June 21, 2018, 10:39:10 PM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 44635 times)

February 07, 2018, 04:22:48 PM
Reply #585

Lxxx

Me personally after working in and around many clubs do not get this position of DOF.....

why do we/anyone need a DOF....

like ive said before I don't know one in any club that's worked out in this country...

I understand the sound theory behind it but in practice you need to have a stable club with a clearly definable strategy from the board to enable it to work, I would have thought.

February 07, 2018, 04:32:36 PM
Reply #586

Waltzer

I honestly think that with the right manager Schneiderlin will get his form back and be great for us.

Problem is we've had far to many wrong managers.

I agree, I think Schneiderlin is our best central midfielder, he just isnt showing it at the moment, but then again very few are in our team.

February 07, 2018, 04:35:23 PM
Reply #587

formerKHL

Manchester City
Chelsea
Arsenal - Head of Recruitment (similar)

theres 3

Guardiola has final say on all transfers....I know this for a fact...
I would of accepted Chelsea however, I also know that all transfers are finalised initially by the conte at the moment although this has now become a bit precarious hence the friction in the club...
and everyone knows wenger has final say on players transfers....

so although I agree there's people in situ...do they actually have the final say?...like I've said most DOF's I know/know of seem to have more of a say around the youth set up/academies....and "manage" the scouting system......however, don't have the final say..so to speak....

February 07, 2018, 04:57:48 PM
Reply #588

Lxxx

I agree, I think Schneiderlin is our best central midfielder, he just isnt showing it at the moment, but then again very few are in our team.

Last decent run of games was three years ago. Not sure it's as simple as saying he's just a tweak of motivation away from rediscovering the form he had at Southampton. Looks a vastly different player now to me, we should be aiming for the profile of player he was back then, young talented and hungry to succeed, not waiting forever for him to suddenly arrest three years of decline.

February 07, 2018, 05:47:03 PM
Reply #589

Rodenplav64

Last decent run of games was three years ago. Not sure it's as simple as saying he's just a tweak of motivation away from rediscovering the form he had at Southampton. Looks a vastly different player now to me, we should be aiming for the profile of player he was back then, young talented and hungry to succeed, not waiting forever for him to suddenly arrest three years of decline.

Got his big money move to Man Utd and hasn't done anything since . Coasting it here and not interested in putting in a shift . No one will pay what we did so he is another loss on the balance sheet .

Edit : How anyone can say he is our best defensive midfielder based on what he has done here is beyond me . The few times he has made a tackle he has got a card . He is a top shithouse .
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 05:48:50 PM by Rodenplav64 »

February 07, 2018, 07:07:51 PM
Reply #590

Hawkandro

Interesting, and probably a better bet for DOF than Walsh, but too late now...

https://twitter.com/pbsportswriter/status/961209114570514435
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 07, 2018, 07:17:23 PM
Reply #591

kramer0

Leipzig hired Paul Mitchell?

:-(

February 07, 2018, 07:18:26 PM
Reply #592

Hawkandro

Yep. I know they are much maligned in Germany, but their model is the one we really should be following.

Expect a bid for Lookman to come in soon.

February 07, 2018, 07:20:39 PM
Reply #593

Lxxx

Yep. I know they are much maligned in Germany, but their model is the one we really should be following.

Expect a bid for Lookman to come in soon.

We'd probably take it too. More money for Sam to put towards Cresswell.

February 07, 2018, 08:57:34 PM
Reply #594

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
cheers...its also available on the Apple podcast app, search The Game...

usually swerve it cause Marcotti likes to shout over people when they try to give an opinion he doesnt agree with

Getting on this raaaa now
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 07, 2018, 09:11:14 PM
Reply #595

Hawkandro

http://readeverton.com/2018/02/07/everton-failed-deadline-day-bid-mario-hermoso/

Apparently we offered 8m for a player with a 40m release clause on Deadline Day. Smacks of a panic bid.

February 07, 2018, 09:32:48 PM
Reply #596

Lxxx

http://readeverton.com/2018/02/07/everton-failed-deadline-day-bid-mario-hermoso/

Apparently we offered 8m for a player with a 40m release clause on Deadline Day. Smacks of a panic bid.

It's like watching a 10 year old kid play Football Manager this season.

February 07, 2018, 09:43:49 PM
Reply #597

Ravardo

Me personally after working in and around many clubs do not get this position of DOF.....

why do we/anyone need a DOF....

like ive said before I don't know one in any club that's worked out in this country...

Although they call him executive director les reed seems to do a could job for southampton ,,,worth a read http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37954971

February 07, 2018, 09:52:33 PM
Reply #598

Ridge

The two positions we really need to fill are new CEO and new DoF. The new manager can come once you have the right people in place above him.

But I know what you mean. Master scout my arse.

What's your beef with Elstone?

February 07, 2018, 09:56:05 PM
Reply #599

Ravardo

And another thing,, that befoldi we was looking at signing at the beginning of the season what a load of cack he is even his youtube vids were proper shit and he aint got no better thank god koeman squashed that one  http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/06/ishak-belfodil-fails-to-show-everton-that-koeman-made-mistake/