August 18, 2018, 05:27:41 PM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 47196 times)

February 07, 2018, 05:42:28 AM
Reply #570

Paddockoldie

I think Walsh got lucky with a few gems and then Leicester winning the prem sealed his reputation. Like Martinez, Koeman and now SA he's been found out. He has done little here to justify his role at the club and needs to go, either now or at the end of season just like fat head. The club needs cleansing and players like the shithouse Schniederlin, Williams and Martina need shifting out. There's a lot of work to do it we'll eventually run out of luck because luck, as in there's shite below us is gonna run out at some point and we'll get relegated.

February 07, 2018, 05:43:21 AM
Reply #571

Redartin

What does Walsh fill his days doing?
Shafting Moshiri.

February 07, 2018, 02:39:11 PM
Reply #572

Hawkandro

Williams in fairness was watching the guy to his other side mostly off camera. Schneiderlin on the other hand has jogged around with that sort of enthusiasm for ages. To a certain extent I can forgive a lack of talent if someone is at least trying, but not trying is one of the most infuriating things to watch.

Schneiderlin is the heart-breaker for me. I was really chuffed when we signed him. Thought he would answer a lot of problems we had with our midfield; finally a box-to-box midfielder we've craved for so long, and look at him... Christ...
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 07, 2018, 02:44:00 PM
Reply #573

Hawkandro

I think Walsh got lucky with a few gems and then Leicester winning the prem sealed his reputation. Like Martinez, Koeman and now SA he's been found out. He has done little here to justify his role at the club and needs to go, either now or at the end of season just like fat head. The club needs cleansing and players like the shithouse Schniederlin, Williams and Martina need shifting out. There's a lot of work to do it we'll eventually run out of luck because luck, as in there's shite below us is gonna run out at some point and we'll get relegated.

If we are to persist with a Director of Football, then I am all for bringing this PSV guy in; someone who has had experience in the role over many years, rather than got lucky on the back of a few signings made a couple of years ago.

Look at Galloway for evidence; loaned him out for experience, in a position we are crying out for, he played 2 games and we still didn't terminate his loan and bring him back. Baffling.

February 07, 2018, 02:44:20 PM
Reply #574

Macca77

I honestly think that with the right manager Schneiderlin will get his form back and be great for us.

Problem is we've had far to many wrong managers.

February 07, 2018, 02:47:40 PM
Reply #575

Cereal Killer

February 07, 2018, 03:26:17 PM
Reply #576

Lxxx

A man way, way out of his depth. I've not seen any improvement to any aspect of the footballing side since his appointment, in fact we have regressed on pretty much every metric you want to assess us by. In any other large organisation outside of football he'd have been long gone by now and replaced with a black mark against his name but there he is, sat with his dinosaur mate in his big flash office beaming from ear to ear.

February 07, 2018, 03:32:27 PM
Reply #577

Hawkandro

Two positions we really needed to fill; two positions they have claimed there are no available players for in two separate windows. Not good enough. Bye-bye.

February 07, 2018, 03:32:42 PM
Reply #578

Macca77

February 07, 2018, 03:35:31 PM
Reply #579

Lxxx

Two positions we really needed to fill; two positions they have claimed there are no available players for in two separate windows. Not good enough. Bye-bye.

The two positions we really need to fill are new CEO and new DoF. The new manager can come once you have the right people in place above him.

But I know what you mean. Master scout my arse.

February 07, 2018, 03:47:26 PM
Reply #580

penguinofdoom1878

The two positions we really need to fill are new CEO and new DoF. The new manager can come once you have the right people in place above him.

But I know what you mean. Master scout my arse.

We need a new CEO who knows football and Moshiri can leave the footballing side of things to them and he can concentrate on the commercial side of things. Wow David Dein is 74 now.

February 07, 2018, 04:05:50 PM
Reply #581

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
If anyone has an online subscripton to The Times there is a 57 minute podcast today by Oliver Kay entitled “The Everton capital car crash, Walsh entirely responsible for woeful performances”

Hope the Board listen to it !

February 07, 2018, 04:16:23 PM
Reply #582

penguinofdoom1878

If anyone has an online subscripton to The Times there is a 57 minute podcast today by Oliver Kay entitled “The Everton capital car crash, Walsh entirely responsible for woeful performances”

Hope the Board listen to it !

cheers...its also available on the Apple podcast app, search The Game...

usually swerve it cause Marcotti likes to shout over people when they try to give an opinion he doesnt agree with
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:18:23 PM by penguinofdoom1878 »

February 07, 2018, 04:18:19 PM
Reply #583

formerKHL

Me personally after working in and around many clubs do not get this position of DOF.....

why do we/anyone need a DOF....

like ive said before I don't know one in any club that's worked out in this country...

February 07, 2018, 04:21:12 PM
Reply #584

penguinofdoom1878

Me personally after working in and around many clubs do not get this position of DOF.....

why do we/anyone need a DOF....

like ive said before I don't know one in any club that's worked out in this country...

Manchester City
Chelsea
Arsenal - Head of Recruitment (similar)

theres 3