December 18, 2017, 03:19:09 AM

Poll

Regarding Everton only, how optimistic a Blue are you?

Things are always great
Despite the odd setback, things get better
Life's a rollercoaster
Odd moments of joy don't offset the misery
The only reason the end hasn't come is someone fucked up
I don't understand the question

Author Topic: Optimistic or Pessimistic Blue?  (Read 1823 times)

October 03, 2017, 04:35:45 AM
Reply #30

Optimistic Blue

yes, my child?
you cant take the right out of Kenwright

deCoubertin

October 03, 2017, 04:48:48 AM
Reply #31

arteta4spain

Im a realist.

I can see when patterns develop and know what's around the corner.

I'm done with Koeman because I know his departure is imminent.

We've been shite for all the time I've supported us but never actually been that shite, so it's hard to go ethier way for me.
Even though Moshiri has given Koeman his total support publicly you reckon he's a goner? I don't! Moshiri will hopefully be scrutinising everything Koeman does and seeing if there are improvements. Not just in results but in performances and his man management.
I hope Moshiri has put him on notice and reaffirmed his expectations. I'd hope he's said something along the lines of ,you've got ten games to sort this out. If I was Moshiri I'd be asking what his actual plan is, what is he trying The achieve with all these players. Are they not doing what's been asked of them? Are they confused as to what you want from them?
Moshiri and Kenwright need to assess what Koemans plans are and see if he just needs time to bring it into fruition.
If we were sound in defence and middle of the park and couldn't score then I'd be saying yeah Koemans done well to a certain extent. He's got the basics with what we've got and as we didn't get a striker in that's where we're lacking. However it's all over the park and there's no cohesion or any kind of plan.
It makes you wonder what goes on at Finch Farm.

October 03, 2017, 04:54:30 AM
Reply #32

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Even though Moshiri has given Koeman his total support publicly you reckon he's a goner? I don't! Moshiri will hopefully be scrutinising everything Koeman does and seeing if there are improvements. Not just in results but in performances and his man management.
I hope Moshiri has put him on notice and reaffirmed his expectations. I'd hope he's said something along the lines of ,you've got ten games to sort this out. If I was Moshiri I'd be asking what his actual plan is, what is he trying The achieve with all these players. Are they not doing what's been asked of them? Are they confused as to what you want from them?
Moshiri and Kenwright need to assess what Koemans plans are and see if he just needs time to bring it into fruition.
If we were sound in defence and middle of the park and couldn't score then I'd be saying yeah Koemans done well to a certain extent. He's got the basics with what we've got and as we didn't get a striker in that's where we're lacking. However it's all over the park and there's no cohesion or any kind of plan.
It makes you wonder what goes on at Finch Farm.

Yeah man.

The so called 'vote of confidence' is usually the beginning of the end.

He called for a reaction after Atalanta and hasn't got it. The only reaction he's gotten is from a player he doesn't want here who obviously wants to prove a point.

Can't see us getting results at Brighton, Arsenal at home, and the Lyon games.

His position will be untenable by that point.

October 03, 2017, 05:09:34 AM
Reply #33

arteta4spain

Yeah man.

The so called 'vote of confidence' is usually the beginning of the end.

He called for a reaction after Atalanta and hasn't got it. The only reaction he's gotten is from a player he doesn't want here who obviously wants to prove a point.

Can't see us getting results at Brighton, Arsenal at home, and the Lyon games.

His position will be untenable by that point.
I'm torn tbh because on one hand I'll be fuming that the season could be over before Christmas as out of Europe (possibly) languishing in the lower half of the league and possibly out of a cup. But on the other it'll force him out and hopefully a new manager will turn us around. 

October 03, 2017, 05:44:51 AM
Reply #34

bacon sarnie

Supporting since 1959 Im an optimist with masochistic tendencies

Snap. Knew we'd beat Sheff Wednesday though.

October 03, 2017, 06:19:55 AM
Reply #35

Ravardo

Talking of optimism i know it raised a chuckle last time i mentioned it but mesut ozil should be available in january or he leaves on a free at the end of the season being linked with inter milan...just need to change where he plays to centre mid next to davies

October 03, 2017, 06:36:43 AM
Reply #36

Ramjam

For some strange reason I always think we will win come match day, probably because in the 80's the case was not if we would win but rather how many we would win by. Fuck to have those days back again when we flogged everyone
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

October 03, 2017, 07:12:20 AM
Reply #37

Realist

Talking of optimism i know it raised a chuckle last time i mentioned it but mesut ozil should be available in january or he leaves on a free at the end of the season being linked with inter milan...just need to change where he plays to centre mid next to davies

Now that's what you call optimism

October 03, 2017, 08:19:43 AM
Reply #38

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Martinez and now Koeman are ruining Everton for me.

That first Martinez season though...

I was dead against him coming in too but it was probably the highlight in recent years for me. Awful after that but I think credit where it was due for a little while.

October 03, 2017, 08:27:49 AM
Reply #39

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Im all over the map on this, always somewhat optimistic before kick off but that optimism is tempered by our history.

Bigger picture, I think we have a very narrow avenue for success. The divide is something that will grow bigger if we let it. Much like prior to kick off though I try to keep hopeful on the chance of us winning things again. That will require us doing things well on and off the field that were currently doing kinda poorly.

October 03, 2017, 10:16:54 AM
Reply #40

bluenuck

I'm torn tbh because on one hand I'll be fuming that the season could be over before Christmas as out of Europe (possibly) languishing in the lower half of the league and possibly out of a cup. But on the other it'll force him out and hopefully a new manager will turn us around.

Christmas?! It could be over by Halloween.

October 03, 2017, 01:45:25 PM
Reply #41

Toddacelli

I've been poisoned.

Growing up as a child when you think you're invincible and life will go on like one endless summer holiday and anything is possible and football is the greatest thing in the world and your football team is the best in the world.

Well that time for me was the 80's. Too young to remeber the early 80's much but 84/85 was my first season ticket with my dad and at the age of 8 I thought the success and the football and the players and me and my dad would last forever.

The poison of that success ravaged my body and soul and I was never the same again.

Any time we get anything like a sniff of anything good I am like a junkie. Yes, yes, this is it! This is it! One more hit of the Golden Years!

And for a moment I can almost remember the feel of those Golden Blues hazy 80's days...

Now, like Pookie, starving and craving the rush it takes very little to get me optimistic that the next big hit is around the corner. Even signing a player I've never heard of and never seen from some European minnow league can get me going again - he might be the next Trevor Steven, Peter Reid, Kevin Sheedy, Neville Southall, Paul Bracewell, Andy Gray, Kevin Ratcliffe, Graeme Sharp...

It never is.

So am I optimistic? I am. Or at least I exhibit signs of optimisim, but take me to the soul doctor and he or she would recognise the signs. This lad's not optimistic - he's been poisoned by success at an early age when life and laughter had no end and anything was possible.

Chances of recovery?  Less than zero.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

October 03, 2017, 02:27:12 PM
Reply #42

BlueForYou

C Palace on the 18th Nov

January transfer window

FA Cup to come

An away win, a CB, a left footer, a goalscorer and a trophy

Koeman's cavaliers

Keep the faith

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

October 03, 2017, 04:00:41 PM
Reply #43

Macca77

One of my mates said this last night, "it's just second season syndrome, happens to every manager"

I had to stop myself from punching his face in

October 03, 2017, 04:35:35 PM
Reply #44

blue slug

Martinez and koeman have made me numb to feelings with regards to everton and that is something that didn't even happen under mike walker or walter smith