October 19, 2017, 02:19:25 PM

Author Topic: [News]Moshiri backs bumbling Koeman  (Read 3227 times)

October 03, 2017, 05:52:48 AM
Reply #15

Tony Clifton

Everton CIA experiment aren't we? 

MKUltra MKEverton!

Convinced we're nothing but a bunch of burnt-out guinea pigs at this point, look at us!

Agents everywhere!

Where's the CIA money Bill?

If you don't hear from me before...

deCoubertin

October 03, 2017, 05:52:50 AM
Reply #16

bacon sarnie

Koeman is actually playing poker just now and about to declare his hand

Brilliant. Brought forth a much-needed fucking laugh that, ta.

Underground Overground Bumbling Free by Bee Bumble & the Stingers. Bet @eyesalwaysblue blue has the single.......

October 03, 2017, 06:17:43 AM
Reply #17

SANA_DR0

I gather the other 2 are on the flop quite literally

means our midfields is Quads, the third best midfield in the premier league! (after the royal flush and the straight flush)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 06:22:15 AM by SANA_DR0 »
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

October 03, 2017, 08:12:56 AM
Reply #18

blueski

Hard to take away too much from these comments.

Could be theyre his actual opinion (which seems unlikely). Or just him trying to deflect attention either to buy the manager more time to turn it around or buy himself more time to shop for a replacement manager behind the scenes.
Nil Satis

October 03, 2017, 08:35:02 AM
Reply #19

eyesalwaysblue

Hard to take away too much from these comments.

Could be theyre his actual opinion (which seems unlikely). Or just him trying to deflect attention either to buy the manager more time to turn it around or buy himself more time to shop for a replacement manager behind the scenes.
He could have had some more "help and input" forced on him apart from the transfer window being taken out of his hands,if he has it may be the best short term solution.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 03, 2017, 03:00:44 PM
Reply #20

Realist

The club and our "ambitious" new owner embrace mediocrity

I'm absolutely sick of hearing people saying "well we shouldn't have won those games anyway" - bullshit, if that's the mentality then why even bother turning up?

If Burnley had the same mentality as us then they'd have been somewhere near the bottom and crying about their hard start to the season, instead they're 6th in the league with 12 points having played Liverpool, Everton, Spurs & Chelsea AWAY, collecting 8 points from those games

We've got a losers mentality at the club and I'm sick of it, our squad cost 3 times as much as theirs did, our manager is on 12 TIMES their managers wage & yet it's universally accepted that our season didn't start until after the United game - it's fucking pathetic

Now we've got the owner coming out and telling us that the players are "tired" - they're paid millions every year to basically stay fit and play matches, so turn it in.

While we've got people running the club with the mentality he's got & fans happily accepting defeat we'll forever be mediocre - Everton aren't we.

October 03, 2017, 03:55:46 PM
Reply #21

Macca77

Its all a bit messy isn't it, excuse after excuse

October 03, 2017, 04:39:23 PM
Reply #22

everton1952

Koeman was doing OK at Southampton which is presumably why we went for him, and why probably the vast majority of fans were glad to have him, until now of course. It is not surprising that the owner will back him; as said elsewhere we are not like Crystal Palace, or others who go through 9 managers in 7 seasons. Even if there were a queue (which there is not) of successful unattached managers begging to be hired by Everton, this is not the time to change the manager. The names put out by angry fans to be his successor are just plucked at random from the latest  media crap, without the slightest idea of their suitability, an almost certain recipe for disaster.

October 03, 2017, 06:05:05 PM
Reply #23

BlueForYou

RK was a superb footballer and may rely on this more than his man management skills

Alan Ball suffered this trait as a manager

Koeman does come across as a bit distant, but that shouldn't matter as long as he can get the best from his players

Reminds me of Harry Catterick - hardly any of his players had a good word to say about him....................but they performed

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 03, 2017, 06:35:16 PM
Reply #24

Hawkandro

If it continues how long will it be before Moshiri changes his mind? Will he allow Koeman to stick it out and accept a low league finish. It baffles me this it really does. I have a feeling Kenwright would be putting Koeman on notice, but as Koeman was Moshiris choice he does t want to look a fool by sacking him half way through his contract.
If we still around 13th or lower around Christmas, surely he has to go? But even then I have a feeling Moshiri will keep him no matter what.

Come the end of October we could well be out of Europe, out of the Carabao Cup and in the relegation zone. I would imagine he will be gone at that point if so.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 03, 2017, 06:37:01 PM
Reply #25

Hawkandro

Koeman was doing OK at Southampton which is presumably why we went for him, and why probably the vast majority of fans were glad to have him, until now of course. It is not surprising that the owner will back him; as said elsewhere we are not like Crystal Palace, or others who go through 9 managers in 7 seasons. Even if there were a queue (which there is not) of successful unattached managers begging to be hired by Everton, this is not the time to change the manager. The names put out by angry fans to be his successor are just plucked at random from the latest  media crap, without the slightest idea of their suitability, an almost certain recipe for disaster.

Sadly, it now appears he was riding Pochettino's coat-tails, much like Martinez was riding Moyes's, albeit more successfully.

October 03, 2017, 07:12:07 PM
Reply #26

BlueForYou

In defence of Koeman at Southampton, he didn't inherit a team as such because half of them moved on after Pochettino left, and did a pretty good job at rebuilding them

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:13:21 PM by BlueForYou »
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 03, 2017, 08:25:21 PM
Reply #27

Lxxx

Come the end of October we could well be out of Europe, out of the Carabao Cup and in the relegation zone. I would imagine he will be gone at that point if so.

I think there is a very strong possibility this may be the case.

October 03, 2017, 08:56:03 PM
Reply #28

Hawkandro

In defence of Koeman at Southampton, he didn't inherit a team as such because half of them moved on after Pochettino left, and did a pretty good job at rebuilding them

You could also counter that by saying they have Les Reed who is their DoF, who had been in the role a few years by then, and had the scouting system in place with numerous targets lined up to replace the players that left.

(Playing Devil's Advocate)

October 03, 2017, 10:17:28 PM
Reply #29

BlueForYou

Southampton in PL:

2012-13: 41 pts
2013-14: 56 pts
2014-15: 60 pts............Koeman*
2015-16: 63 pts............Koeman*
2016-17: 46 pts

*You've got to give credit to the manager!

Harry Catterick