October 22, 2018, 04:54:27 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 50666 times)

January 21, 2018, 09:44:38 PM
Read 50666 times

Thornton_19

Looks like we might be in the market for a new DoF after what I've heard.

Kenwright wants him out.
I could kiss you after that news mate.

February 02, 2018, 07:13:18 AM
Reply #1

Thornton_19

March 14, 2018, 02:58:10 PM
Reply #2

Thornton_19

Mirror saying we're interested in wilshere on a free, looking to give >90k pw.

I've generally always thought he's very overrated, and injury-wise he's an insane risk...but he's a step up in quality to what we have.

If we want to replace rooney's passing in cm next year, there are worse passers in the league.
I just feel as a club we should be starting a policy of signing nobody over 23 unless somebody of exceptional quality becomes available.

We need to get out of the habit of being a retirement home for old footballers and cast offs from 'big clubs'

We need to build our own and compete that way not try and desperately play catch up by signing 30 year olds who have been proven to not have it at a top level anymore. What Spurs and Liverpool do should be our model.

March 26, 2018, 06:12:04 AM
Reply #3

Thornton_19

Just to revisit the idea -

Looks like Tosun is starting to come good.

Would you say that's Pickford, Walcott, Sigurdsson, Rooney, Tosun, Gueye - potentially Lookman, Keane,  Vlasic...

Has he actually had a few more hits than we give him credit for and have his hits simply not been big enough / not been the right type of hits (unknowns, represent outstanding value etc.)
He may well feel short changed if he is binned off. Koeman seemed not to like him and just lost the plot on the pitch this season.
He is an easy scapegoat to get the fans back onside as I imagine most DOFs are much of the same.
A DOF is only as good as the managers ability to make the team play well.