need to sack whoever decided our 2nd 3rd and 4th choice strikers were too expensive, even if we had to pay twice what they were worth it would look like money well invested at the moment.

The biggest worry for me is that everyone could see the writing on the wall in the summer, unless we replaced Rom we were going to struggle for goals, yet our board allowed this to happen. In my lifetime of watching Everton this almost ranks up there with Kings Dock with regards to mismanagement at the top, we were on the crest of a wave and this decision could relegate us.

October 30, 2017, 02:14:40 PM
Reply #204

Faceatthefence

There is also the rumour that the only signings that were 100% start to finish from Walsh were Vlasic, Sandro and Onyekuru. Apparently all the rest were from Koemans list.

Could be complete bollocks, but them 3 signings in particular do seem to stand out from all the rest.
Moshiri live on sky was telling jim shite the same thing or as good as,stating that the signings were RK,s.
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

October 30, 2017, 02:22:58 PM
Reply #205

Heisenberg

It's not even the Failure to replace tom. We all knew that was impossible. But to not even attempt to get a body in, even a yard dog is unforgIveable. I don't even recognise any of the players we have a strikers. They're all variations of attacking mids

October 30, 2017, 02:28:01 PM
Reply #206

Trowel

I got the impression our failed move for Kolasinac was also driven by Walsh (see, we did try to replace Baines!), and he's done alright with Arsenal.
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

October 30, 2017, 02:35:44 PM
Reply #207

Waltzer

Moshiri live on sky was telling jim shite the same thing or as good as,stating that the signings were RK,s.

Well this confuses me even more then and is arguably even more worrying, what does Walsh do? The DoF should oversea all recruitment and have overall sign off, yes that should be done in collaboration with the manager but in what system would you have one person signing a certain amount of players and another doing what he likes?

Ill tell you where, Everton, and look where we are......

October 30, 2017, 02:37:00 PM
Reply #208

Makis

I got the impression our failed move for Kolasinac was also driven by Walsh (see, we did try to replace Baines!), and he's done alright with Arsenal.
Kolasinac agreed to sign with Arsenal way before the window even opened so he had enough time to identify another target.

October 30, 2017, 02:39:47 PM
Reply #209

BlueBeagle

Stand out in what way?