December 11, 2018, 11:37:20 PM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 53384 times)

February 25, 2018, 10:30:39 PM
Reply #705

Mayor Farnum

Williams was hardly worth 8 mill when we bought him. We'd be lucky just to get him off the wage bill now.

February 25, 2018, 10:34:14 PM
Reply #706

Lxxx

I just don't think he's good enough really. He looked decent in a very tight, compact defence with two organised banks of four, but two tight banks of four aren't conducive to expansive football, as Burnley are showing.
If we have any desire to play a bit more open you need your centre halves to be mobile and have pace and ability get around the back line if your full backs push on. I just don't think he can do that and looks lost when he's left isolated. Obviously love him to come good but I've not seen much so far to suggest he's anything like the standard you want to build the spine of your team around.

February 26, 2018, 03:42:40 AM
Reply #707

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Martina and Williams stood out tbh
Id say you've over valued a few

Williams was hardly worth 8 mill when we bought him. We'd be lucky just to get him off the wage bill now.

Even if you knock Williams and Martina down to £0 and deduct everyone else's value by 30% the value is still £205m, bizzarely still a profit.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 03:44:40 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

February 26, 2018, 04:52:52 AM
Reply #708

KoemansNumberTens

No point really. Just from an economical point of view it's not like we've flushed £200m down the drain, mainly because of how the transfer market has blew up over the past 18 months.

We've also benefited from getting in a few young British players in before the market went daft.
Keane for example would still go for around £20m, even though he's been written off by many (I personally like Keane)

I do think Walsh should go though, and getting our money back should never be one of his main priorities. The players bought in haven't cut it, and most of them aren't worth what we paid.

20 million for Keane is a shocking return. We got him for the bargain price of 30m only because he was in the last year of his contract. What the fuck did we actually think he was worth.

February 26, 2018, 04:56:39 AM
Reply #709

Ramjam

I wonder what Walsh's signings would go for now, just to see how much if a disaster it's been.
Lookman, DCL and Gueye probably make up a lot as they're likely to be worth much more than what we paid for them.
My estimates are probably well out and I've probably missed a few, but its an interesting debate.

Bolasie (when fit) - £10m
Williams - £4m
Gueye - £25m?
DCL - £20m?
Schneiderlin - £15m
Lookman - £20
Sig - £30m?
Keane - £20m
Pickford - £40m
Klaassen - £15m
Vlasic - £15m
Sandro - £8m
Martina - £3m
Rooney - n/a
Theo - £20m
Tosun - 15m?

Onyekuru - £10m (haven't got a clue)

Total - £309m

My total £270m
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

February 26, 2018, 02:30:17 PM
Reply #710

Hawkandro

I know Bolasie is returning from a serious injury, but Christ, what does he offer at the moment?
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 26, 2018, 03:44:20 PM
Reply #711

Lxxx

I know Bolasie is returning from a serious injury, but Christ, what does he offer at the moment?

Rapping?

February 26, 2018, 03:59:38 PM
Reply #712

Hawkandro

Lewandowski wants a move to the PL apparently, get the delegation ready!
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

February 26, 2018, 04:01:46 PM
Reply #713

sam of the south

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 26, 2018, 04:11:42 PM
Reply #714

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Truly terrible player
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 26, 2018, 04:13:10 PM
Reply #715

Macca77

Fuck him off at the same time as Allardyce

Get the house in order and start again from scratch.

February 26, 2018, 06:05:42 PM
Reply #716

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Truly terrible player

He's an absolute clown of a footballer.

Can't believe we spent 27mil on him.

February 26, 2018, 06:25:55 PM
Reply #717

Bluenose 91

Feel sorry for Bolasie.

Getting an injury like that at probably the possible worst stage in his career, after making a bright start too.

He's looked awful since he come back but that's to be expected I think.

Struggle to see how he gets in to the team going in to next season.

February 26, 2018, 06:27:50 PM
Reply #718

gizzblue

Feel sorry for Bolasie.

Getting an injury like that at probably the possible worst stage in his career, after making a bright start too.

He's looked awful since he come back but that's to be expected I think.

Struggle to see how he gets in to the team going in to next season.
He's now an expensive sub at best behind Lookman in the order (if Lookman stays next year).
Born not made a blue .

February 26, 2018, 07:03:52 PM
Reply #719

Lxxx

He's now an expensive sub at best behind Lookman in the order (if Lookman stays next year).

But...but...but...he cost £30m quid.