September 26, 2018, 06:19:06 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 49309 times)

February 13, 2018, 03:44:19 PM
Reply #645

BlueForYou

Time for Walsh to go - as with his brother, didn't work out
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 15, 2018, 02:03:08 PM
Reply #646

Bluedylan

I'd be embarrassed to show up for work every day, if I was this fella.

If I make a mistake at work (which happens frequently) that causes one of my colleagues extra work or stress, I'm mortified.

Imagine overseeing the spending of £250m and getting so much wrong. The Tosun one has to take the biscuit though.

What a laughably bad manifestation of total professional ineptitude. How this fella (Walsh) has the testicular fortitude and shamelessness to swan into work every morning is beyond me.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

February 15, 2018, 02:09:23 PM
Reply #647

Macca77

If I make a mistake at work (which happens frequently) that causes one of my colleagues extra work or stress, I'm mortified.

Imagine overseeing the spending of £250m and getting so much wrong. The Tosun one has to take the biscuit though.

What a laughably bad manifestation of total professional ineptitude. How this fella (Walsh) has the testicular fortitude and shamelessness to swan into work every morning is beyond me.

What does he actually do, apart from give his mate a job?

February 15, 2018, 02:13:29 PM
Reply #648

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

Yeah, even if Tosun does go on and prove to be a decent 12 goals a year striker (which, let's be honest, for the money and with his past record is as good as it's going to get), the fact is we went into the January transfer window all agreeing (club and all) that a striker and a left back were the weakest parts of the squad.

We still don't have a left back and it could be St Patricks day before we see the new striker being an acceptable risk.

February 15, 2018, 02:24:30 PM
Reply #649

Lxxx

All starting to look as if our new owner was seduced by the biggest upset in football history and decided to act without engaging his brain first. Not the only time one might add.

February 15, 2018, 03:14:12 PM
Reply #650

stirlingblue

Just started a new job and my bossís dad is a scout at Leicester, said that Walsh didnít even scout the likes of Kante, Mahrez and Vardy. Itís just one of those things people assume and Walsh doesnít go out of his way to correct them

February 15, 2018, 03:26:58 PM
Reply #651

bogie

Just started a new job and my boss’s dad is a scout at Leicester, said that Walsh didn’t even scout the likes of Kante, Mahrez and Vardy. It’s just one of those things people assume and Walsh doesn’t go out of his way to correct them

the head scout at all clubs would not be the one to scout them others would then he goes and looks at them it is his team of scouts that do the leg work

is he a good head scout    yes
is he a good DoF              no
will he get better at it       you would fucking hope so   

will he be sacked not till he has hard 4/5 windows he has had 3 so far

February 15, 2018, 03:27:56 PM
Reply #652

Lxxx

the head scout at all clubs would not be the one to scout them others would then he goes and looks at them it is his team of scouts that do the leg work

is he a good head scout    yes
is he a good DoF              no
will he get better at it       you would fucking hope so   

will he be sacked not till he has hard 4/5 windows he has had 3 so far

You could argue he's failed in all 3 though.

February 15, 2018, 03:30:13 PM
Reply #653

bogie

You could argue he's failed in all 3 though.

well with no left back its clear he has really

if a left back had of come in the window just past then that would have been a great window

February 15, 2018, 03:43:58 PM
Reply #654

Waltzer

A lot of the continued issues we see now are reasons why I didnt think it was right to get rid of Koeman. Walsh is the main perpetrator behind what has gone wrong, and with each passing transfer it becomes more and more evident. The bloke has been given too much responsibility based on the fact he got a few decent players in at Leicester, it might be that Klasseen, Sandro, Tosun, Keane et al will turn out to be amazing next year but I dont think we can afford to go through this year again with so many failures.

February 15, 2018, 03:45:18 PM
Reply #655

BlueForYou

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

February 15, 2018, 03:49:50 PM
Reply #656

Lxxx

A lot of the continued issues we see now are reasons why I didnt think it was right to get rid of Koeman. Walsh is the main perpetrator behind what has gone wrong, and with each passing transfer it becomes more and more evident. The bloke has been given too much responsibility based on the fact he got a few decent players in at Leicester, it might be that Klasseen, Sandro, Tosun, Keane et al will turn out to be amazing next year but I dont think we can afford to go through this year again with so many failures.

Koeman wasn't getting the best out of what he had though. The team was dysfunctional, low on morale, had no shape and we weren't winning football matches. Regardless of whose fault that was (and I agree Walsh has to take the lions share of the blame) if you're losing football matches regularly you need to change something and as you can't change the players mid-season, and binning the DoF wouldn't have affected what happens on the pitch, then it had to be the manager. 

February 15, 2018, 04:22:20 PM
Reply #657

Waltzer

Koeman wasn't getting the best out of what he had though. The team was dysfunctional, low on morale, had no shape and we weren't winning football matches. Regardless of whose fault that was (and I agree Walsh has to take the lions share of the blame) if you're losing football matches regularly you need to change something and as you can't change the players mid-season, and binning the DoF wouldn't have affected what happens on the pitch, then it had to be the manager. 

I know and I do agree, I just wish we still had Koeman in charge instead of who we now have (I know, I need to get over it!!). I just think we missed a massive trick in the summer to really move the club forward and instead its gone backwards and the man that was mainly responsible is still making the same terrible decisions.

February 15, 2018, 04:26:10 PM
Reply #658

Lxxx

I know and I do agree, I just wish we still had Koeman in charge instead of who we now have (I know, I need to get over it!!). I just think we missed a massive trick in the summer to really move the club forward and instead its gone backwards and the man that was mainly responsible is still making the same terrible decisions.

Totally. The biggest mistake Moshiri made was appointing Walsh in the first place. We could have kicked on from 7th position with bags of money to strengthen last summer but we had the wrong man way out of his depth in charge of it.

February 15, 2018, 06:09:44 PM
Reply #659

TheTone

So what  was he doing that time in Italy when he turned up with his crew doing their best Sopranos impressions?