December 12, 2018, 09:06:24 PM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 53495 times)

December 02, 2017, 05:45:00 AM
Reply #390

Ross

Martinez was looking at Will Hughes but never had the financial backing like Walsh/Koeman to gamble.

Similarly with Pickford.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 02, 2017, 05:46:11 AM
Reply #391

Thomas

Martinez was looking at Will Hughes but never had the financial backing like Walsh/Koeman to gamble.

Similarly with Pickford.

8m quid though pal? Or where Derby playing more hardball then?

December 02, 2017, 05:55:35 AM
Reply #392

Ross

8m quid though pal? Or where Derby playing more hardball then?

Can’t remember the figures Thom but he was a target along with Pickford.

Obvious he never had an endless fund like Koeman so other priority’s got in the way.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 02, 2017, 05:56:50 AM
Reply #393

Thomas

Can’t remember the figures Thom but he was a target along with Pickford.

Obvious he never had an endless fund like Koeman so other priority’s got in the way.

TOM pal. Or Thomas. Not Thom. Just saying :D

Otherwise, cool :)

December 08, 2017, 03:44:15 AM
Reply #394

therealdunc

Rumour he is at tonight’s Marseille game?

If they lose or the team in 3rd win by a few goals they are out of Europa
Blue

December 08, 2017, 03:46:48 AM
Reply #395

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Rumour he is at tonight's Marseille game?

We are buying marseille?
Sound
Simply simply lovely

December 08, 2017, 04:22:43 AM
Reply #396

Cereal Killer

Rumour he is at tonight’s Marseille game?

Payet, new 10 is still top of his list.... although someone should teach Walsh how to strike through....

December 08, 2017, 04:25:37 AM
Reply #397

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Payet, new 10 is still top of his list.... although someone should teach Walsh how to strike through....

No way Payet is coming back surely. Aside from other issues.

January 14, 2018, 01:44:00 AM
Reply #398

Ridge

Can't see Walsh lasting much longer. His recommending Allardyce, is surely the seal on his fate too.

January 14, 2018, 01:47:21 AM
Reply #399

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'd sack fucking everyone at the min tbh
Simply simply lovely

January 14, 2018, 01:50:25 AM
Reply #400

velimski

The only positive that I can think of is that he can't cause any more damage between now and when the transfer window opens again.

Unless we sack Allardyce before then (which we won't), and he gets a say in who the next manager should be.

January 14, 2018, 01:50:47 AM
Reply #401

kramer0

Leaving Walsh's contributions, whatever they are, out of it... it was always a bit weird that we appointed someone for this role after picking a manager. What a missed opportunity this was.

Having a director of football is good. Or it should be.

But having an unclear power structure is bad. Like spending hundreds of millions of pounds on players that aren't good enough for any of the teams you're chasing bad.

I still think the way forward is to hit the reset button, clear everyone out, and do it the right way.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 01:52:46 AM by kramer0 »

January 14, 2018, 01:56:12 AM
Reply #402

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not seeing any sort of plan. We need better.

January 14, 2018, 01:56:55 AM
Reply #403

velimski

The only positive that I can think of is that he can't cause any more damage between now and when the transfer window opens again.

Unless we sack Allardyce before then (which we won't), and he gets a say in who the next manager should be.

Actually, what the fuck am I talking about? This transfer window is still open for another 2 weeks!

January 14, 2018, 02:01:46 AM
Reply #404

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Leaving Walsh's contributions, whatever they are, out of it... it was always a bit weird that we appointed someone for this role after picking a manager. What a missed opportunity this was.

Having a director of football is good. Or it should be.

But having an unclear power structure is bad. Like spending hundreds of millions of pounds on players that aren't good enough for any of the teams you're chasing bad.

I still think the way forward is to hit the reset button, clear everyone out, and do it the right way.

Thing is clubs sack sporting directors all the time.

Chances of getting it spot on first go we’re slim.

No reason why sporting director should be easier to get right compared to a manager, I’d guess.