November 21, 2018, 10:37:36 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Steve Walsh?  (Read 52440 times)

March 22, 2018, 01:20:10 PM
Reply #810

nsno

Did you really have to go and make a compilation?!  I definitely won't sleep now!

I'll be honest and admit I warmed to a few of those...  well, ok, two - Stracq and Valencia.  Jury still out on RFM.  Still, a pretty miserable compilation tape isn't it?

Let's call it 'Viva Las Everton', or some such shit.  And then burn it.

I didn't realise how much we'd miss funes mori until we were left with a choice of Keane or Williams alongside jags.
you don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows

March 22, 2018, 01:27:43 PM
Reply #811

Cereal Killer

Did you really have to go and make a compilation?!  I definitely won't sleep now!

I'll be honest and admit I warmed to a few of those...  well, ok, two - Stracq and Valencia.  Jury still out on RFM.  Still, a pretty miserable compilation tape isn't it?

Let's call it 'Viva Las Everton', or some such shit.  And then burn it.

We'll just go for "RFM - the greatest South American to ever play for Everton"

lolol

March 26, 2018, 03:59:29 AM
Reply #812

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Just to revisit the idea -

Looks like Tosun is starting to come good.

Would you say thatís Pickford, Walcott, Sigurdsson, Rooney, Tosun, Gueye - potentially Lookman, Keane,  Vlasic...

Has he actually had a few more hits than we give him credit for and have his hits simply not been big enough / not been the right type of hits (unknowns, represent outstanding value etc.)
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 26, 2018, 06:12:04 AM
Reply #813

Thornton_19

Would you say that's Pickford, Walcott, Sigurdsson, Rooney, Tosun, Gueye - potentially Lookman, Keane,  Vlasic...

Has he actually had a few more hits than we give him credit for and have his hits simply not been big enough / not been the right type of hits (unknowns, represent outstanding value etc.)
He may well feel short changed if he is binned off. Koeman seemed not to like him and just lost the plot on the pitch this season.
He is an easy scapegoat to get the fans back onside as I imagine most DOFs are much of the same.
A DOF is only as good as the managers ability to make the team play well. 

March 26, 2018, 07:42:40 AM
Reply #814

Shogun

Administrator

Would you say thatís Pickford, Walcott, Sigurdsson, Rooney, Tosun, Gueye - potentially Lookman, Keane,  Vlasic...

Deserves to be sacked for leaving us without a striker for six months.

Complete incompetence.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 26, 2018, 09:32:25 AM
Reply #815

Ramjam

Complete incompetence.
And a left back for 12 months
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 26, 2018, 12:37:48 PM
Reply #816

bluenuck

Honestly. The summer fiasco can't be blamed on one person. I think any reasonable person could come to that conclusion.

But Walsh is the dof. It falls on him. He's the man responsible and the man in charge of building a team. He left us extremely short in 2 positions. You could argue 3 as we had no width till Walcott showed up and bolasie was fit. He needs to pipe up and say no to buying klassen when we needed a left back, a wide player, or a striker.

March 26, 2018, 01:49:57 PM
Reply #817

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Complete incompetence.

Do not disagree, no siree bob - but will history be kinder to Walshy than current popular opinion?

Is it possible that Cenk Tosun will save his job by pulling up trees?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

March 26, 2018, 02:03:27 PM
Reply #818

Macca77

If you're shit at your job then you get sacked, Walsh has not only been shit but incompetent as well

March 26, 2018, 02:16:39 PM
Reply #819

Hawkandro

TBF, he should have walked when his answer to why we didn't replace Lukaku was 'because without his goals we would have finished 7th anyway'.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

March 26, 2018, 03:54:38 PM
Reply #820

Waltzer

Complete incompetence.

And despite assembling our most expensive squad ever (which people are now giving him credit for) he recommended employing a relegation expert to keep us in the division!!

March 27, 2018, 03:23:12 AM
Reply #821

D15TIN

Is it possible that Cenk Tosun will save his job by pulling up trees?
Definitely I think.

March 27, 2018, 03:58:20 AM
Reply #822

KoemansNumberTens

I donít think heís done that bad. Think the problems have been more down to others overpowering him.

March 27, 2018, 04:13:40 AM
Reply #823

Lxxx

I donít think heís done that bad. Think the problems have been more down to others overpowering him.

If you take players like Williams, Bolasie, Schneiderlin, Klaassan and Martina being Koeman's picks then I suppose on balance that's the shite of the group not attributable to him. The lack of a striker and left back are justifiable sticks to beat him with and I'd still like to see us ditch him for a more dynamic guy but he's probably not the absolute disaster it appears he is.

March 27, 2018, 05:15:40 AM
Reply #824

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
This is probably the most unbalanced Everton squad I've seen.

I think he's been a disaster myself.