December 14, 2017, 02:26:30 PM

Poll

Regarding Everton only, how optimistic a Blue are you?

Things are always great
Despite the odd setback, things get better
Life's a rollercoaster
Odd moments of joy don't offset the misery
The only reason the end hasn't come is someone fucked up
I don't understand the question

Author Topic: Optimistic or Pessimistic Blue?  (Read 1786 times)

October 03, 2017, 04:35:55 PM
Reply #45

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Couldn’t give a shit blue.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

deCoubertin

October 03, 2017, 04:52:29 PM
Reply #46

SANA_DR0

I've been poisoned.

Growing up as a child when you think you're invincible and life will go on like one endless summer holiday and anything is possible and football is the greatest thing in the world and your football team is the best in the world.

Well that time for me was the 80's. Too young to remeber the early 80's much but 84/85 was my first season ticket with my dad and at the age of 8 I thought the success and the football and the players and me and my dad would last forever.

The poison of that success ravaged my body and soul and I was never the same again.

Any time we get anything like a sniff of anything good I am like a junkie. Yes, yes, this is it! This is it! One more hit of the Golden Years!

And for a moment I can almost remember the feel of those Golden Blues hazy 80's days...

Now, like Pookie, starving and craving the rush it takes very little to get me optimistic that the next big hit is around the corner. Even signing a player I've never heard of and never seen from some European minnow league can get me going again - he might be the next Trevor Steven, Peter Reid, Kevin Sheedy, Neville Southall, Paul Bracewell, Andy Gray, Kevin Ratcliffe, Graeme Sharp...

It never is.

So am I optimistic? I am. Or at least I exhibit signs of optimisim, but take me to the soul doctor and he or she would recognise the signs. This lad's not optimistic - he's been poisoned by success at an early age when life and laughter had no end and anything was possible.

Chances of recovery?  Less than zero.

fixed..need to watch NewjackCity again..  thank you for the memories!
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

October 03, 2017, 04:57:37 PM
Reply #47

Ravardo

Ozil he's defo optimistic he wants £350.000k a week :wanker:

October 03, 2017, 08:13:45 PM
Reply #48

MrWhite

NSNO Subscriber
dont understand the question, I enjoy the game regardless, the result is beyond my control... its just like watching the third/4th seasons of walking dead atm.

Cant wait till Negan kicks in.. just hope it wont be  2-3 seasons time.

October 03, 2017, 09:19:25 PM
Reply #49

TSGun

Always optimistic, and there's been a general upward curve of optimism over the past 15 years or so.

Despite the shaky ground currently we've a good squad, some excellent young talent and a club that's seeking to improve and grow. What's not to be optimistic about?

...besides, isn't it simply a matter of choice?

October 03, 2017, 09:37:28 PM
Reply #50

formerKHL

The only way is up........so you decide what I am....

October 03, 2017, 09:49:33 PM
Reply #51

Paddockoldie

The only way is up........so you decide what I am....

Are you Yaz?

October 03, 2017, 10:05:59 PM
Reply #52

formerKHL

haha ye..only better looking......me mam told me..

October 04, 2017, 12:02:47 AM
Reply #53

Paddockoldie

That's mum's for you. You could be a proper minger and your ma would still think you could be a model

October 04, 2017, 12:32:18 AM
Reply #54

gizzblue

That's mum's for you. You could be a proper minger and your ma would still think you could be a model
Even Luke Chadwicks mum and tevez....naaaa

October 04, 2017, 01:02:11 AM
Reply #55

wepull

After the "Blowing your own trumpet" thread I don't think I can ever lean towards optimistic blue.

I think we have a good enough squad and we'll recover from this bad start even with Koeman at the helm. What I am not fine with is one more year where we barely challenge for anything. We are not going to do anything great in the league, with Chelsea away in the league cup we are more or less going to lose it, also it looks pretty unlikely that we'll go into the knockouts of the Europa league. It's 3 out of 4 competitions we are more or less out of within 1.5 months into the season. I think I have a pretty much pessimistic view towards this season.

October 04, 2017, 01:07:41 AM
Reply #56

SANA_DR0

Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....