July 21, 2018, 05:41:01 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 46093 times)

February 25, 2018, 10:21:05 PM
Reply #60

Lxxx

Not convinced by Keane at all but there's very small signs of improvement.

Or were, until Sam threw him under the bus last night with his comments. For a lad with apparently fragile confidence probably not best to level a defeat at him.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 10:22:08 PM by Lxxx »

February 25, 2018, 10:34:14 PM
Reply #61

Lxxx

I just don't think he's good enough really. He looked decent in a very tight, compact defence with two organised banks of four, but two tight banks of four aren't conducive to expansive football, as Burnley are showing.
If we have any desire to play a bit more open you need your centre halves to be mobile and have pace and ability get around the back line if your full backs push on. I just don't think he can do that and looks lost when he's left isolated. Obviously love him to come good but I've not seen much so far to suggest he's anything like the standard you want to build the spine of your team around.

February 26, 2018, 03:44:20 PM
Reply #62

Lxxx

I know Bolasie is returning from a serious injury, but Christ, what does he offer at the moment?

Rapping?

February 26, 2018, 07:03:52 PM
Reply #63

Lxxx

He's now an expensive sub at best behind Lookman in the order (if Lookman stays next year).

But...but...but...he cost £30m quid. 

February 26, 2018, 09:14:24 PM
Reply #64

Lxxx

Is it cos under Moyes we were used to having no signings and kinda linked with the squad cos it was the same for so long. Now they come and go like no ones business

I think under Moyes we kind of came to an understanding that maybe the quality wasn't always there as we couldn't really afford it but in the main most of the squads we had over the years grafted first and foremost as it seemed to be a requisite of playing under Moyes.

Evertonians are a pretty fair bunch of fans and if players are putting in the effort they get cut a lot more slack than talent which sees working hard or not downing tools as an optional extra.

March 04, 2018, 10:23:31 PM
Reply #65

Lxxx

I was a big bolasie fan when he first came. Erratic but also consistently made chances. He's been dreadful since he's returned. Have to start to wonder if he's finished now.

Yeh, in the best phase of his career he might drop a shoulder and gain half a yard to whip a ball in. Now he doesn't look able, or mentally ready to, attempt to go past a player so all we get is a foot rolled over the ball once or twice before slowing the game down to walking pace.
Unless he surprises us he looks done as a player who will deliver from a wide area like Walcott does so I'd plan for life without him until he's needed for the odd game and he becomes a very expensive squad player.

March 14, 2018, 07:47:19 PM
Reply #66

Lxxx

The longer people like this remain employed by the club the more enthusiasm for Everton drains out of me.

You'd like to think this summer is the cleaning house phase and a new professional outfit will emerge. We hope.

March 15, 2018, 12:15:23 AM
Reply #67

Lxxx

To be fair a lot of the old guard won't be here in just over a year, if not earlier. We still need experience in the squad and once Jags, Baines, Rooney, Williams (I know)leave then we do look a bit light on senior pros.

March 16, 2018, 06:07:23 PM
Reply #68

Lxxx

Walcott was an absolute no brainer for the price we paid.

True. The lad looks a level above with his movement and desire to get in the box and on the end of things. Imagine if that was the model we recruited against; mobile, quick, athletic. We can dream hey.

March 27, 2018, 04:13:40 AM
Reply #69

Lxxx

I donít think heís done that bad. Think the problems have been more down to others overpowering him.

If you take players like Williams, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Klaassan and Martina being Koeman's picks then I suppose on balance that's the shite of the group not attributable to him. The lack of a striker and left back are justifiable sticks to beat him with and I'd still like to see us ditch him for a more dynamic guy but he's probably not the absolute disaster it appears he is.

April 25, 2018, 07:46:39 PM
Reply #70

Lxxx

It's completely coincidental that his missus told him she wants to visit Copacabana.

Which is a probably a wine bar in Chorley owned by Allardyce.