October 18, 2017, 04:31:26 PM

Author Topic: [News]Moshiri backs bumbling Koeman  (Read 3202 times)

October 04, 2017, 05:28:27 PM
Reply #45

BlueForYou

Cannot help the cost of players

People on this forum think that Sigurdsson is not worth 45m

Koeman may well have thought that, too

Keane's form, so far, has been underwhelming - his own doing or Koeman's?

I'd be very surprised if any other Southampton manager overhauls Koeman's two PL seasons there - especially in succession

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

deCoubertin

October 04, 2017, 05:45:35 PM
Reply #46

sam of the south

Hes spent roughly 400m on two established premier league squads since hes been in the league, youd expect those sort of figures from any experienced manager given that sort of backing. Let alone one whos the 8th highest remunerated in world football.

Youd also expect better cup performances and at least a resemblance of occasional exciting football against the better teams. Surely thats not asking to much is it?

Indeed.

In fact, I would be made up with 90 minutes of exciting football against one of the lesser teams.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

October 04, 2017, 05:46:47 PM
Reply #47

Lxxx

I'd be very surprised if any other Southampton manager overhauls Koeman's two PL seasons there - especially in succession

But his career has always peaked and troughed. Success in Holland followed by failure at a high profile and demanding club in Valencia. Success for Southampton followed by challenging times at a higher profile and demanding club in Everton.
His two peaks at Soton coincided with our lows under Martinez, he'd have finished under us if we'd reverted to our average form and league positions.
The point is he was never a serious upgrade for where we wanted to be. He was a big named stopgap who was probably only ever going to consolidate 7th for us and no more really. He's not innovative or charismatic or loyal, all of which were known before his appointment.

In my opinion he was a vanity appointment by an owner who wanted to make a statement by appointing an ex-legend of the game, without doing serious due diligence on whether he was the right fit for the foreseeable future.

October 06, 2017, 01:17:11 AM
Reply #48

eyesalwaysblue

They wheeled Reidy out to back him now,keeps getting better.
I still despise Clive Thomas..

October 06, 2017, 01:30:06 AM
Reply #49

SANA_DR0

I dont understand, why after buying Klaassen, (a number 10) then Rooney (another number 10) why we still went all out for Sigurdsson, (another number 10) on the day we bought Siggy, we actually signed another number 10!! (Vlasic)

Fucking shocking really, considering, we had Barkley (a much more dynamic number ten than the first 3 number tens we bought)

Why not give up on Siggy, and go all out for a striker.. so the number tens actually had someone to aim for..

Just one of the many reasons that Koeman needs to go.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 01:31:44 AM by SANA_DR0 »
Koeman is taking Everton places. Namely, the Championship.

October 06, 2017, 02:55:30 AM
Reply #50

toffee_scot

But his career has always peaked and troughed. Success in Holland followed by failure at a high profile and demanding club in Valencia. Success for Southampton followed by challenging times at a higher profile and demanding club in Everton.
His two peaks at Soton coincided with our lows under Martinez, he'd have finished under us if we'd reverted to our average form and league positions.
The point is he was never a serious upgrade for where we wanted to be. He was a big named stopgap who was probably only ever going to consolidate 7th for us and no more really. He's not innovative or charismatic or loyal, all of which were known before his appointment.

In my opinion he was a vanity appointment by an owner who wanted to make a statement by appointing an ex-legend of the game, without doing serious due diligence on whether he was the right fit for the foreseeable future.

I was initially quite supportive of Koeman's appointment because he did a really good job at Southampton considering every season half of their team wanted to leave or were approached by Liverpool and other clubs and he managed to recruit and work with a few decent players to turn Southampton into a good solid Premier League side. He seemed a no nonsense manager who knew the Premier League well and would sort out our defence which was atrocious at the time and get us much further up the table.

Granted he might have seemed a 'safe' option but to be fair he came in, saw there was quite a bit of work to do and managed to turn a very demoralised team into a team that finished in the top 7. I'm sure though Moshiri partly wanted to appoint him because he was a very well known name in football and spoke about NW England being some sort of "Hollywood" for managers.

However this season, we were supposed to see improvement but the complete opposite has happened - I don't think many people saw this at all. Some could look at our transfer policy but it is still up to the manager to get the best out of the team especially as he will have been consulted about the signings especially the likes of Martina, Rooney and Sigurdsson which he has wanted for a while. Looking at his record though it is true that his managerial career has been quite patchy and I think he also resigned from one of the Dutch clubs he managed. My big concern was also the fact he has managed 7 clubs before us so he is not really a long term manager whatever the 'project' might be.

October 08, 2017, 02:17:18 PM
Reply #51

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Papers today saying he has been given till end of October to sort it out, Aldo that Arsenal and Spurs are interested in Lookman, would you blame the kid if he wanted to go back to London ?

October 08, 2017, 02:27:01 PM
Reply #52

BlueForYou

Are Holland looking for a new manager? Their only way is up!

Is Lookman suffering homesickness?  A few London clubs linked
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 08, 2017, 02:35:12 PM
Reply #53

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Are Holland looking for a new manager? Their only way is up!

Is Lookman suffering homesickness?  A few London clubs linked

Not sure it's homesickness, think he'd just like to be given the chance to play football.

October 08, 2017, 04:10:46 PM
Reply #54

everton1952

Blimey, if Everton recover and regain our position around 7th, as I hope all Evertonians do, then there are a lot of folk on here who will have to eat shit for their condemnation and complete rejection of Koeman.  If things come good again, I will feel smug because I have never committed myself one way or the other. I still retain hope he will make us good again and we can forge ahead into an ever brighter future, and today's misery can be put behind us. If we lose at Brighton, all hell will break loose on this site.  I won't change my mind, but God help our cat if we do lose there. The end is not yet nigh as some seem to think.

October 08, 2017, 05:25:18 PM
Reply #55

BlueForYou

The Holland question was really tongue in cheek (failed to qualify for World Cup) and, therefore, a possible mutual get out clause for both parties!

I am supportive of Koeman's contract to be honoured by both he and club

Harry Catterick

October 08, 2017, 10:40:16 PM
Reply #56

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Blimey, if Everton recover and regain our position around 7th, as I hope all Evertonians do, then there are a lot of folk on here who will have to eat shit for their condemnation and complete rejection of Koeman.  If things come good again, I will feel smug because I have never committed myself one way or the other. I still retain hope he will make us good again and we can forge ahead into an ever brighter future, and today's misery can be put behind us. If we lose at Brighton, all hell will break loose on this site.  I won't change my mind, but God help our cat if we do lose there. The end is not yet nigh as some seem to think.

Just finishing seventh isn't good enough.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

October 08, 2017, 10:49:50 PM
Reply #57

blueski

doubt this

yes his name was probably a factor but for positive rather than negative reasons - ie player recruitment

also maybe a little too much focus was on the manager personality and I think the board was fed up also with Martinez & the way he whitewashed everything - they wanted a strong personality who would tell it like it is. Unfortunately maybe they went too far in the opposite direction or focused too much on this one characteristic?

Nil Satis

October 08, 2017, 11:13:03 PM
Reply #58

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure it's homesickness, think he'd just like to be given the chance to play football.

Done absolutely fuck all when played yet Everton fans convinced he's the silver bullet 🙄
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 08, 2017, 11:27:41 PM
Reply #59

Evertonian in NC

saying you'd like him to get a few sub minutes here and there is hardly "silver bullet"
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin