October 23, 2018, 07:38:50 PM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 50818 times)

January 15, 2018, 03:35:33 PM
Reply #465

dangermouse

Had a scan through the last few pages and dint notice this.....

Some actual words from Steve Walsh on what his job is and who makes the final decision.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-director-football-steve-walsh-14136335
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

January 15, 2018, 03:46:55 PM
Reply #466

Lxxx

Had a scan through the last few pages and dint notice this.....

Some actual words from Steve Walsh on what his job is and who makes the final decision.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-director-football-steve-walsh-14136335

I can't believe the idiot is using the same argument that many idiots on here used in the summer when Lukaku left.

ďIíve got a stat that might surprise a lot of people: if you took away all of Romelu Lukakuís goals from last season, we still wouldíve finished seventh in the league,Ē he said.

This is the guy tasked with understanding football and driving forward a strategy at the club and he's coming out with rubbish like this.

January 15, 2018, 06:19:23 PM
Reply #467

Bluenose 91

I can't believe the idiot is using the same argument that many idiots on here used in the summer when Lukaku left.

“I’ve got a stat that might surprise a lot of people: if you took away all of Romelu Lukaku’s goals from last season, we still would’ve finished seventh in the league,” he said.

This is the guy tasked with understanding football and driving forward a strategy at the club and he's coming out with rubbish like this.

I try to stay away from slagging backroom/board level staff off cos very few people actually know what's going on there but that quote from him is a fucking piss take.

Trotting out the sort of shite you see idiots on Twitter come out with.

Didn't he also say something along the lines of ''At least I didn't sign Vincent Janssen''

Moshiri needs a big re-think in the summer of what he actually wants us to do on the pitch.  A big fuck off clear out at that level is needed I think.

January 15, 2018, 06:38:53 PM
Reply #468

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I try to stay away from slagging backroom/board level staff off cos very few people actually know what's going on there but that quote from him is a fucking piss take.

Trotting out the sort of shite you see idiots on Twitter come out with.

Didn't he also say something along the lines of ''At least I didn't sign Vincent Janssen''

Moshiri needs a big re-think in the summer of what he actually wants us to do on the pitch.  A big fuck off clear out at that level is needed I think.

Without hearing the full speech Iím trying to give him the benefit of the doubt in that a) he surely meant that we needed a forward for more than just goals and b) that itís not always easy to sign ďanybodyĒ.

Otherwise itís massively worrying!

January 15, 2018, 06:39:57 PM
Reply #469

Hawkandro

Still waiting on a left-back... a mere 9 months on from the failed attempt to sign Kolasinac.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 15, 2018, 06:43:05 PM
Reply #470

gizzblue

Still waiting on a left-back... a mere 9 months on from the failed attempt to sign Kolasinac.
And none being linked either ...doesnt exactly fill you with confidence.

Ah the sound of one hand clapping .

January 15, 2018, 06:46:39 PM
Reply #471

Lxxx

And none being linked either ...doesnt exactly fill you with confidence.

Ah the sound of one hand clapping .
We can only work on one deal at a time remember.

January 15, 2018, 06:46:49 PM
Reply #472

UnsyisaRhino

You never know whats going in behind the scenes but it is worrying that we have heard anythinf linking us with a leftback.

January 15, 2018, 06:46:49 PM
Reply #473

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

Lately, everytime I see you're posts I'm never quite sure if I've accidentally clicked on the football manager thread or it's real life.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 15, 2018, 06:50:39 PM
Reply #474

Hawkandro

Lately, everytime I see you're posts I'm never quite sure if I've accidentally clicked on the football manager thread or it's real life.

If only it was Football Manager. If only.

January 15, 2018, 06:54:44 PM
Reply #475

gizzblue

If only it was Football Manager. If only.
We would have three waiting in the wings ...all unhappy in moral dying for minutes on the pitch.

January 15, 2018, 07:08:32 PM
Reply #476

Hawkandro

We would have three waiting in the wings ...all unhappy in moral dying for minutes on the pitch.

Preferable to staring into the abyss that is an actual Everton transfer window.

January 16, 2018, 05:51:46 AM
Reply #477

Jamokachi

We have a very good source on here who's told us we're targeting a couple of left backs. Just because we're not linked in the press doesn't mean work isn't going on behind the scenes. I agree that Walsh needs to come up with the goods, and improve massively... but there's a hell of a lot of 2+2=5 going on from some of you in here.

January 16, 2018, 05:54:08 AM
Reply #478

Ravardo

Luike shaws one of them on loan possibly

January 16, 2018, 05:55:30 AM
Reply #479

gizzblue

We have a very good source on here who's told us we're targeting a couple of left backs. Just because we're not linked in the press doesn't mean work isn't going on behind the scenes. I agree that Walsh needs to come up with the goods, and improve massively... but there's a hell of a lot of 2+2=5 going on from some of you in here.
Not really 2+2=5 just we know Everton and transfer window fuck ups are as common as Slags with chlamydia.