December 15, 2017, 01:10:00 AM

Author Topic: [News]Moshiri backs bumbling Koeman  (Read 4312 times)

October 03, 2017, 10:22:43 PM
Reply #30

formerKHL

The club and our "ambitious" new owner embrace mediocrity

I'm absolutely sick of hearing people saying "well we shouldn't have won those games anyway" - bullshit, if that's the mentality then why even bother turning up?

If Burnley had the same mentality as us then they'd have been somewhere near the bottom and crying about their hard start to the season, instead they're 6th in the league with 12 points having played Liverpool, Everton, Spurs & Chelsea AWAY, collecting 8 points from those games

We've got a losers mentality at the club and I'm sick of it, our squad cost 3 times as much as theirs did, our manager is on 12 TIMES their managers wage & yet it's universally accepted that our season didn't start until after the United game - it's fucking pathetic

Now we've got the owner coming out and telling us that the players are "tired" - they're paid millions every year to basically stay fit and play matches, so turn it in.

While we've got people running the club with the mentality he's got & fans happily accepting defeat we'll forever be mediocre - Everton aren't we.

I feel your pain....but you seem to base your opinion/argument on the fact of how much people earn....

based on that argument lets get Donald Trump in to manage with Richard Branson up front....

deCoubertin

October 03, 2017, 10:33:57 PM
Reply #31

Martip

The club and our "ambitious" new owner embrace mediocrity

I'm absolutely sick of hearing people saying "well we shouldn't have won those games anyway" - bullshit, if that's the mentality then why even bother turning up?

If Burnley had the same mentality as us then they'd have been somewhere near the bottom and crying about their hard start to the season, instead they're 6th in the league with 12 points having played Liverpool, Everton, Spurs & Chelsea AWAY, collecting 8 points from those games

We've got a losers mentality at the club and I'm sick of it, our squad cost 3 times as much as theirs did, our manager is on 12 TIMES their managers wage & yet it's universally accepted that our season didn't start until after the United game - it's fucking pathetic

Now we've got the owner coming out and telling us that the players are "tired" - they're paid millions every year to basically stay fit and play matches, so turn it in.

While we've got people running the club with the mentality he's got & fans happily accepting defeat we'll forever be mediocre - Everton aren't we.
Spot on....less talk more points with them all needing to earn their crusts. Moshri needs to pipe down on skysports too and throw more cash our way so we can lose the sell to buy mentality.

October 03, 2017, 10:37:44 PM
Reply #32

Lxxx

Southampton in PL:

2012-13: 41 pts
2013-14: 56 pts
2014-15: 60 pts............Koeman*
2015-16: 63 pts............Koeman*
2016-17: 46 pts

*You've got to give credit to the manager!

Fair enough. I'm more concerned about the here and now though. Granted he steadied a rocky ship last season but this season the wheels seem to have fallen off and a lot of it seems to be of his own making. Frustrating to watch as we all had high hopes but his insistence on playing a system that doesn't work is proving his undoing.

October 03, 2017, 11:03:45 PM
Reply #33

BlueForYou

With the players to hand, do you think another manager would be doing that much better?

I'm not so sure; apart from the 10's in the pack, we don't have many cards to play - certainly no kings or aces (at the moment) just a joker card off the bench

Koeman can only play with the hand he's dealt - and I'm not so sure if he's happy with the dealer

Come January, we may well come up trumps!

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 03, 2017, 11:58:56 PM
Reply #34

woodduck

I feel Moshiri has not done anything too off here, with the exception of accepting defeat to the big clubs as being normal.
He's trying to make it clear Koeman will not be going anywhere in the short term - which I think needed some sort of statement after the results we have been getting.
Also, saying he will give Koeman "support" to me means he will give him whatever he needs to get the job done. It doesn't mean he necessarily has faith that he will get us out of this mess, just that he plans on giving Koeman the tools he asks for. If it doesn't work out though - then you would hope he will not hesitate in sacking him.
At least, that's how I like to read it.

October 04, 2017, 12:09:47 AM
Reply #35

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
With the players to hand, do you think another manager would be doing that much better?

I'm not so sure; apart from the 10's in the pack, we don't have many cards to play - certainly no kings or aces (at the moment) just a joker card off the bench

Koeman can only play with the hand he's dealt - and I'm not so sure if he's happy with the dealer

Come January, we may well come up trumps!

Yeah i think a manager that came in and actually spoke to the players with respect, gave them some confidence, then it would help massively. We have good players, some great players. But they play half heartedly. We need someone in with man management skills.
I have to return some videotapes.

October 04, 2017, 12:55:57 AM
Reply #36

BlueForYou

So, how was Koeman's man management skills last season?

Are they that different this season?
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 04, 2017, 12:58:22 AM
Reply #37

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
So, how was Koeman's man management skills last season?

Are they that different this season?

In my opinion, the players have just got fed up of the way he works. Maybe they dont agree with how he has treated certain players etc. I duno just speculating but if my boss treated me that way, i wouldnt be running through walls for him/her.
I have to return some videotapes.

October 04, 2017, 01:05:39 AM
Reply #38

kramer0

It's no surprise to see diminishing returns from the blunt approach to man management.

October 04, 2017, 01:08:50 AM
Reply #39

Evertonian in NC

It's no surprise to see diminishing returns from the blunt approach to man management.

Si had been hinting at such all along, to his credit.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

October 04, 2017, 01:29:09 AM
Reply #40

gizzblue

There is only so long a manager can live on :' do you know I won it all as a player ..... seeing him smirking during the match at the weekend compounded my hatred for all things RK.

October 04, 2017, 03:15:54 AM
Reply #41

BlueForYou

Whatever Koeman's approach, his PL record is good -

60 pts - 7th
63 pts - 6th
61 pts - 7th

As with players - form dips, but class comes through

Harry Catterick

October 04, 2017, 05:27:27 AM
Reply #42

Juanito

Whatever Koeman's approach, his PL record is good -

60 pts - 7th
63 pts - 6th
61 pts - 7th

As with players - form dips, but class comes through

Pretty ropey around Europe though.

October 04, 2017, 03:55:49 PM
Reply #43

BlueForYou

Goal difference good, too:

2013-14: +21
2014-15: +18
2015-16: +18

Consistent

Harry Catterick

October 04, 2017, 04:34:30 PM
Reply #44

Ross

Goal difference good, too:

2013-14: +21
2014-15: +18
2015-16: +18

Consistent

Hes spent roughly 400m on two established premier league squads since hes been in the league, youd expect those sort of figures from any experienced manager given that sort of backing. Let alone one whos the 8th highest remunerated in world football.

Youd also expect better cup performances and at least a resemblance of occasional exciting football against the better teams. Surely thats not asking to much is it?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 04:42:26 PM by Ross »
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.