September 25, 2018, 07:56:33 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 49232 times)

November 26, 2017, 09:31:04 PM
Reply #360

Lxxx

The thing is we don't actually KNOW anything about who is doing what. Plenty are surmising and using rumours, anecdotes and their own views to come up with their own theories.

I think it's pretty safe to assume everyone, to a man, is having a mare in their own respective roles at the minute. Whatever and whoever they may be.

November 26, 2017, 09:32:25 PM
Reply #361

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
You could fire him for the fact that we were put in a position that we're playing Kenny at LB today alone.

November 26, 2017, 09:33:51 PM
Reply #362

Mayor Farnum

He may feel undermined himself. He's not been mentioned in the interim manager period and had been passed over for a youth team coach and a club ambassador.

November 26, 2017, 09:37:09 PM
Reply #363

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I think it's pretty safe to assume everyone, to a man, is having a mare in their own respective roles at the minute. Whatever and whoever they may be.

It's as if there's a curse on us
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

November 26, 2017, 09:38:30 PM
Reply #364

Lxxx

Asked about his role, Walsh seized the opportunity to champion his credentials, saying: 'You would have to be daft to think I wasn't brought in for my recruiting talents. I'll spend money as it was my own. I won't waste it.'

Just let that sink in.

November 26, 2017, 10:52:24 PM
Reply #365

Heisenberg

The man is a fraud. There is no way in 100 million years he would have been appointed if leicester didn't have that fluke season with all their players playing to 100%. His appointment indicates everything wrong with Everton. Just a terribly run football club with no idea what they're doing. Will continue signing/employing the prems flavour of the month whether it be players/managers/dofs. To me I honestly believed Moyes saved everton. If we went down before Moshiri we would never have came back up. Luckily we have the money at least now to come back up if we go down. We need rid of the lot of them. Elstone, kenwright, walsh. Anyone who isn't Moshiri because they bring f-all to the club

November 26, 2017, 10:54:07 PM
Reply #366

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
We are massively reactive instead of being proactive.

Oh look what Walsh did let's get him.
Oh look what koeman did, let's get him

Simply simply lovely

November 27, 2017, 12:00:01 AM
Reply #367

Lxxx

We are massively reactive instead of being proactive.

Oh look what Walsh did let's get him.
Oh look what koeman did, let's get him

Well it is both their faults, and others, that we're in this mess. It's perfectly acceptable and understandable to hang everyone at that football club out to dry at the minute, as we're a total mess from top to bottom. No-one is coming out of the current situation with any credit.

November 27, 2017, 12:01:39 AM
Reply #368

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Reckon he could do a job up front in place of DCL?
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

November 27, 2017, 12:01:50 AM
Reply #369

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Well it is both their faults, and others, that we're in this mess. It's perfectly acceptable and understandable to hang everyone at that football club out to dry at the minute, as we're a total mess from top to bottom. No-one is coming out of the current situation with any credit.
Agreed
Simply simply lovely

November 27, 2017, 04:54:09 AM
Reply #370

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Our problems all stem down to the recruitment in the summer, particularly the chase of Sigurdsson.

We boxed off a lot of positions that needed to be strengthened early in the summer. Keeper, centre half, attacking midfield, as well as adding Wayne Rooney.

We then sold Lukaku for 70 mil which is when Walsh, Koeman and Moshiri should've took stock and made sure we weren't left short in any areas.

This is where we pandered to Koemans ego and chased a player we didn't need purely to satisfy a man who had no long term vision of the club.

Instead of chasing Sigurdsson we should've made signing a striker, a left back and another centre half the priority.

No one wanted to stand up to Koeman and say this obsession with Sigurdsson was costing the team in other vital areas. Walsh just seemed to let it all happen, whilst Moshiri saw an opportunity to make a 'statement' by throwing 45mil at a player who was really worth just over half that amount.

It left us with no back up left back to a 32 year old who's on a rapid decline, Ashley Williams still being a main starter, and no one to play upfront having to rely on DCL who's clearly out of his depth at this stage in his career.

It's negligence of the highest order and the director of football who overseas player recruitment has to take responsibility and fall on his sword.

November 27, 2017, 06:15:12 AM
Reply #371

Dr. Sponge

Yeah he should be sacked.

This transfer window started well and we were all made up, but were all saying, on here - BUT... we still need 'x, y and z'. So if we could see it, then how could the DoF not see it? Piss poor judgement of the squad.

If we're going for the DoF approach, we should have our former players/managers in that role, as should any club.

November 27, 2017, 06:34:08 AM
Reply #372

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I find it a bit odd this notion that Sigurdsson prevented us working on all these other transfers of importance. I mean, on a day to day basis what was involved in getting Sigurdsson in? All the hard work would’ve been done (you’d hope) by the first approach, after that it was a slow back and forth on price and waiting for Swansea to get a replacement in. It’s not like everyone is sat around a negotiating table 12 hrs a day incrementally upping the bid.

The only possible reason would’ve been had we had no other funds after the pursuit to buy in anyone else of note. In which case, again that decision was made early in the summer to spend money that way. That would be a troubling situation if so though.

Anyhow, there is no reason signing a striker, left back etc couldn’t have happened alongside Sigurdsson.

So then it becomes a matter of did they think they genuinely had enough without getting these players in? That seems to be the case via statements from Koeman. That they didn’t want to spend money on 4th or 5th choice or whatever names on their list.

November 27, 2017, 06:45:28 AM
Reply #373

Tony Clifton

"We missed Oumar"  Who would have thought we'd ever hear that?  And miss him we did.  But we shouldn't.

This club is a fucking bad joke right now, and it just feels like us fans - and David Unsworth - are the punchline.

November 27, 2017, 02:07:17 PM
Reply #374

Hawkandro

Our problems all stem down to the recruitment in the summer, particularly the chase of Sigurdsson.

We boxed off a lot of positions that needed to be strengthened early in the summer. Keeper, centre half, attacking midfield, as well as adding Wayne Rooney.

We then sold Lukaku for 70 mil which is when Walsh, Koeman and Moshiri should've took stock and made sure we weren't left short in any areas.

This is where we pandered to Koemans ego and chased a player we didn't need purely to satisfy a man who had no long term vision of the club.

Instead of chasing Sigurdsson we should've made signing a striker, a left back and another centre half the priority.

No one wanted to stand up to Koeman and say this obsession with Sigurdsson was costing the team in other vital areas. Walsh just seemed to let it all happen, whilst Moshiri saw an opportunity to make a 'statement' by throwing 45mil at a player who was really worth just over half that amount.

It left us with no back up left back to a 32 year old who's on a rapid decline, Ashley Williams still being a main starter, and no one to play upfront having to rely on DCL who's clearly out of his depth at this stage in his career.

It's negligence of the highest order and the director of football who overseas player recruitment has to take responsibility and fall on his sword.

I agree 100% with this post and your POV here Ram.

To add to it, I believe Koeman caused an issue as well, in as much as they had targeted other players in the event of Giroud turning us down, and Koeman nixed all the deals saying he believed they didn't represent value for money. Two playing in Serie A (Zapata and Boubacar maybe?) and one in the Championship (Zohore).
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.