December 12, 2018, 05:02:48 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 53411 times)

November 05, 2017, 01:53:10 AM
Read 53411 times

therealdunc

Sigurdsson was a Koeman signing, this is the reason he was chased all summer as Koeman said he would replace a lot of Romís goals.

This has been reported by numerous club sources and media.

I donít know about the other signings except Martina who was also a Koeman signing and Onyekuru who was a Walsh signing.

Again, the above were confirmed by the people themselves or club sources and by media.

Sacking Walsh would seem counter productive.

The only bad signing so far has been Klaassen, the rest have proven decent or not been given enough of a chance such as Sandro. 2 of them (Rooney and Pickford) have proven to be great signings.

The worst signings were last season.
Williams who has done nothing and is on big wages and Schneiderlin who has been a woeful signing and is one of the clubs highest earners 
Blue

November 27, 2017, 02:50:20 PM
Reply #1

therealdunc

Lete get this on the record

Ronald Koeman rubber stamped EVERY 1st team signing including Rooney

FACT - he said so himself

The only 2 things go direct at Walsh are -

He signed the players for the U23 development squad

He didnít sign the striker and left sided defender that Koeman mentioned a few times before the window shut that he wanted
Blue

November 27, 2017, 04:42:52 PM
Reply #2

therealdunc

Koeman had the final day on all deals including Vlasic , Pickford and Sandro.

Why do some people find this so hard to understand?

Yes the head of recruitment makes the deals happen but he doesnít have the final say, that was Koemans decision.

Iím Koemans defence, he was probably happy to have the likes of Rooney and Keane as back up because he was still convinced he was getting the striker and left sided defender he talked about numerous times up to the end of the transfer window
Blue

December 08, 2017, 03:44:15 AM
Reply #3

therealdunc

Rumour he is at tonightís Marseille game?

If they lose or the team in 3rd win by a few goals they are out of Europa
Blue

January 14, 2018, 02:12:46 PM
Reply #4

therealdunc

Surely the idea of Steve Walsh and his role is to identify emerging talent or new talent and bring them into the club as discreetly as possible.

But the evidence is rather different.
We have signed big name and wage players for over inflated fees and wages, do all of our business in the media, and transfers drag on to get over the line.

While itís now been established some of the summer signings such as Klassen and Martina were Koemans choices; Walshís choices not much better and just as over priced.

I fully expected us to be signing random young players from the French, Belgium and German leagues not ageing big wage and fee players like Rooney, Sigurdson and Walcott
Blue

January 14, 2018, 06:53:07 PM
Reply #5

therealdunc

Allardyce asked Walsh for his list of players for each position.

Tosun wasnít on his list he was an Allardyce pick.

Think itís time for Walsh to be fucked off imo.

Heard the exact same from my source, Tosun like Walcott is Big Sams choice.

Not sure what the earlier post is on about saying sam was being negative about Tosun?
Can you link a source please?

I would think saying is the best in the world at his price tag is a pretty big confidence statement.

If you mean Sam is being honest and saying one player isnít enough to turn this slow squad around, then you would be correct he wants more players before talking up his team.
Blue

January 14, 2018, 08:05:22 PM
Reply #6

therealdunc

where have you got this from? all the journalists/sports commentators say it was Walsh's pick, and that Walcott is Sams pick.

any interviews or statements to back up it was Allardyces pick?

Can you post a link to where all the journalists and sports commentators stated Tosun was Walsh pick?

I would suspect not
Blue

January 14, 2018, 08:52:37 PM
Reply #7

therealdunc

Exactly

Some random Canadians with no clue making daft comments hardly translates as Ďall journalists/sports commentatorsí

Blue

January 15, 2018, 01:52:55 AM
Reply #8

therealdunc

Wrong. Random daft Englishmen. So take a fuckin hike like.

Since when was I English?
 lolol
Blue