October 22, 2017, 08:07:25 AM

Author Topic: Who do you want?  (Read 4934 times)

October 04, 2017, 04:38:45 AM
Reply #45

Juanito

There are people on here suggesting we couldn't get Tuchel.

While it would be unlikely I personally think with the right contract he would come here, simply for the fact of giving himself a chance at managing in the premier league.

Failing that I would be happy with Silva.

Probably hanging around for the Bayern job.

deCoubertin

October 04, 2017, 04:41:25 AM
Reply #46

plowman2

Peiegrini
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

October 04, 2017, 05:10:53 AM
Reply #47

Hawkandro

Ancelotti.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

October 04, 2017, 05:15:23 AM
Reply #48

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I think anchelotti would be a disaster here.

October 04, 2017, 06:08:22 AM
Reply #49

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Think ancelotti's next job will be either Milan, or China where he can phone it in until retirement.

Wonder how Arteta is getting on.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 04, 2017, 06:37:53 AM
Reply #50

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Think ancelotti's next job will be either Milan, or China where he can phone it in until retirement.

Do I have another one for the Arteta train here?

October 04, 2017, 08:00:07 AM
Reply #51

American Evertonian

I want someone that won't start Rooney every match.
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

October 04, 2017, 08:26:47 AM
Reply #52

SteB

I know he's only just started at Lille but its Marcelo Bielsa for me.

October 04, 2017, 08:58:22 AM
Reply #53

Buck76

There are people on here suggesting we couldn't get Tuchel.

While it would be unlikely I personally think with the right contract he would come here, simply for the fact of giving himself a chance at managing in the premier league.

Failing that I would be happy with Silva.

Yes Thomas Tuchel, if the Russian is on the way & Bayern go for someone else... ya never know he maybe tempted to make it an all german Merseyside Derby...

But we have some serious enemies in the Media... Carroll & Mazzarri... enough to spark a riot!!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 09:04:05 AM by Buck76 »

October 04, 2017, 12:53:04 PM
Reply #54

GrantyBoy78

Not sure any ‘big time’ manager would touch us, unless it was just for the money. We’re a bit of a joke. The squad is so unbalanced and ultimately that’s the boards fault: either Walsh for not ensuring we’ve got sufficient quality/numbers in ALL areas, or indulging Koeman. We’ve discussed at length the club whether Koeman/Walsh are responsible for the poor shape of the squad...but that is ultimately the boards fault.

We can try to sell the ‘quality’ of the squad to the new guy but he’ll just say ‘you’ve struggled for width...and no fucking wonder, all your wide options at the club are fucking dreadful!’. ‘You’ve struggled for goals...’. See above.

No chance a manager can come in and get this lot playing anytime soon- we’re short of genuine quality in defence, out wide and upfront.

It’s not like a normal interview where you turn up and try and say the right things and hope you get it. It’d take a lot of work through agents even get our board in the same room as someone like Ancelotti and he’d be asking the questions and scrutinising our philosophy, since the takeover. Not sure out board have the answers.

Part of Steve Walsh’s job should be to look at continuity - there should be an affordable candidate lined-up that should have a similar playing philosophy (whatever that it) to the current manager which means the team’s not in need of drastic overhaul after every appointment.

October 04, 2017, 01:49:51 PM
Reply #55

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I know he's only just started at Lille but its Marcelo Bielsa for me.

Supposed to be a genius but don't the wheels come flying off at most of the clubs he joins?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

October 04, 2017, 02:08:39 PM
Reply #56

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
 Rafa Benitez

October 04, 2017, 02:22:57 PM
Reply #57

van der Meyde

If you're open to Arteta, you'll be Rhino in in no time. :)

October 04, 2017, 02:26:39 PM
Reply #58

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Rafa Benitez

Hate the man but he'd piss seventh.

Only problem is he's even worse at attack then Ron.

October 04, 2017, 02:26:57 PM
Reply #59

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
If you're open to Arteta, you'll be Rhino in in no time. :)

Nah you're alright.