September 24, 2018, 02:27:34 PM

Author Topic: [News]Moshiri backs bumbling Koeman  (Read 7383 times)

October 03, 2017, 06:35:16 PM
Read 7383 times

Hawkandro

If it continues how long will it be before Moshiri changes his mind? Will he allow Koeman to stick it out and accept a low league finish. It baffles me this it really does. I have a feeling Kenwright would be putting Koeman on notice, but as Koeman was Moshiris choice he does t want to look a fool by sacking him half way through his contract.
If we still around 13th or lower around Christmas, surely he has to go? But even then I have a feeling Moshiri will keep him no matter what.

Come the end of October we could well be out of Europe, out of the Carabao Cup and in the relegation zone. I would imagine he will be gone at that point if so.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 03, 2017, 06:37:01 PM
Reply #1

Hawkandro

Koeman was doing OK at Southampton which is presumably why we went for him, and why probably the vast majority of fans were glad to have him, until now of course. It is not surprising that the owner will back him; as said elsewhere we are not like Crystal Palace, or others who go through 9 managers in 7 seasons. Even if there were a queue (which there is not) of successful unattached managers begging to be hired by Everton, this is not the time to change the manager. The names put out by angry fans to be his successor are just plucked at random from the latest  media crap, without the slightest idea of their suitability, an almost certain recipe for disaster.

Sadly, it now appears he was riding Pochettino's coat-tails, much like Martinez was riding Moyes's, albeit more successfully.

October 03, 2017, 08:56:03 PM
Reply #2

Hawkandro

In defence of Koeman at Southampton, he didn't inherit a team as such because half of them moved on after Pochettino left, and did a pretty good job at rebuilding them

You could also counter that by saying they have Les Reed who is their DoF, who had been in the role a few years by then, and had the scouting system in place with numerous targets lined up to replace the players that left.

(Playing Devil's Advocate)

October 09, 2017, 06:11:51 PM
Reply #3

Hawkandro

I just think if he's not going to be getting minutes at a senior level then he's really better suited to a loan move away in January. We'll be out of the Carabou Cup shortly, probably out of Europe too if things carry on so the available minutes will have diminished somewhat. He's got talent and he needs games to progress and if he's not getting it here then for his development he needs to be playing every week.

TBF, if we are out of both competitions in the next few weeks, our new manager may well play him.