December 17, 2018, 05:41:40 PM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 53945 times)

February 15, 2018, 06:10:39 PM
Reply #660

stirlingblue

It's hard to completely judge without all of the information.

For all we know, Walsh could have identified some real gems who just didn't want to play for us. If you're a foreign player, I'm not sure why you would want to play for us tbh

February 15, 2018, 06:16:20 PM
Reply #661

Ramjam

So what  was he doing that time in Italy when he turned up with his crew doing their best Sopranos impressions?
Maybe we should put a horses head in his bed and see if he gets the message
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 15, 2018, 06:51:35 PM
Reply #662

Hawkandro

It's hard to completely judge without all of the information.

For all we know, Walsh could have identified some real gems who just didn't want to play for us. If you're a foreign player, I'm not sure why you would want to play for us tbh

...and the one's we have signed - Vlasic, Klaassen, Sandro and Lookman - cannot even get a game.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 15, 2018, 07:58:23 PM
Reply #663

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
In the interest of balance itís interesting to see thereís two very juxtaposed trains of thought that never seem to question one another

1. Walsh is a failure and bought donkeys

2. Vlasic/ lookman / tosun / klaassen / Onyekuru* all need more game time and some are potential world beaters*
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 15, 2018, 08:03:26 PM
Reply #664

sam of the south

In the interest of balance itís interesting to see thereís two very juxtaposed trains of thought that never seem to question one another

2. Vlasic/ lookman / tosun / klaassen / Onyekuru* all need more game time and some are potential world beaters*

Very true, and as is usual the truth is probably somewhere in between
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 15, 2018, 09:18:04 PM
Reply #665

Alanvideo

Going by this thread Walsh is despised almost as much as Allardyce.  Lee and Shakespeare must be ok then ?
We are special ,we are Everton.

February 15, 2018, 09:22:44 PM
Reply #666

blue1948

Going by this thread Walsh is despised almost as much as Allardyce.  Lee and Shakespeare must be ok then ?
Oh Fuck no!

February 15, 2018, 09:35:09 PM
Reply #667

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber
Never thought I would say that but Lee seems to be the best of a poor bunch - atleast he shows passion and heart

February 16, 2018, 12:13:59 AM
Reply #668

dazfrancis

That fact that Sammy Lee is the most liked of this lot among the fans shows what a pair of cunts Walsh and Allardyce are

February 16, 2018, 01:04:14 AM
Reply #669

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
That fact that Sammy Lee is the most liked of this lot among the fans shows what a pair of cunts Walsh and Allardyce are

Haha. Nailed it.

February 16, 2018, 04:47:47 PM
Reply #670

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber

Shit man, this has properly ruined my world view today.
Because i rate Walcott, Pickford, Keane & Sigurdsson really highly as well.

February 16, 2018, 07:42:11 PM
Reply #671

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Shit man, this has properly ruined my world view today.
Because i rate Walcott, Pickford, Keane & Sigurdsson really highly as well.

Yeah been wrestling with it myself. Donít rate Walsh at all, but if Henry and Lookman develop how I think they should - heís potentially got 4-6 hits on his CV.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 17, 2018, 06:18:18 PM
Reply #672

van der Meyde

Yeah been wrestling with it myself. Donít rate Walsh at all, but if Henry and Lookman develop how I think they should - heís potentially got 4-6 hits on his CV.
I don't think the two views are necessarily inconsistent with each other though.

Of the players you and @Mick 1995 have mentioned, Sigurdsson, Onyekuru and Lookman all look to be talented players. In isolation, they're all decent signings. But they've also all spent large parts of their career playing down the left as attacking players. (You could possibly throw Bolasie and Sandro into the mix there too.)

Or the whole 'three number 10s' (plus Davies and Vlasic...) thing.

Building a balanced squad is a huge part of the DoF role. It's inevitable that some players will be viewed as donkeys if they've got that much competition, there's just no way they'll get the minutes to prove otherwise.

February 17, 2018, 07:08:29 PM
Reply #673

KoemansNumberTens

I'm actually not sure he's done a bad job in the parts he's actually done. The problem has been he's let others make big decisions and they've been expensive mistakes

February 17, 2018, 07:25:32 PM
Reply #674

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber

I'm probably in the number 2 camp.

More so Vlasic, Klaassen and Lookman.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"