December 12, 2018, 11:24:50 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 53456 times)

February 25, 2018, 06:05:34 PM
Reply #690

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder what Walsh's signings would go for now, just to see how much if a disaster it's been.
Lookman, DCL and Gueye probably make up a lot as they're likely to be worth much more than what we paid for them.
My estimates are probably well out and I've probably missed a few, but its an interesting debate.

Bolasie (when fit) - £15m?
Williams - £8m
Gueye - £25m?
DCL - £20m?
Schneiderlin - £20m
Lookman - £25m
Sig - £30m?
Keane - £20m
Pickford - £40m
Klaassen - £18m
Vlasic - £20m
Sandro - £15m
Martina - £8m
Rooney - n/a
Theo - £20m
Tosun - 15m?

Onyekuru - £10m (haven't got a clue)

Total - £309m

"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 25, 2018, 06:09:43 PM
Reply #691

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Some of them prices are way wide of the mark

Simply simply lovely

February 25, 2018, 06:18:02 PM
Reply #692

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Some of them prices are way wide of the mark

I know, I said that in the post.

Wide as in too high or too low?
And which ones?

February 25, 2018, 06:23:51 PM
Reply #693

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I know, I said that in the post.

Wide as in too high or too low?
And which ones?
Martina and Williams stood out tbh
Id say you've over valued a few
Simply simply lovely

February 25, 2018, 07:04:27 PM
Reply #694

Lxxx

I wonder what Walsh's signings would go for now, just to see how much if a disaster it's been.
Lookman, DCL and Gueye probably make up a lot as they're likely to be worth much more than what we paid for them.
My estimates are probably well out and I've probably missed a few, but its an interesting debate.

Bolasie (when fit) - £15m?
Williams - £8m
Gueye - £25m?
DCL - £20m?
Schneiderlin - £20m
Lookman - £25m
Sig - £30m?
Keane - £20m
Pickford - £40m
Klaassen - £18m
Vlasic - £20m
Sandro - £15m
Martina - £8m
Rooney - n/a
Theo - £20m
Tosun - 15m?

Onyekuru - £10m (haven't got a clue)

Total - £309m

If you are trying to make the point I think you're trying to make, it's not working.

February 25, 2018, 07:44:24 PM
Reply #695

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Keanes pony isn’t he?

Wouldn’t mind seeing him next to a good cb rather than a procession of past it fellas who need to retire and total walking disasters like, but very unconvinced.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 25, 2018, 07:51:11 PM
Reply #696

dunkster

I think only walcott and pickford look about right on that list. Waaaaay too optimistic on all the rest
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

February 25, 2018, 07:58:24 PM
Reply #697

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
If you are trying to make the point I think you're trying to make, it's not working.

No point really. Just from an economical point of view it's not like we've flushed £200m down the drain, mainly because of how the transfer market has blew up over the past 18 months.

We've also benefited from getting in a few young British players in before the market went daft.
Keane for example would still go for around £20m, even though he's been written off by many (I personally like Keane)

I do think Walsh should go though, and getting our money back should never be one of his main priorities. The players bought in haven't cut it, and most of them aren't worth what we paid.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 08:02:35 PM by Duncs_a_legend »

February 25, 2018, 08:12:44 PM
Reply #698

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
One point on the transfer window inflation - we must be the only bloody club in the country who’s players values have plummeted in the last 18 months. Every other fucker is worth £30m+ these days.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 25, 2018, 09:31:48 PM
Reply #699

GrantyBoy78

Keanes pony isn't he?

Wouldn't mind seeing him next to a good cb rather than a procession of past it fellas who need to retire and total walking disasters like, but very unconvinced.
Agree; for that fee you’d want him to be ‘the main bloke’ but it looks like we can only hope he grows into the ‘bloke next to the main bloke’.

February 25, 2018, 09:53:07 PM
Reply #700

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Agree; for that fee you’d want him to be ‘the main bloke’ but it looks like we can only hope he grows into the ‘bloke next to the main bloke’.

If that!

February 25, 2018, 10:19:39 PM
Reply #701

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Not convinced by Keane at all but there's very small signs of improvement.

February 25, 2018, 10:21:05 PM
Reply #702

Lxxx

Not convinced by Keane at all but there's very small signs of improvement.

Or were, until Sam threw him under the bus last night with his comments. For a lad with apparently fragile confidence probably not best to level a defeat at him.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 10:22:08 PM by Lxxx »

February 25, 2018, 10:24:48 PM
Reply #703

gizzblue

Or were, until Sam threw him under the bus last night with his comments. For a lad with apparently fragile confidence probably not best to level a defeat at him.
But this is Sam's main m.o. it's everyone's fault but his ....is it any wonder our youngsters want away from his cancerous attitude.
Born not made a blue .

February 25, 2018, 10:27:17 PM
Reply #704

Shogun

Administrator
Keane is alright until he’s pulled out wide and then he gets burned for pace.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth